GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS to Scud..!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
motoharu is infamous around these parts
RS to Scud..!

Can't decide, need some help/sense..
Is it worth to trade my 07 RS + almost another RS cash for a 10 Scuderia?

RS has 1750mls, carrera white, rollcage, euro carbon factory buckets (never used) + 997 GT2 buckets, 6pts schroth harness, pccb, sport chrono, xenon, ac, no pcm.

Scud has 1250 mls, nero with gold stripe and matching wheels, no led/carbon sw, no rollcage, nor frnt/back carbon diffuser, no upgraded audio/ipod, no 4 pts. harness, basically a very low spec car + a small paint job which authorized dealer ppi says no worries.

or

25% less cash+RS for 09 Scud, clean car, but very high mileage (12k), no stripe but otherwise loaded, cage, led/carbon s.wheel, 4 pts harness, audio etc.

What do you think?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
If you don't go to the track and like video games, then yes.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I track, lets say 3 times a year and not into video games much but I'm a CG artist if that helps

I know what you are saying, i like manual tranny and RS as an overall experience but as i do not track that often i don't get the added pleasure of heel/toe or 8.5 rpm shift nearly enough..

The point is, will it worth the cost. If there were a challenge stradale available, i would get that without selling the the RS and decide which to keep, but that is not an option.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:07 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
10 Scud ? .....pretty darn sure they stopped making them in 09

Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BrandonH
10 Scud ? .....pretty darn sure they stopped making them in 09
+2 almost positive 09 was final year of scud, but anyway the Scud is a beautiful piece!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by motoharu
...The point is, will it worth the cost. If there were a challenge stradale available, i would get that without selling the the RS and decide which to keep, but that is not an option.
That, my friend, only you can answer. If you have to ask the question you're not convinced it's the thing to do.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks fr the reply's.
I will check if the scud is 09, which i'm sure you guys are right, maybe its registered for traffic on 2010, will see.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Lol 2 different worlds... Scuderia is a very good car.. Dont forget the new gt2-3 will be pdk too...

Scuderia with no stripe is not scud. It is a must option for me..

Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Would you be interested in selling the '07 white RS you described?
If so PM me details.
Thanks

\m/

Old 08-16-2012, 08:34 AM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
I own both - and others - these two stand out as true, visceral sports cars --- RAW and the gold standards. For example, I love my MP4-12C but it isn't as satisfying - from steering to braking to sound and mechanical harmony - My Carrera GT bests each but that is a horse of a different color - The F1 transmission in the Scuderia is violent and WOW - the 6 speed in the RS is incredible - If I could have just one? Lucky I don't have to answer that (AND WON'T).......

You wont go wrong either way.....

Just DRIVE THEM!!!

good luck

Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stef430
I own both - and others - these two stand out as true, visceral sports cars --- RAW and the gold standards. For example, I love my MP4-12C but it isn't as satisfying - from steering to braking to sound and mechanical harmony - My Carrera GT bests each but that is a horse of a different color - The F1 transmission in the Scuderia is violent and WOW - the 6 speed in the RS is incredible - If I could have just one? Lucky I don't have to answer that (AND WON'T).......

You wont go wrong either way.....

Just DRIVE THEM!!!

good luck
Ok...your gonna have to cough up some pics of all those beautiful machines you have

Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future

RS has 1750mls, carrera white, rollcage, euro carbon factory buckets (never used) + 997 GT2 buckets, 6pts schroth harness, pccb, sport chrono, xenon, ac, no pcm.

Scud has 1250 mls, nero with gold stripe and matching wheels, no led/carbon sw, no rollcage, nor frnt/back carbon diffuser, no upgraded audio/ipod, no 4 pts. harness, basically a very low spec car + a small paint job which authorized dealer ppi says no worries.

or

25% less cash+RS for 09 Scud, clean car, but very high mileage (12k), no stripe but otherwise loaded, cage, led/carbon s.wheel, 4 pts harness, audio etc.

What do you think?
09 is the last model year for the Scud to the best of my knowledge. If you are OK with the higher cost of purchase and higher costs of tracking the Scud, get the lower mileage Scud. If you have not owned a F430 or Scud, all the more reason to get it and experience the different drive.

I have a 458 Italia which I do not track but have my 996 based track car set up the way I want for my track days...

Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
A friend of mine did this exact trade....of course it will be worth it! I'm sure he will chime in if he see's this

Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold

or

What do you think?
If it's me, absolutely not. I know nothing about the Ferrari, but I still cannot justify an 07 RS + another $80,000-$100,000 cash for the Ferrari.

However, If you have the money to burn and must have the Ferrari, have at it, you only live once.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:56 PM
montreal red is infamous around these parts
imo the ferrari will no doubt have higher maintenance costs down the road. so thats something to consider as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.