Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2007 GT3 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
2007 GT3 purchase

UPDATE. 2nd track day completed see post#32. Love this car. Wow. Very different from the C4S who is now jealous and hoping for an early winter here in the PNW

Grinning ear to ear with purchase of lightly used mk1 GT3 the past week.
Clean DME, PPI at my local shop in Seattle. Once my wife said I could start looking for my "track car"; I tried to research GT3 issues by asking questions and looking at posts on this and other forums.
Wife says I can keep my pdk C4S which I have tracked for 2 seasons at PRI and the RIDGE locally. Have done the ridge 4 times now on R888 on 18 inch Forgestars I got locally from a rennlister.
Had great discussions with GT3 owners while at PSDS in April (xmas present)
Will have water wetter for now and then in winter perhaps do the coolant fittings welding, LSD, clutch upgrade, shifter cup cables, LWFW,5th gear pinion mod for more usability, etc. Then roll bar, grill inserts, DRLs

meanwhile rennline pedals, clearplex windscreen and clear side markers.
First track days for this silver beauty is 8/26 and 9/8 at the ridge and PRI with full time coaching (even though can solo). Wife says no need to drive her manual Boxster anymore.

Attached Images     

Last edited by seapar; 09-09-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-11-2012, 10:52 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Congrats, beautiful car!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks. RAudi.. Was reading about your roll bar question in another thread. Have you decided?

Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 AM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
I want to change it out. Need to find a nice home for it. I can sweeten the deal from my original price to move it. I can ship for free is it's not to Florida or NY or can throw on a free powdercoat to any takers.

I just tinted the car last week and am now ready to put a bar in, so it's either gonna go or I'm going to install it for the time being.

On another note, if you are looking to keep the heat out of your interior, try that LLumar Air 80. i just covered all the glass in the GT3 with it and it's great. It blocks out 40% of the heat and 99.9% of the the UV rays. The best part about it is that the car doesn't look tinted at all. It barely adds color to the glass. I even did the windshield. I'll post pics later this afternoon in a new thread.

Ed

Old 08-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I want to change it out. Need to find a nice home for it. I can sweeten the deal from my original price to move it. I can ship for free is it's not to Florida or NY or can throw on a free powdercoat to any takers.

I just tinted the car last week and am now ready to put a bar in, so it's either gonna go or I'm going to install it for the time being.

On another note, if you are looking to keep the heat out of your interior, try that LLumar Air 80. i just covered all the glass in the GT3 with it and it's great. It blocks out 40% of the heat and 99.9% of the the UV rays. The best part about it is that the car doesn't look tinted at all. It barely adds color to the glass. I even did the windshield. I'll post pics later this afternoon in a new thread.

Ed
Who/where did you get the tint from?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Can't thread jack this thread. I'll send you info via pm.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to check this beauty out in person.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:31 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Can't wait to check this beauty out in person.
And than go buy one

Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Congrats. I am a fan of the 2007 GT3! Let me know how you like the PCCBs - I really like mine, but wondering what your take will be moving from the C4S on the track to this beast on the track.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 AM
I will find out soon enough. Having Clearplex installed today and Rennline pedals for easier heel toe Friday. Track day 8/26 at the Ridge. Will be my 5th time this year at the Ridge but first with the gt3. Have hired all day coach who has been with me before on two different occasions at the ridge and also at PRI 7/22. Also signed up 9/8 PRI DE event and requested instructor even though soloed off. But that was in my C4S. This sat going to the Porsche world roadshow at the Ridge driving the new Boxster, 991s in autocross and lead and follow exercises there. Hot laps with the instructors from PSDS will be nice. Was in Alabama in April.
We have to take advantage of the nice weather up here in the Pacific NW while we can.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
MrChan is infamous around these parts
U will find this car understeer a lot when push hard enough. A GT2 rear sway bar will help the situation. Good alignment with mono ball bushings and control arms are a must for hardcore driving, especially when ur factory LSD is no longer working. Dislike PCCB for time attack type driving, it is more for the enduro race. PCCB with factory pad does not like ABS kicks in. Hard to predict after ABS. Changing to solid engine mount & stiffer rear sway bar was the 1st thing I did to my car. Works well to my 997S and my RS too. Spring rate for gen1 is too soft for the Ridge and has a lot of nose dive under hard braking. Don’t get me wrong about all the negative, it is still a very good factory car for track driving. But with all the mods, this car can get close to a 996 cup car pace, then I regard why I did not get an old 996 cup car. I really enjoy it the 1st yr until I track with some very fast NSX in NW region. A very long upgrade list : )

Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 PM
gtsDJ is infamous around these parts
Congrats again Peter. Looking forward to learing about GT3 mods from one another.

MrChan- Thanks for the info. I'm definitely experiencing understeer at the limit with my 997.1 GT3. What alignment settings are you running? Also, are you suggesting monoballs and control arms for just rear? F and R? Or just F?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Try to get the grill screens very soon. If you don't wan't to fabricate your own, get Rennline's. I wouldn't want to track without them.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Congrats. I am a fan of the 2007 GT3! Let me know how you like the PCCBs - I really like mine, but wondering what your take will be moving from the C4S on the track to this beast on the track.
Great car! My Targa4S looks just like your GT3. I am curious to see what your take on track driving difference is. Congrats I may be making a similar purchase soon.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks. Grill screens enroute from Rennline already. Ordered FVD DRL as well; bumper coming off anyway. Have grill screens already on my C4S also from Rennline. Tranferred my ceramic coated rennline folding tow hook and goPro mount from the C4S to the GT3 for videos. Easy. Bumper plug reset.

I want to feel how the car behaves with the stock suspension setup before changing too many components. At least that is my story as of this moment.

Last edited by seapar; 08-24-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: word change

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3 purchase