Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2007 GT3 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seapar
Thanks. Took the GT3 to the Ridge yesterday in Pacific NW with all day coach. More precise than the C4s and lighter. Rewards good driving skills ( keeping car balanced, throttle steering, carving turns; great brakes, using throttle to keep rear planted) and dislikes poor driver inputs... and lets you know about it. Great feedback. More track days planned locally with instruction.
What is your thought on the PCCBs compared to the brakes on the 4S?

Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

2nd track day completed. What a great day at Pacific Raceways up here in the PNW. Warm almost hot weather. Surrounded by good Porsche buddies who also had great days as well. Feeling a lot comfortable in the transition from C4S Pdk to GT3 driving, shifting, precision carving, turn rotating, throttle steering while maintaining smooth inputs and weight balance. This track is different and older than the Ridge and that is great having variety.The PCCBs have great bite and stopping power. RSS center bypass sounds great. Grill screens did their thing looking good protecting. FVD DRLs work great , no issues. Did not use on the track but will on the street for the at times inattentive public.
Next week used GMG roll bar, new GT2 seats and Schroth harnesses, BK subbars and fire extinguisher mount get installed. Now I will need to practice getting in and out of car along with necksgen device. (safety mods)
Will have next track day 9/29 at the Ridge again. Should be fun as always.

Last edited by seapar; 09-09-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Awesome car, and kudos on the coaching! I hope the weather holds up for the 9/29 event!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 PM
audipwr1 is infamous around these parts
About what range did you pay for it?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 PM
GordieHM is infamous around these parts
The car is to pretty to be on the track. It should be in my garage.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Just completed 4 track days at two different sites up here in the pacific northwest. Season is winding down. Last 2 time experienced my GT2 seats with schroth harnesses, necksgen device, used GMG roll bar and felt secure in my seat. FUN,FUN FUN (once I got everything on)

Car will get some coolant added (running water wetter on the track) until welding this winter....and maybe other mods as long as the engine is out depending on budget..

Car getting full front fender wrap (has partial now) to complement full hood placed last month; then a good wash/wax by Metropolitan Detail before essentially winterizing. Then the C4S will get more attention..

Last edited by seapar; 10-05-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
More pics please of your GT3, especially with the GT2 seats. I'm looking to pick up a 7.1 in Artic Silver myself in the next year or so.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Here are some more pictures of my GT3, now hibernating for the off season. The C4S is now getting the workout. Just came back from a great vacation in Germany; 10 days of german rail; 4 days of driving around Stuttgart, Heidelberg, Black Forest on the A-8, A-5 autobahns. Nav system in German is challenging. Went to Mercedes and Porsche museums in Stuttgart and Munich (BMW). Highlight was the Porsche factory tour in Stuttgart. Told us where the 918 were to be assembled and saw the flat 6 engines being put together. Brought the nat Geo special to life.

Attached Images    
Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Nice pix from Metropolitan. Seats look great!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Seapar.....you should get an adjustable 997.1 RS wing. I am having one built for my GT3 right now.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
P-Car is infamous around these parts
nice find I seen that car at cvluxurycars.com with only 10k miles super low miles!