Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cup Car Center Lock wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Cup Car Center Lock wheels

Is anyone running cup car center locks? How about on the street? Are there any problems or disadvantages other than the obvious, like wheel choice? The reason I ask is I may have an opportunity to get my hands on a new set from a friend for an absurdly low price. I would love to hear recommendations from those who know, and have experience.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 11-28-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Hmm. I guess not a lot of Cup Car center locks in use around here...

Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !

A customer of ours runs them, but primarily on the track. They are designed to take the abuse of a race, then get checked, re-tightened and straightened if necessary. The street is a much different type of abuse which may result in a higher maintenance wheel. If you are to run them, just make sure you get the wheels checked every so often depending on amount of use.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks, Will. I am debating now whether the limited wheel choices for Cup Car CL's is worth it. Of the limited choices I have looked at so far, like the BBS E88 (great wheel, just not my favorite look) , they are not really doing it for me. OEM CL's and 5-lug have so many great choices.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM
allans is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Will/AWE

A customer of ours runs them, but primarily on the track. They are designed to take the abuse of a race, then get checked, re-tightened and straightened if necessary. The street is a much different type of abuse which may result in a higher maintenance wheel. If you are to run them, just make sure you get the wheels checked every so often depending on amount of use.
That is not a Cup Car centerlock. It is a BBS wheel on the production car hub. Allan

Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by allans
That is not a Cup Car centerlock. It is a BBS wheel on the production car hub. Allan
True. That is the E88 style cup car wheel though.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 11-28-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 PM
allans is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Yep. I know. That is the E88 style cup car wheel though.
Yes, And IMHO it's the nicest wheel for that car you can buy. Good Luck, Allan

Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by allans
Yes, And IMHO it's the nicest wheel for that car you can buy. Good Luck, Allan
Any idea what they cost? I am told a good used set is around $6000.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Thanks, Will. I am debating now whether the limited wheel choices for Cup Car CL's is worth it. Of the limited choices I have looked at so far, like the BBS E88 (great wheel, just not my favorite look) , they are not really doing it for me. OEM CL's and 5-lug have so many great choices.
which cup hub and cup car you talking about. if it's 7 cup, they do not use E88 centers. 7 grand am cup does, but those are 5 lugs.

also, the wheel AWE posted is not called E88 center. E88 has more spokes.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Here is a picture of my old 7 Cup BBS CL's. They do look proper on the Cups. Never knew it was the E88 though?

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
ignore that it is five lug. but this is the "E88" spoke pattern.

7 cup with 7 bi-spokes are not E88

Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by banokmichaei
they are not really doing it for me.
Can't see your pics.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
The AWE pic of the gt3rs is not cup car race car center locks nor are those BBS E88 wheels.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 AM
997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of
E88 Looks like this and they come in CL's. I almost got a set, but went with Forgeline's instead.

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
I'm partial to those Forgelines too Girly. They are a well made wheel and light. 21 lbs for 11" x 18" and 23 lbs for 13" x 18"

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cup Car Center Lock wheels