Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2014 Porsche GT3 Spy Photos + Video!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
very nice. thanks for the post.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 AM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
... reincarnated lol!

teflon jones, well if the US contingent get together as they did with the E60 M5 you may keep that 'useless' extra pedal and stick. BMW didn't make this option avaliable to the ROW! Each to their own.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
964collector is infamous around these parts
wow.... very good pics and stunning car!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Not a fan of the Panamera interior. Although they at least have the correct seats and steering wheel.
I really hope those are not 20" wheels! And I hope the centerlocks are redesigned and not the ones that keep failing with track use.
Other than that, it looks like a nice GT car. Wonder if they will make a sports car version?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
Not a fan of the Panamera interior. Although they at least have the correct seats and steering wheel.
I really hope those are not 20" wheels! And I hope the centerlocks are redesigned and not the ones that keep failing with track use.
Other than that, it looks like a nice GT car. Wonder if they will make a sports car version?
20"s are the new 18"s.

You know... there was probably a guy complaining years ago when 16"s came out.

Don't tire yourself out... lol! Get it? Tire?

It's okay..., I didn't hurt myself.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
PDK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hope they offer the 7 speed manual. If not they will lose some customers but then again pick up more customers as well. Why not have BOTH????

Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor
HouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really nice
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
I hope they offer the 7 speed manual. If not they will lose some customers but then again pick up more customers as well. Why not have BOTH????

Second that!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Sfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really nice
Because for a limited production car, the economics of producing 2 transmission variations doesn't make sense. That being said, you never know, they could offer the manual as an option later on.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sfarooq
Because for a limited production car, the economics of producing 2 transmission variations doesn't make sense. That being said, you never know, they could offer the manual as an option later on.
I can see that side of it but to go from manual o PDK with right away without a choice first would really hhurt some of the loyal followers of the car I believe. Its all about money and now numbers at the ring so this is why they are doing it I know. They will not have a hard time selling if they are PDK or manual and they know that.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Swiss_Aussie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ur20v
I for one am happy there will be a PDK option, having driven similar equiped cars I miss it especially as the GT3 suffers with a finiky 2 to 3 shift (yes you can learn to drive around it but in this price bracket why should you!!??).

Even my E60 M5 is a joy more of the time with its quirky SMG box.

Its the future and 3 pedals will go by the way side.

Cheers
Jay
As much as I hate to disagree with a fellow west aussie, in this case I'm going to make an exception.... I for one will be sticking with a manual

Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
No problem at all, it what makes the great fabric of life!

One of us just might not have a choice lol!

Are you Perth based Swiss_Aussie?

Cheers
Jay

Old 10-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Swiss_Aussie is infamous around these parts
Hey Jay

Right now with the snow outside I wish I was. I'm from Perth (and get back there once a year), but am living in Zurich right now. I take it you're based in Perth?

You're right one of us probably won't have a choice.... because either way I'll get a 991 at some point, just that if it's a PDK I"ll then be keeping me 997 as well...

Chris

Last edited by Swiss_Aussie; 10-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Yep, Perth based at least for now. Give me a shout when your next coming back home.

Jay

Old 10-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Sfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really nice
I can see that side of it but to go from manual o PDK with right away without a choice first would really hhurt some of the loyal followers of the car I believe. Its all about money and now numbers at the ring so this is why they are doing it I know. They will not have a hard time selling if they are PDK or manual and they know that.
I 100% agree with you that it doesn't make sense to go from all manual to all PDK, especially on the first iteration of the 991; especially, when you offer a 7-speed manual on the CS model.

Secondly, if ring times are the primary reason for swapping the level for paddles, 991 GT3 owners will be crying once they realize that the GTR and TT guys will be pulling similar if not faster lap-times than them.

I am a prospective GT3 buyer, I guess I'll have to get a 997.2 instead of the 991; because although lap-times are important to me, the experience of driving is why I'd buy the car. Perhaps I've become the minority, which is why PDK is edging out the manual guys in terms of Porsche's bottom line.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Are you against the paddle shifters because you want to be able to shift using a clutch pedal or you want to have a lever to change gears with?
Have you watched WRC in car videos where the cars are blindingly quick because they are using sequential gearboxes\transmissions? Seems like a good idea to me. They have straight cut gears which helps not using the clutch pedal anything other than take offs and when they select upshifts, via paddles or lever, the ECU retards timing to unload the trans right before the shift and it pops right into the next gear.
If you ride a bike you get a better idea how it works. You put pressure on the shifter lever while wide open throttle and then you just blip the throttle and it will pop in the next gear without having to use the clutch. This saves a ton of time.

If you want to be able to use your clutch to have the familiar feeling of driving a manual, I have the fix for you on that too. A sequential shifter

Last edited by ADAMNSONS; 11-05-2012 at 09:38 AM.