GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I finally got a ride in a GT2....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Mike T
The threadstarter sucked some guys **** for letting him ride around in his GT2, and now they are dating.
That is frickin' funny

Old 06-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Banned
Mike T is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Flyin-ByInA-GT2
Haha, I will get more girls then you could even dream of... You prob suck ****, but I dont thanks... Why dont all of you stop being such jerks?? I was excited about getting a ride in my dream car... If you guys want to act like *******s, then go screw your selves!
Ahaha, we're just messin' around. Don't take too much offense.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Paragraphs are your friend...

Old 06-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Good story. It reminds me when I went for my first ride in a '78 Porsche 930 when I was 19. It was some rich guy in a giant house who was selling it in the newspaper. He took me for a ride and I couldn't believe how fast it was! As kids, we were messing with Cougars, Mustangs and Vettes at the time, but that 930 was much faster than we knew how to build. I took all my savings and took out a loan to buy the car ($25K). I was living at home at the time, and my parents never liked the car (said it was too dangerous). My father went for a ride once only and was scared. My mother never rode in it!

I gave every neighbor and friend a ride (no Web forums at the time to vent my excitement!). Some of the younger kids I'm sure will never forget, and some probably own turbos today. It was fun having my friend's girlfriends in the back seat and listening to them scream. Even guys would grab the door handle. Funny, the car was slow by today's standards!

I kept the car 11 years and finally sold it to a German guy in CA who said it was faster than his 959 (which it probably was after 11 years of mods!) Your story brings back the memories of this. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-20-2005, 07:44 PM
julianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a good time for sure. Everyday when I walk into work past the sl55s, s4s, bentley gts, i just pray for the day when a customer offers me a ride in their nice car.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Mike T
Ahaha, we're just messin' around. Don't take too much offense.

Good to know, I'll try not to.

Last edited by NAPO; 06-20-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:07 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Good to know, I'll try not to.

It really did sound like that though.... before I even read other people's comments, I was starting to question your heterosexuality. It sounded like you were more into the owner of the car than the car itself. Wait a week, and read the post, you will know what I mean. Something that you write will always sound different if you step away from it for a while and come back and read it.

Congrats on your ride, and it's great to hear that your dream came true. My question though is, if the GT2 is the pinnacle of your dreams, what are you driving now? To me the GT2 is just another Porsche with a twitchy tail. Even TTs owned by other 6speeders like Kevin have 700hp and AWD which should be enough to blow a GT2 into the weeds, both in a straight line and in the twisties.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:14 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 2thfixr
My question though is, if the GT2 is the pinnacle of your dreams, what are you driving now? To me the GT2 is just another Porsche with a twitchy tail. Even TTs owned by other 6speeders like Kevin have 700hp and AWD which should be enough to blow a GT2 into the weeds, both in a straight line and in the twisties.
Im only 17... I drive a VW GTi 1.8T, mildly modded. The Carrera GT is also one of my dream cars, but the GT2 came out long before the Carrera GT did, securing its spot as my ultimate dream car And about the modded TTs... I was referring to bone stock cars... Although, I am sure I would mod a GT2 if I ever had one, after getting used to the performance it comes with.

Last edited by NAPO; 06-21-2005 at 03:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
... My question though is, if the GT2 is the pinnacle of your dreams, what are you driving now? To me the GT2 is just another Porsche with a twitchy tail. Even TTs owned by other 6speeders like Kevin have 700hp and AWD which should be enough to blow a GT2 into the weeds, both in a straight line and in the twisties.

You sound like one of those who just don't get it.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:51 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I am close to getiting one of my "dream" cars and like our young friend it started with a ride in a friends' dads' Targa when I was 13/14.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Im only 17... I drive a VW GTi 1.8T, mildly modded.
Good for you! Don't mind these guy's comments. I would have written the exact same thing you did at that age. Luckily, now I can offer that experience to others. With your passion for cars, I know you will too.

BTW, new Ferraris are just as reliable and fast as new Porsches (there's always a trouble car among all brands). I think you'll find a ride in a Ferrari CS even more exciting than a GT2. At least my friends do.

Last edited by Bill S; 06-21-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !

To me the GT2 is just another Porsche with a twitchy tail. Even TTs owned by other 6speeders like Kevin have 700hp and AWD which should be enough to blow a GT2 into the weeds, both in a straight line and in the twisties.
You have obviously never driven a GT2.
Btw, a Gt2 with 700 hp would put a 700hp TT in the weeds, both in a straigt line and in the twisties. You have to compare apples to apples man.
Later,
Luis

Old 06-21-2005, 11:54 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by LUIS95993
You have obviously never driven a GT2.
Btw, a Gt2 with 700 hp would put a 700hp TT in the weeds, both in a straigt line and in the twisties. You have to compare apples to apples man.
Later,
Luis
Luis, I am fully aware that bone stock the GT2 is quicker than the TT but the post doesn't state that "The Ultimate Supercar" must be in bone stock form. I was just curious why the GT2 would be his preferred supercar over any others out there. I have never heard anyone say that their ultimate dream car was a GT2.

Yes, I have driven a GT2, and to me the GT2 is a slight step up from a TT. You have to think about usable horsepower. I don't claim to be the ultimate driver so maybe it's simply beyond my limits. But, the 2WD GT2 is quite a handful compared to an AWD TT.

Basically, my question was why a GT2 and not the CGT or Enzo and he answered that in a later post.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Luis, I am fully aware that bone stock the GT2 is quicker than the TT but the post doesn't state that "The Ultimate Supercar" must be in bone stock form. I was just curious why the GT2 would be his preferred supercar over any others out there. I have never heard anyone say that their ultimate dream car was a GT2.

Yes, I have driven a GT2, and to me the GT2 is a slight step up from a TT. You have to think about usable horsepower. I don't claim to be the ultimate driver so maybe it's simply beyond my limits. But, the 2WD GT2 is quite a handful compared to an AWD TT.

I don't agree that a 700 hp GT2 would blow away a 700 hp TT. Yes, the GT2 is lighter but the TT would have the benefit of AWD which would help tremendously at launch and through the twisties.

Basically, my question was why a GT2 and not the CGT or Enzo and he answered that in a later post.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !

What is your definition of "slight step up"? I consider the 02-04 996's to be a slight step up from the 99-01 models. The GT2 on the other hand is a whole different animal than the 996 TT (nothing against the 996 TT, it will more than likely be my next Porsche) with tons of usable horsepower if you know how to handle it. I guarantee that YOU could drive a stock GT2 faster around a race track thant YOU could drive a stock 996 TT around a race track. The fact that the GT2 is 2wd is not a negative aspect of the car. A lot of drivers that take their cars on the track (for racing or just DE events) or just street cars prefer to have their rear engine 911's to be 2wd form than AWD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally got a ride in a GT2....