Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

The Porsche Owners Club Enduro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:26 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
The Porsche Owners Club Enduro

The 12th anual, Porsche Owners Club Enduro is on the Speed Channel right now... It just started. It's going to be a very exciting race... You guys might want to check it out.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i tivo'd it and just watched it - guess it's hard to film the race but it could've been filmed a little better. hard to get "into" it

Old 06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Lizard1
i tivo'd it and just watched it - guess it's hard to film the race but it could've been filmed a little better. hard to get "into" it
1/2 hour coverage for a 4 hr eduro race...very weak!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:36 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by rockitman
1/2 hour coverage for a 4 hr eduro race...very weak!!!
Yea I was really suprised that it was soo short. This sucks!

Old 06-28-2005, 01:53 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Yeah, and instead of showing Bernie's mug during his lonnnng interview, they should've showed his pit girls!

Also, I'd have liked to see more driving and less hearing what everyone does for a living. With a half-hour show, they should've....ah, heck, at least they showed a club race on TV. That's better than nothing, right?

Old 06-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Super D
Yeah, and instead of showing Bernie's mug during his lonnnng interview, they should've showed his pit girls!

Also, I'd have liked to see more driving and less hearing what everyone does for a living. With a half-hour show, they should've....ah, heck, at least they showed a club race on TV. That's better than nothing, right?
I agree with everything you said... There was way too much talking and not enough actual race coverage.

But yea, atleast we got to see something.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:17 AM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
Why did they allow two 360gt's in the race?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:06 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by TTM0TION
Why did they allow two 360gt's in the race?
Because they knew they couldn't win, unless they were Prodrive team cars?

Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM
4Kurves is infamous around these parts
You guys are harsh. My wife and I thought it was great.

Ok, only 30 minutes but come on - it's a CLUB race! Can you think of other club racing that gets or warrants TV time? What do you want 4 hours of live coverage on prime time TV?

Jeezz... you should be praising Speed for covering something that is done for passion of the sport not for money. I for one have emailed and thanked them for their coverage.

As for showing more of the racing - it was a 4 hour event, you're never going to get coverage that can tell you a comprehensive story in 22 minutes of screen time. I thought the human interest stories were good and maybe I'm biased because I know many of these people but I liked the "what do you do for a living" part. It was all of 30 seconds.

If I had a gripe I would say they spent too much time on the Ferrari (this is the PORSCHE Owners Club!) but I figure they were trying to play up the rivalry. Whatever.

Overall it was a great program - you guys need to lighten up.

-Kevin
POC car # 796 GT-3 White
Goin' To the Dogs Racing

Old 06-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 4Kurves
You guys are harsh. My wife and I thought it was great.

Ok, only 30 minutes but come on - it's a CLUB race! Can you think of other club racing that gets or warrants TV time? What do you want 4 hours of live coverage on prime time TV?

Jeezz... you should be praising Speed for covering something that is done for passion of the sport not for money. I for one have emailed and thanked them for their coverage.

As for showing more of the racing - it was a 4 hour event, you're never going to get coverage that can tell you a comprehensive story in 22 minutes of screen time. I thought the human interest stories were good and maybe I'm biased because I know many of these people but I liked the "what do you do for a living" part. It was all of 30 seconds.

If I had a gripe I would say they spent too much time on the Ferrari (this is the PORSCHE Owners Club!) but I figure they were trying to play up the rivalry. Whatever.

Overall it was a great program - you guys need to lighten up.

-Kevin
POC car # 796 GT-3 White
Goin' To the Dogs Racing
Point well made... They said it's the only club race with TV coverage... So we do have something to be happy about!

Old 06-30-2005, 01:14 AM
cosmos is infamous around these parts
I got my 15 mins of fame on that program.

Can't wait for next year.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by cosmos
I got my 15 mins of fame on that program.

Can't wait for next year.
You were on it??