Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

918 in Martini livery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
918 in Martini livery

!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Shots #2-4 remind me of an R8 with a 599 front end attached to it.

I was a pretty big fan of the 918 previously, but in this race trim, it loses some of that exotic charm (for me), and looks like an R8 with a slanted rear end (like a Cayman).

Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Shots #2-4 remind me of an R8 with a 599 front end attached to it.

I was a pretty big fan of the 918 previously, but in this race trim, it loses some of that exotic charm (for me), and looks like an R8 with a slanted rear end (like a Cayman).

as you know i love the R8 but this car is effin`gorgeous, imho one of the sexiest supercars ever made, so definitely way above the R8 on the sexometer.
let´s see how it performs.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
OMG!
I just had an accident in my shorts.
That is F'en gorgeous, livery and all.

\m/

Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Looks like Walter driving?

Old 07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
The rear reminds me of the movie the Rocketeer! Great movie, but the car is awesome.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
as you know i love the R8 but this car is effin`gorgeous, imho one of the sexiest supercars ever made, so definitely way above the R8 on the sexometer.
let´s see how it performs.
+1. I'm not sure if my comparison to the R8 was a + or -, because I, too, prefer the R8 to most other vehicles. I was just suggesting a resemblance according to my perspective.

Like you, I'd like to see the performance of this thing.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
To me it's far superior to an R8. That's a great looking car...... of course. And it appears to be street legal.

Last edited by denversteve; 07-18-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
To me it's far superior to an R8. That's a great looking car...... of course.
Oh, of course... Forgive me, I was in no way trying to compare the cars themselves. I expect this 918 to be in the 'F70 category' or McLaren MP4-12C, etc...

Just my observation of the looks of the 'panel' behind the door and overall shape.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:12 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Subtle but more muscle...... Lowered and much wider .... I give this car an 11 out of 10

R8 looks just too feminine to me

Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 PM
more pics, Walter out on the Ring in full force

Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Ice9 is infamous around these parts
It's a good looking car: the front end seems like it was borrowed directly from the Ferrari 360.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I just wanna know what his times around the 'ring were! Gorgeous car though!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 AM
porsche4ever has a spectacular aura aboutporsche4ever has a spectacular aura aboutporsche4ever has a spectacular aura about
Five days ago here in Spain

Old 07-25-2012, 12:44 AM
porsche4ever has a spectacular aura aboutporsche4ever has a spectacular aura aboutporsche4ever has a spectacular aura about

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 918 in Martini livery