Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cargraphic Super-Sound Race Mufflers (export version) with custom straight pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:19 AM
thedoctor is infamous around these parts
Cargraphic Super-Sound Race Mufflers (export version) with custom straight pipes

Decided my 996 GT3 mkII needed a bit more volume so i opted for the Cargraphic race mufflers, and while i was at it, thought i might aswell take advantage of having no emissions or dB restrictions in the country where i live (South Africa) and had the cats removed by way of custom straight pipes.

Nothing could've prepared me for the sound that has come of it. The car has been transformed into a viscous beast! The system is not for everyone, and especially not if you are using the car as a daily driver as i can imagine it would just be too much. But i absolutely love it. It's difficult to describe just how loud it actually is. I will try post some vid/sound clips soon.

The straight pipes are of a cross-over design (X) and not with a common joining area (U). I've read a bit about the pro's and con's of the X vs U designs and im not sure which is best, but this seems to have done the trick just fine!

I did not do a before and after dyno so im not sure if there are any power gains (or losses) but the car feels quite a bit faster... but that may just be the sound thats fooling me

Attached Images