Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
GT3 won't start

The battery is good, dash lights come on and I hear a click from the rear but it doesn't turn over.
It finally did after about 15 attempts. I've had this problem in the past but after a few attempts it always started but now it's much worse.
I was thinking it might be the clutch switch but there is no message on the dash saying depress clutch and I do get that message when I don't depress the clutch so i figure that's not the problem.
I'm thinking it might be the ignition switch, not sure what else it could be other than maybe a bad starter.
Any of you guys have this problem?

Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
HKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to allHKFEVER is a name known to all
Porsche has a recall for the clutch sensor a while ago.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
If you're getting a click from the rear, it's probably your starter.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Just because the dash lights come on doesn't necessarily mean that the battery has enough juice to start the car.

I would start with getting a full charge to the battery as it's the cheapest. Put it on a trickle for a day or two and try to start it up again. If you find that the battery is not the culprit, then look to the starter next.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
It sounds like you need a new starter, especially with the clicking noise. As RAudi Driver suggested I would start by getting a full charge on the battery, I would also make sure the terminals are cleaned.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
The terminals are clean and I had the problem after it was on a smart charger for a few days so other than a possible bad cell in the battery it's either the starter or the ignition switch.
Not really sure how you tell which it is though.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Call my guys at Bergen Imports if you are near the city.

201 943 2915

Talk to Harry

Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
HarmonyJim is infamous around these parts
I would suggest yanking the battery, and putting it on a quality load tester. Replacing the battery is going to be the cheapest and easiest solution, and they are known trouble makers.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Bergen imports is a bit out of the way for me but thanks.
I'm going to do a load test on the battery and go from there, as you guys say it's the easiest and cheapest solution.
Thanks