GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Seats - Leather or Perlon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:04 AM
MWM
MWM is infamous around these parts
Question GT3 Seats - Leather or Perlon?

Maybe I've hit my head or something, but am I the only one who thinks the GT3 seats look better in the black Perlon fabric than they do in black leather?

Maybe I like the 'RECARO' lettering in white or the full-color Porsche shields better. Maybe I know how rough most passengers are on the bolsters when hopping in before a banzai blast around the track at a DE. Or maybe it just looks more like a race machine without any "candy ***" leather seats. Is anyone else with me on this?

I'm about to buy a set, and most places sell the seats for the same price (leather or fabric). Anyone have a pro-leather argument for me to noodle over? TIA

Old 07-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
No argument here, I think you must have hit your head really hard. j/k.

I love mine in leather with the carbon fiber backs, but it's personal taste at the end of the day.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:07 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
the fabric holds you in place better, and they look great. they will wear with time

Old 07-09-2005, 12:32 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
It depends on the car and useage.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:21 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Mine are black leather,but I like the aclantra(sp) look better, you can order inserts for them too.

Old 07-10-2005, 08:30 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
if you are nuts like me i have both sets. i had three sets before but old guy bought a set off me.

you track a lot say 30 day a year, i would go with perlon. if not, leather holds up better. also perlon will attrack lint and you will NEVER be able to vacuum it clean. so for street car, it doens't look as sharp. your call.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:46 AM
jimhuiz is infamous around these parts
I have the fabric GT3 seats for my White GT3. I like the look better and the "coolness" in hot weather. Very cup-car"ish" in my opinion. I'll be on the track this fall and am sure they'll hold up pretty well (similar to Recaro SPGs).

Either seat (your choice) is a definite must-do for any aggressive driving.

Cheers.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:15 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by MWM
Maybe I've hit my head or something, but am I the only one who thinks the GT3 seats look better in the black Perlon fabric than they do in black leather?

Maybe I like the 'RECARO' lettering in white or the full-color Porsche shields better. Maybe I know how rough most passengers are on the bolsters when hopping in before a banzai blast around the track at a DE. Or maybe it just looks more like a race machine without any "candy ***" leather seats. Is anyone else with me on this?

I'm about to buy a set, and most places sell the seats for the same price (leather or fabric). Anyone have a pro-leather argument for me to noodle over? TIA
I totally agree with you! I thought I was the only person who preferred the fabric GT3 seats over the leather versions. The fabric is flame-retardant and I think the seats looks much better in black fabric, with the full-color Porsche shields. They appeal to me because they seem to have a more sporty look to them.

Get the fabric seats!

Old 07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
i'll buy them from you when you're done! and mooty keep me in mind when your'e selling... altho' my last 2 3's already ahd seats

Old 07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mooty
also perlon will attrack lint and you will NEVER be able to vacuum it clean. so for street car, it doens't look as sharp.
Did you try making a homemade lint-grabber out of a TP roll with packing tape wrapped around it inside-out? That's the way I try to get the little buggers off. Works pretty well.

Btw, why is your butt so linty anyway; are you sleeping in your racing suit?

(j/k!)

Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
why is my butt linty....? LOL, you don't want to know ;-)

thanks for the tip on lint grabber, i will try it.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Eeew...

welcome

Old 07-13-2005, 08:18 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
GT 3 SEAT MATERIAL

Ahh...the smell of a "rich, corinthin leather interior"......Ricardo Mantalban on Chrysler commercial (in LeMans, the announcers call it Krysssllar).
hands down for look...it's leather
hands down for comfort it DEFINITELY perlon/cloth
So remember Darling....as all 6 speedfreaks say...."it's ALWAYS better to look good than feel good...yezzz?
QUESTION...what do you do when your traveling down the Mulsanne straight (used to be) sitting in your nice Recaro;what do you do when you have to pee.
ANSWER...Recaro gets christened!. Soo, race car seats should be made of cloth for that purpose alone!
besides....it sure helps your lap times come down when your not under "pressure"!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:51 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Remind me...ehem...to not be your co-driver!

Old 07-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts

Just go to Pet Club, they sell the "professional" version with about 50 pieces of tape, that you just peel off one at a time. That way you can de-lint the seats and anything else that needs it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Seats - Leather or Perlon?