Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
First GT3

Hi guys.

I am picking up my first GT3 tomorrow.

Couple of questions:
1) after market warranty - original warranty runs out 10/2013 - any options out there? I called local Porsche dealer - they have a couple that would cover GT3s.. any comments?

2) Exaust flap on the right side is non-functioning - it is dented and it is always open according to PPI. Ive negotiated the price of the car so the dealer (non-Porsche dealer) do not want to fix it. - I know it is part of the whole side muffler? leave it open? =)

3)Clear bra a must? - side OEM clear film is all yellow - would the warranty replace that for me?

4) anything else you guys would recommend?

I will post pics tomorrow

Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 AM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kormaster
Hi guys.

I am picking up my first GT3 tomorrow.

Couple of questions:
1) after market warranty - original warranty runs out 10/2013 - any options out there? I called local Porsche dealer - they have a couple that would cover GT3s.. any comments?

2) Exaust flap on the right side is non-functioning - it is dented and it is always open according to PPI. Ive negotiated the price of the car so the dealer (non-Porsche dealer) do not want to fix it. - I know it is part of the whole side muffler? leave it open? =)

3)Clear bra a must? - side OEM clear film is all yellow - would the warranty replace that for me?

4) anything else you guys would recommend?

I will post pics tomorrow
1) Can't speak from experience, but I'm sure some 3 owners will chime in about their warranties.

2) Just replace your exhaust with a Sharkwerks system. Sounds much better anyway

3) I would recommend it. Replacement film isn't too expensive, but wouldn't be covered by the warranty anyway.

4) Stock up on front spoiler lips, you WILL scrape, and just assume you'll be replacing them every 6 months or so, depending on how bad they scratch up.

5) DRIVE IT! These cars are meant to be driven hard. Take care of your 3, and it will take care of you!

Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Nothing much, just a set of these with centerlocks and you are set!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 AM
jakegt3 is infamous around these parts
If you drive on the track, you'll definitely want a clear bra on the front. My car constantly gets bombarded by debris on the front and on the sides whenever I'm on the track.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 AM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
1. Go with the factory extended warranty.

2. Does the car have bypass pipe? If not, otherwise the exhaust could drone inside the car. Only you can tell if it would be bothersome.

3. You car must be white if you can see the film yellowing. Pretty much all clear bras on white cars will yellow over time. Just replace it and have them extend the bra for a bit more coverage than what comes stock.

4. Drive the car for a bit and than get an alignment, and get it out on the track. You will love the car.

I really enjoyed my GT3 but my lease is up soon and will let her go.

Anyone want a 2010 GT3???

by the way, have you had work done by GMG before?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SKXF430
1. Go with the factory extended warranty.

2. Does the car have bypass pipe? If not, otherwise the exhaust could drone inside the car. Only you can tell if it would be bothersome.

3. You car must be white if you can see the film yellowing. Pretty much all clear bras on white cars will yellow over time. Just replace it and have them extend the bra for a bit more coverage than what comes stock.

4. Drive the car for a bit and than get an alignment, and get it out on the track. You will love the car.

I really enjoyed my GT3 but my lease is up soon and will let her go.

Anyone want a 2010 GT3???

by the way, have you had work done by GMG before?

1) Car is non CPO - buying from no -porsche dealer so Porsche will not extend. Any other options? I have 3 hrs before the pick up.

2) I found out that the exaust flap is part of the side muffler (welded). Car already has a center bypass. Sounds good. Did not notice drone but still... non functioning flap exists. BBI has a side muffler bypass pipe.. anyone tried that?

3) Ill probably get a full front and side clear film on - I have a thread that I am asking about where/who in socal region.

4) Yes.. i will need to learn the car's behavior and become a better driver. This is A LOT of car for me to handle

Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
hamr down is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
Nothing much, just a set of these with centerlocks and you are set!

^
Price? Spec? U say these are available in CL?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
They are definitely available in centerlock! All of our forged wheels are. Depends on what do you wanna run, is it 18,19 or 20 inch in size? I'll send you the pricing over at PM here, if anybody else needs, just drop me the sizing you want!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
Hey David its Ed....

If you get rid of the side mufflers, it will be pretty much a track pipe, wicked sound but extremely loud. But definetly clear bra the car to protect it.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mixedmac
Hey David its Ed....

If you get rid of the side mufflers, it will be pretty much a track pipe, wicked sound but extremely loud. But definetly clear bra the car to protect it.
Sup Ed.
I spoke with Sharkwerks guys - they said now the exhaust valve can be replaced without replacing the whole side muffler for couple hundred. Also BBI has a solution where side muffler is swapped and use GT Cup muff as the center. It is wicked loud as I heard it today.

I already got a rock chip on the hood driving from Newport to WLA.

Car is great.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Supeermen GT3 is infamous around these parts
Those look nice, shoot me a PM with the pricing for centerlocks! Is that some special or normal finish?

Old 07-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor
Sure thing! Centerlocks and standard fastening applications cost the same with us. This is the Titanium Graphite paiont finish.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:49 PM
bottegav is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kormaster
1) Car is non CPO - buying from no -porsche dealer so Porsche will not extend. Any other options? I have 3 hrs before the pick up.

2) I found out that the exaust flap is part of the side muffler (welded). Car already has a center bypass. Sounds good. Did not notice drone but still... non functioning flap exists. BBI has a side muffler bypass pipe.. anyone tried that?

3) Ill probably get a full front and side clear film on - I have a thread that I am asking about where/who in socal region.

4) Yes.. i will need to learn the car's behavior and become a better driver. This is A LOT of car for me to handle
Just wanted to mention if you did not know already, there is a valve plug in the engine compartment. sometimes people like to disconnect it to allow the valve to stay open.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:51 PM
bottegav is infamous around these parts
btw, i have a white car with clear bra on front half of the car. overtime, the clear bra will turn yellow ish and this could be quite annoying when you see the color difference

anyway, enjoy and have fun with your new car!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 AM
RCC GT3 is infamous around these parts
Enjoy the GT3! The guys I know tracking their GT3's prefer having a clear bra. Have fun "handling" the car, they are a great driving experience!