Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Pros and Cons of buying a new Canadian Porsche and importing into the USA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Pros and Cons of buying a new Canadian Porsche and importing into the USA.

I might be able to buy an interesting P car that is an original Canadian deliver/spec. It is a 2011.

Is - other than speedometer in km a any real difference or worry?

I know cost I duties and shipping but ....

Thanks

Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have purchased 3 911's since 06 from the US and brought them to Canada, not many go the other way. Changing the speedo for Canada is easy, not sure what the US requirements are though. I would check with your local DOT and see what they require.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
ZED06 is infamous around these parts
Pros and Cons Canada car to US

The speedo and related statistics are easy to flip between Km and mi - just a few flips of the function lever and it's changed. I switch between the two systems at the border every time I cross.

If it's the car I pointed out to you in your other thread, it's drop dead gorgeous. Wish I had the $$$.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM
A bit more complicated than I thought - The US is a PIA on things and it isn't worth the hassle for me...

THANKS ZED!!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Zed,

Please link us to this car. I want to see how interesting it looks.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stef430
A bit more complicated than I thought - The US is a PIA on things and it isn't worth the hassle for me... THANKS ZED!!!!
Importing a foreign spec car isn't complicated. You just have to follow the rules. No, you can't do it in a few days. If you want the car it's worth the wait.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 PM
ZED06 is infamous around these parts
Tim

It's at MCL Motor Cars - customer car. Hope this works: http://vancouver.porschedealer.com/p...51191/info.php

Last edited by ZED06; 08-01-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: link didn't work
Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Pricing is good. But I won't understate the issues. Old saying is "sounds easy - does hard"

I just brought in a 73 Carrera RS from overseas. Waited a long long time. They even xrayed it!! So I don't fear for the right car. There are others and it ain't worth the hassle to me for THIS car. Want PCCBs which it doesn't have so.....

Old 08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
notso5 is infamous around these parts
I've seen the car and heard it running. You are a lucky one if you pick it up. I believe it's a local car too. No comment on the racing stripe tho.
A Porsche service rep told me every Porsche made now are identical in spec. One of the only changes is the speedo face and just as P-cars imported from the states it is just a flick of the lever to change the digital read out to mph.
Hmm...this will be the first modern Porsche I've heard of exported from Canada to the US!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous car indeed.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZED06
Tim

It's at MCL Motor Cars - customer car. Hope this works: http://vancouver.porschedealer.com/p...51191/info.php
Thanks. I've seen it in person and I know the owner who is selling it.