Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New 991 GT3 !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:37 PM
the993 is infamous around these parts
New 991 GT3 !!

The famous number one German automobile magazine "Autobild" has published photos and info pertaining to the new GT3. From my limited understanding of the language, says:

HP for the base model is 450. PDK is an option

Turbo version 525 HP, while the S - 550 !!

Is this for real ? or what !

I doubt that such well known publication will publish false or founded info from the German manufacturer!

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/porsch...3-3726372.html

Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Yes! I'll take the RS please.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Swiss_Aussie is infamous around these parts
Nice find, unfortunately the article doesn't really reveal much. It does confirm that the car will be shown at the up coming Geneva Car show in March (I'll try to get some pictures while I"m there). You're right it does say that PDK will be an option....

Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 AM
sraz786 is infamous around these parts
I know that everyone has really been concerned with the transmissions options on the future 991 GT models. However, I am also really curious to see as to whether or not the electric steering in the Carrera will also be used in the GT models. One of my favorite things in the GT3 is the steering feel. I would hate to see that go numb if electric steering is standard on the newer models. Has anyone read/heard of any information on this?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Trollinger is infamous around these parts
I feel pretty sure electric steering will be on the GT cars. I read where they refined it using the factory drivers for use in the RSR.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:48 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Thanks! That's good news to know as PDK will be offered as an option and manual will become stander tranny in GT3.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 AM
rbt
rbt has a spectacular aura aboutrbt has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by the993
The famous number one German automobile magazine "Autobild" has published photos and info pertaining to the new GT3. From my limited understanding of the language, says:

HP for the base model is 450. PDK is an option

Turbo version 525 HP, while the S - 550 !!

Is this for real ? or what !

I doubt that such well known publication will publish false or founded info from the German manufacturer!

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/porsch...3-3726372.html

Where does it say that PDK is an option?
The only comment regarding PDK I can find is this: "Erstmals ist ein Doppelkupplungsgetriebe lieferbar". This means that "for the first time it's delivered with PDK".

Old 01-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by rbt
Where does it say that PDK is an option?
The only comment regarding PDK I can find is this: "Erstmals ist ein Doppelkupplungsgetriebe lieferbar". This means that "for the first time it's delivered with PDK".
As I understand Lieferbar means: "available in" PDK, but not the only option! Put another way: "can be" delivered in PDK. Meaning, MT is standard

Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 AM
rbt
rbt has a spectacular aura aboutrbt has a spectacular aura about
As I understand Lieferbar means: "available in" PDK, but not the only option! Put another way: "can be" delivered in PDK. Meaning, MT is standard
I'm not saying that there will not be a manual gearbox (although I highly doubt it), but I will say that your translation of that specific line is, shall we say, very optimistic . I think concluding that the line qouted from the article means roughly the same as "MT Standard" would have failed your german exam.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by rbt
I'm not saying that there will not be a manual gearbox (although I highly doubt it), but I will say that your translation of that specific line is, shall we say, very optimistic . I think concluding that the line qouted from the article means roughly the same as "MT Standard" would have failed your german exam.
So...Do I get a D or F in my German capabilities Herr Von RBT

Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 AM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
In the context "Erstmals" means "To begin with" , meaning only PDK on the first cars.

The other day I had a talk with a Porsche insider who confirmed to me that the GT3 will only be available with PDK, however it will be a refined PDK compared to one we know from the 991 Carrera S.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Sfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really nice
I say we handle this like Vegas; start a betting pool amongst members where one side wagers only PDK while the other wagers both (manual + PDK). I'm sure we can get some action going on this board, as there appears to be stanch supports for both sides.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sfarooq
I say we handle this like Vegas; start a betting pool amongst members where one side wagers only PDK while the other wagers both (manual + PDK). I'm sure we can get some action going on this board, as there appears to be stanch supports for both sides.
LOL.... so who's gona be the dealer, i.e bank ?

Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
we will know the answers to all of questions in march... is it march yet??

Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Sfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really nice
LOL.... so who's gona be the dealer, i.e bank ?

I'm sure we can have the moderators act as an escrow agent, lol.

It's difficult for any fan/future-owner not to prognosticate; and I'm of the thought that it makes little business sense to jump two iterations of transmission styles on a newly designed vehicle, especially when both options are offered on the standard version of the car.

The eventuality of the situation, where all performance cars will only come in some variant of a PDK-ish type transmission, is looking to be almost a foregone conclusion. The transition will happen, I just hope that the medicine is at least sugar-coated (PDK and Manual as an option).

On that note, I've made my stance on where i would stand should wagering be allowed.

Regards -

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3 !!