Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Stroker Kit 3.6 to 4.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Just wanted to post an update…
I have gotten most of the information and have access to all the parts except the pistons and head studs.
It was pistons and cylinder liners for the Turbo motors which I was trying to get info on. I also realized its a good idea to look into head studs. Liners are all taken care of now; got them for both the NA and Turbo motors. Turbo ones are a few dollars more but not that much.

Thanks to most of the vendors going to SEMA, which was a few weeks ago and now they have gone to PRI show in East Coast, it has been difficult to get the piston side taken care of. We are really close. I will be able to button this up very shortly.

A bit of good news for the GT3 guys! 4.25 - 4.3 is possible!! That is a 4.3
For the same price!!! More if you opt for the titanium rods of course.

I will let you know more soon. As soon as they come back from PRI. I am gathering info on cylinder heads for both the Turbos and the GT3s as well.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Jamie_GT3 is infamous around these parts
This is good news couple questions:
1. Crank is a new billet piece?
2. Are rod journals smaller for clearance of the oil pump?
3. For a part time track engine/street car (GT3) can you discuss the benefits of forged vs Titanium rods? I get the basics and that lighter rotating mass (Titanium) will give higher revs, forged is more durable.
4. Are we doing anything to aid in oiling of the wrist pins etc. to deal with the higher piston speeds that go along with the stroke increase.
5. For the heads, why not 997 cup heads? Seem to be reasonably (!!!) priced based on other threads I've looked at...

Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
I have gotten most of the information and have access to all the parts except the pistons and head studs.
It was pistons and cylinder liners for the Turbo motors which I was trying to get info on. I also realized its a good idea to look into head studs. Liners are all taken care of now; got them for both the NA and Turbo motors. Turbo ones are a few dollars more but not that much.

Thanks to most of the vendors going to SEMA, which was a few weeks ago and now they have gone to PRI show in East Coast, it has been difficult to get the piston side taken care of. We are really close. I will be able to button this up very shortly.

I will let you know more soon. As soon as they come back from PRI. I am gathering info on cylinder heads for both the Turbos and the GT3s as well.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Davo67 is infamous around these parts

Sounds very interesting.

4.3 What kind of stroke will that be You don't want the GT3 to end up revving like a diesel.

Anyway keep up the good work

Dave.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:10 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
1- Crank will be a billet crank. Lighter, knife edged, etc.
2- Smaller rod journals to reduce weight, access to better bearings, and for clearance purposes.
3- Forged 4340 rods are stronger, so are the Titanium ones. Titanium rods will be so much lighter, all 6 titanium weigh almost as much as 4 forged steel rods. That means the motor can rev up so much faster and titanium rods can also offset reciprocating mass\weight caused by the higher stroke. Rotating mass will be reduced because the titanium rods will weigh so much less. Same goes for the pistons. Even though the bore size will be up to 4MMs bigger, by using the light weight forged pistons with smaller diameter wrist pins, we can even reduce the weight. I will have to find out about that. There is a good chance the rotating assembly might be lighter than stock . Faster revving, high RPMs.
4- I will find out about that. Things like direct pin oiling is available. Oiling channels can be machined into the big end cheeks of the rods which can make it easy for spent bearing lubrication, direct a spray of oil to the pin and underside of the pistons, etc.
5- Still trying to find out about Cylinder head options. I guess the GT3RS heads are already CNC ported, and they really come alive with bigger valves. I am not sure if the same goes for the GT3s?? Will have to find out.

As for the stroke… Lets just say it will be more than 6MMs more stroke… For now… Keep posted.
I will give out all the details soon. Once I do all the homework and am sure it will be a reliable setup. Like I said before, it is not rocket science to figure out what is possible and what is not; especially when you have the right people who know what they are doing and have done it before. Picking up, going .1, .2 liters bigger isn't a huge deal. 4.0 boxer 6s have been done for over a decade. Just not known to many of the public, which I found out after all the digging. Luckily, I know the right people to ask

This setup, especially with the titanium rods should rep up faster, and as high as the 4.0 GT3RSs. Sorry I said GT2 before; I had to come back and fix this.

Last edited by ADAMNSONS; 11-30-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 PM
1- Crank will be a billet crank. Lighter, knife edged, etc.
2- Smaller rod journals to reduce weight, access to better bearings, and for clearance purposes.
3- Forged rods are stronger, so are the Titanium ones. Titanium rods will be so much lighter, all 6 titanium weigh almost as much as 4 forged steel rods. That means the motor can rev up so much faster and titanium rods can also offset reciprocating mass weight caused by the higher stroke. Rotating mass will be reduced because the titanium rods will weigh so much less. Same goes for the pistons. Even though the bore size will be up to 4MMs bigger, by using the light weight forged pistons with smaller diameter wrist pins, we can even reduce the weight. I will have to find out about that. There is a good chance the rotating assembly might be lighter than stock . Faster revving, high RPMs.
4- I will find out about that. Things like direct pin oiling is available. Oiling channels can be machined into the big end cheeks of the rods which can provide easy for spent bearing lubrication, direct a spray of oil to the pin and underside of the pistons, etc.
5- Still trying to find out about Cylinder head options. I guess the GT3RS heads are already CNC ported, and they really come alive with bigger valves. I am not sure if the same goes for the GT3s?? Will have to find out.

As for the stroke… Lets just say it will be more than 6MMs… For now… Keep posted.
I will give out all the details soon. Once I do all the homework and am sure it will be a reliable setup. Like I said before, it is not rocket science to figure out what is possible and what is not; especially when you have the right people who know what they are doing and have done it before. Picking up, going .1, .2 liters bigger isn't a huge deal. 4.0 boxer 6s have been done for over a decade. Just not known to many of the public, which I found out after all the digging. Luckily, I know the right people to ask

This setup, especially with the titanium rods should rep up faster, and as high as the 4.0 GT2RSs.
Excellent work! All that do this should be setting aside a % to the Adam research fund...

Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Excellent work! All that do this should be setting aside a % to the Adam research fund...
Or the Adam stock up the bar fund.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I like my beer… Hefeweizen

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM
BTW, I am sure you guys knew what I meant when I said :

"This setup, especially with the titanium rods should rep up faster, and as high as the 4.0 GT2RSs."

I meant GT3RSs

Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Yep, we just ignored the typo ;0)

Jay

Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I like my beer… Hefeweizen
If this build kit is a success I'll make sure I get a couple of cases to you some how

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Does anybody have access to stock Turbo or a GT3 pistons? I just need to see one each. Or if someone can give me some specs like weight of the pistons, weight of the wrist pins.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by adamnsons
i have all but the pistons' specs. Talking with both cp and je trying ...
je fsr ftw !

Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Personally I would go with Mahle.

\m/

Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Any update? Been talking to PPM and a few others about their 80.4 and 82.4 cranks... What's the skinny on the kit?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I have been super busy with work, but I have almost managed to put everything together. Just waiting to get confirmation on the pricing. I have to bug them to speed it up. I was supposed to have the prices last week but I will make a few calls tomorrow to button things up.
Oh, I was supposed to find out about the head studs too. It has been tough because everybody was at PRI in East Coast. It should be easier this week now that they are back.
I will post the details shortly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stroker Kit 3.6 to 4.0