Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 and RS Must Have suspension mod.... Pics a plenty..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 PM
HarmonyJim is infamous around these parts
Anybody have an idea on the approximate number of hours to install 4 rear links, the rear toe steer kit (2 pieces), the front and rear lower control arms (4 total), and the 2 engine mounts on my .1RS? This way I have an idea of dealer cost versus doing it myself. I realize I have to haul it to the dealer for an alignment anyway ($200), just trying to get it figured before I go get a price as this type of job is somewhat foreign to them. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
How often are you required to lube the RSS stuff since there is no rubber and it metal on metal contact (assumption)?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM
I have been dealing with Hard Racing Performance regarding the same Tarmac 2 Kit as the OP is installing in his RS. I must have made a half-dozen separate changes, as well as numerous questions regarding the order, and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Even though they are back east, and I am in California, they were returning my emails after MIDNIGHT if you can believe it. I repeatedly and profusely apologized for my idiocy, but all they kept saying was "we just want you to be satisfied with your order". A really great bunch of guys there. Michael was absolutely amazing and patient. Thanks to all at Hard Racing Performance in Mooresville, NC.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
hardracing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
I have been dealing with Hard Racing Performance regarding the same Tarmac 2 Kit as the OP is installing in his RS. I must have made a half-dozen separate changes, as well as numerous questions regarding the order, and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Even though they are back east, and I am in California, they were returning my emails after MIDNIGHT if you can believe it. I repeatedly and profusely apologized for my idiocy, but all they kept saying was "we just want you to be satisfied with your order". A really great bunch of guys there. Michael was absolutely amazing and patient. Thanks to all at Hard Racing Performance in Mooresville, NC.

Thank you very much for the kind words Jim. It was our pleasure to get you taken care of and answer all your questions.
We have been selling RSS for nearly 3 years with great success. We also have it on our own personal track car 2007 GT3RS.
Amazing products.
Just as Leh said, what these RSS Parts do to transform your car is truely amazing.
It's not always easy to get a customer to understand the difference. But, once they try it for themselves, or go for a ride in our car, they are hooked.

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Anybody have an idea on the approximate number of hours to install 4 rear links, the rear toe steer kit (2 pieces), the front and rear lower control arms (4 total), and the 2 engine mounts on my .1RS? This way I have an idea of dealer cost versus doing it myself. I realize I have to haul it to the dealer for an alignment anyway ($200), just trying to get it figured before I go get a price as this type of job is somewhat foreign to them. Thanks in advance.
ABout 4-5 hours for all the stuff and you'll be set... Good call

Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, the price/hours required from my dealer was absurd - as expected - so I will be doing the RSS Tarmac 2 kit install myself, including the motor mounts. I have excellent mechanical skills as well as good tools, but have never actually replaced these specific components before. Will I need specialized tools such as "pickle forks" or some other method of separating the front & rear LCAs from the uprights, or does everything literally fall apart when the securing/retaining nuts are removed? Are the ceramic rotors extremely fragile? I do plan on loading the RS onto a trailer once completed to have it realigned, so as to avoid ruining my new MPSS tires. You have all been very helpful so far, and once again thank you for your continued advise and counsel.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSmike
Hi Johnny DB,

The RSS Spherical Bearings are Teflon lined hence they are self lubricating and do not require any additional lubrication. For those who live in harsh or extreme operating environments there are optional dust boots available for the majority of our Tarmac Series motorsport components.

-mike
Thanks!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Are there RSS dust boots available for the lower control arms? As I understand it, dustboots are only available for the rear links (dogbones) and the rear toe-steer links, and I would imagine for the front toe steer kits as well. About five bucks each.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by prodigue
Any creaking sounds after you replaced the stock parts with these?
nope!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Anyone know where to find the special tools required to accomplish the installation of the Tarmac2 kit parts on my .1RS? According to the folks at RSS, the most challenging task is separating the front lower control arm from the upright. I searched the internet thoroughly, but most tools appear to be for earlier and non-RS models. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:22 AM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
PCCB brakes don't like to be knocked, think of them as one of your dinner plates! You will chip them if you slip with a spanner etc...

Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 PM
ARe the ceramic rotors easy to remove? If so, that appears to be the prudent thing to do before work begins.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 AM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Yes- calipers off, then the retaining screws and remove and place in a safe place.

Don't let the capliers hang by the hoses, tie up to the springs.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks so much to all of you for your input and advise. Much appreciated.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Kingleh, did you use locking plates for the rear toe links? I didn't see them in your pictures if you did. I was told they were unnecessary as it is unusual for the bushing to shift positions unless abused.

Last edited by HarmonyJim; 01-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 and RS Must Have suspension mod.... Pics a plenty..