Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I finally got a ride in a GT2....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 03:09 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up I finally got a ride in a GT2....

I was at Xport pumping iron, just like any other normal day and... I look out the window and see a Arctic Silver GT2 parked across the street It was beautiful!! I pointed the car out to a friend and asked if he knew who the owner was. He gave me a weird look and said, "dude thats Al's car, you just met him like 5sec ago." Dumbfounded, I walked over to the owner and started talking about the car... He told me he also owns a Ferrari 360, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a few other amazing cars. He also told me that he tracks the GT2 a lot and that it’s an amazing car. I asked him for a ride and he said it was no problem and that he would get me later to go... I tried to continue my workout, but had no luck... I was way too excited to even try to lift weights, the GT2 is all I could think about...

As we stepped outside I couldn't stop staring at the car. I asked what year it was and he told me it was a 2004, although it didn't have the 04 wheels or carbon fiber accessories... It still looked simply perfect It was a beautiful sunny day and the car looked amazing. Luckily I didn't get hit by a car crossing the street, because I wasn't paying any attention to anything but the GT2! He unlocked the door and I just stood there in awe... I was about to go for a ride in my all time favorite car. MY DREAM CAR!! I slowly opened the door, being careful not to scratch it on the curb, and stepped inside. This was a dream come true!! As soon as I got inside I noticed that the car had the full carbon fiber package, except the center console was painted arctic silver (GREAT color combo!), it had a tequipment roll bar, and the Porsche crests on the seats... He inserted the key into the ignition and started the engine It was time to go!!! We both put our seat belts on and we were off... He smoothly took off and it felt like a dream… I was waiting for this ride forever, and it was finally happening… So we are cruising down the avenue at about 30mph and I notice that everyone and their mothers are staring at the car with their mouths wide open… One guy even yelled DAMN!! We made a right turn and as we were going about 25mph, he slammed the accelerator to the floor… We were headed for warp speed! My head slammed on the seat and I lost my breath. WOW!! The car sounded amazing, pure sex!!! He smoothly switched to second and I could feel the tail slide out a bit… I was having soo much fun I started laughing smiling none stop… Vrrrrrrm… Into 3rd, I glanced at the speedo and noticed that we were already going 100mph!! I looked up and saw that we were getting really close to the car stopped at the light ahead, he hit the brake pedal and the car stopped on a dime. I thought my eyes were going to tear out their sockets… In a good way of course This all happened in under 10 sec!! This car accelerates like a motorcycle and stops just as good as one to! I was amazed… I screamed WOOOOOWHOOOO and insisted that we “do it again” haha… We started cruising and talking for a bit and he said what I have been waiting to hear forever… Especially from a Ferrari and Lambo owner… “Ferraris and Lambos are great cars and they look great, but they are made more to stun then to perform… If you want to race, if you really want to race, you buy a Porsche.” He elaborated and told me that he loves his other exotics, but they aren’t as fast as the GT2, or as reliable… He told me that his Ferrari and Lambo are constantly in the shop and always needing service… “I am afraid to take them to the track because I am afraid they will break down on me.”

He then dropped the accelerator like a brick and we were off again, he maneuvered through a few cars while we were flying and it felt great! I was flabbergasted, this is by far the fastest car I have ever been in!! I went for a ride in a TT before, but for some reason it didn’t feel anything like this… The GT2 feels 100x more lively and exciting! After about 10 more minutes of cruising and conversing… I could see the that we were approaching Xport My dream started fading as we parked in front and shook hands. This was my dream car and he gave me a ride in it!! I thanked him because he made a dream of mine a reality, and that’s priceless. I told him about the 6speed meet we are having on June 25th and he said he would want to go… I watched the GT2 drive off… It was like watching my dream fade away I will never forget this driving experience!

I am really sorry that I don't have any pics... I was pumping iron and didn't think I would need a camera

Last edited by NAPO; 06-22-2005 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:01 AM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts

Old 06-19-2005, 06:22 AM
sasha89 is infamous around these parts
great that you had a good time, but it seems you like this guy a bit TOO much :P

Old 06-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
lol - sounds like there's a Ben in every city

Old 06-19-2005, 07:13 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I couldn't tell from the post...were you lifting weights that day?

Old 06-19-2005, 07:31 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Cool, so I'll get to see that beast on the 25th! Nice write-up, really conveyed the visceral nature of the moment!

Old 06-19-2005, 10:08 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts

Old 06-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Damn, I just poured my coffee down the drain. That was enough to get my mourning started. Nice read, thanks for sharing.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:49 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by sasha89
great that you had a good time, but it seems you like this guy a bit TOO much :P
I was really excited!! He was a very friendly person and I give him lots of credit for that... I hope that when I'm older, if I own someone’s dream car and they want a ride, I will be as kind as he was! The GT2 is my all time favorite car

Last edited by NAPO; 06-19-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:52 PM
deputydog95.. Yea I was at the gym

Old 06-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Banned
Mike T is infamous around these parts
Wow, you remind me of the first time that I went on a date with a girl.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:36 AM
hah
Banned
hah is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by deputydog95
I couldn't tell from the post...were you lifting weights that day?
No!! He was pumping Iron. Iron is the guy at the reception.

Flyin-ByInA-GT2 - Just kidding..

Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
can someone post the cliff notes for this post please ?

Old 06-20-2005, 02:22 AM
Banned
Mike T is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DarioTexas
can someone post the cliff notes for this post please ?
The threadstarter sucked some guys **** for letting him ride around in his GT2, and now they are dating.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Angry

Originally posted by Mike T
The threadstarter sucked some guys **** for letting him ride around in his GT2, and now they are dating.
Haha, I will get more girls then you could even dream of... You prob suck ****, but I dont thanks... Why dont all of you stop being such jerks?? I was excited about getting a ride in my dream car... If you guys want to act like *******s, then go screw your selves!

Last edited by NAPO; 06-20-2005 at 05:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally got a ride in a GT2....