Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

918 Spyder on Nordschleife and the road!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Bike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the rough
918 Spyder on Nordschleife and the road!

16/17/18 September, I was at the GT Events EVO (AWESOME EVENT btw!) and saw no less than 5 918 Spyders! Journalists were able to get a passenger ride. I saw Chris Harris and Harry Metcalfe there aswell so expect a video or review soon from these guys.

I have filmed the 918 Spyder on the Nordschleife and it's driving pretty fast so you can hear engine sound! Also some scenes on the road in the German countryside

Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
aaaa has a spectacular aura aboutaaaa has a spectacular aura aboutaaaa has a spectacular aura about
It'll be interesting to see the performance numbers and Nurburgring time once the car is released.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Bike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aaaa
It'll be interesting to see the performance numbers and Nurburgring time once the car is released.
Yes, with almost 800BHP it will be really interesting to see how fast it will be.

997 GT2RS did it in 7:24
Carrera GT in 7:28

918 Spyder in less than 7:15?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 AM
home7271 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bike
Yes, with almost 800BHP it will be really interesting to see how fast it will be.

The official time is 7:14.

http://www.facebook.com/porsche

Last edited by home7271; 09-19-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: link added.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Wow, that's pretty outstanding!!!

However it's about time Porsche sacked up and started producing some VIDEOS!!!

Last edited by heavychevy; 09-19-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by home7271
the official time is 7:14.:d

http://www.facebook.com/porsche
Wow! thats fast!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
aaaa has a spectacular aura aboutaaaa has a spectacular aura aboutaaaa has a spectacular aura about

Official time for the GT2RS was 7:18 but Sportauto got 7:24.

You were really close with the 918. I am actually kind of surprised that it wasn't faster. I know four seconds is a lot of time and I don't really know what time I was expecting it to get but it seems like it's too close to the GT2 RS considering the price, engineering, and power differences between the two cars.

The Viper ACR went around the Nurburgring in 7:12, I was hoping/thinking the 918 would be faster than that.

I wonder how far along in production the 918 that set the lap time was and if the final product will be faster (hopefully it will be).

And don't get me wrong, 7:14 is really fast.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
home7271 is infamous around these parts

You were really close with the 918. I am actually kind of surprised that it wasn't faster. I know four seconds is a lot of time and I don't really know what time I was expecting it to get but it seems like it's too close to the GT2 RS considering the price, engineering, and power differences between the two cars.

The Viper ACR went around the Nurburgring in 7:12, I was hoping/thinking the 918 would be faster than that.

I wonder how far along in production the 918 that set the lap time was and if the final product will be faster (hopefully it will be).

The Viper is really just a track car. I would think the 918 is set up to be more useable as a road car.

At 7:14, only a few very extreme cars have gone faste. In my opinion, any direct comparisons of ring times at this level is somewhat meaningless. These are FAST CARS!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Milanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of light
I got huge amount of requests for 918 Spyder with Gulf livery, so I`ve decided to make quick render
This render will be updated when I get base photos in full resolution. Feel free to give critiques before I make final render.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
I got huge amount of requests for 918 Spyder with Gulf livery, so I`ve decided to make quick render
This render will be updated when I get base photos in full resolution. Feel free to give critiques before I make final render.
"milanno artworks" logo around the engine bay is somewhat "irritating." (I am not sure if this is a good choice of words) It's a great render otherwise!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Milanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Enilder
"milanno artworks" logo around the engine bay is somewhat "irritating." (I am not sure if this is a good choice of words) It's a great render otherwise!
I had situations where people just cut my credits or sometimes they put theirs credits so it looks like they made adjustments. I hope that you understand why I must put my credit on actual part on render.

Sorry for "irritation"

Old 09-20-2012, 01:43 AM
That's a great looking render Milanno. Looks stunning with the Gulf livery

Old 09-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
Wow..looks stellar with the Gulf livery! Great rendering!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
tgsmith4845 is a jewel in the roughtgsmith4845 is a jewel in the roughtgsmith4845 is a jewel in the roughtgsmith4845 is a jewel in the rough
absolutely beautiful car, and amazing livery rendering.

The 918 will be a spectacular leap in technology and performance for Porsche

Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Jan K is infamous around these parts

This car is not made for breaking the ring record!
Its just a labaratory and the future!
If Porsche just was up to breake a record then they culd have just maked the same car with more power and less weight!
This car is somthing much more than a race car.

Last edited by Jan K; 09-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 918 Spyder on Nordschleife and the road!