Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Alcon Brakes Releases CCX Ceramic Replacement Rotors for Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Arrow Alcon Brakes Releases CCX Ceramic Replacement Rotors for Porsche

Following the successful introduction of the Nissan GT-R CCX Super Kit, Alcon is now applying the CCX technology to disc kits specifically designed to replace Porsche PCCB rotors. Applications such as the Porsche 997 Turbo, GT3, GT2 can now benefit from the incredible racing design and engineering that Alcon brings to the game.

Carbon ceramic brakes are nothing new in the world of high performance road cars but Alcon CCX differs in that they work supremely well in all conditions. Furthermore, CCX brakes do not suffer from premature oxidation as other carbon ceramic brakes are prone to do so at elevated temperatures. Alcon’s unique design and composition ensures that wear rates for both pads and discs is actually lower than the OEM brakes. Extensively tested over thousands of miles to ensure the braking effect adds value to the Porsche experience! View all Alcon Brake Products Here.

With the CCX kit for the 911, Alcon set out to achieve something that had not been done before: to provide carbon ceramic brakes that are as suitable for everyday road use as they are on the race track. The CCX package is specifically designed to be fade resistant, provide excellent “bite” even when cold and improve the driver “feel”.

What’s included:

Larger diameter discs mounted on aluminum hats.
Front 390mm (up from stock 380mm)
Rear 360mm (up from stock 350mm)
Caliper spacers include to raise caliper for bigger disc.
Alcon CCX-1 pads front and rear.
The benefits:

The key difference between Alcon CCX and PCCB is that the CCX rotors can be re-surfaced multiple times for a fraction of the cost of new discs.
If PCCB rotors oxidize due to overheating, there is nothing that can be done to recover them.
Alcon CCX discs can be sent back to Alcon for re-surfacing, bringing them back to as-new condition.
Increased brake torque provided by larger diameter discs.
Alcon CCX kit can be fitted to 997s as a replacement for PCCB or standard iron rotors.
Pricing and availability:

MSRP $18,995 (Part Number: DKC1131X061 – Complete front & rear kit)
Available 3rd week of February 2013.

Attached Images  

Last edited by vividracing; 04-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Look very nice.
Two questions:
1. Can one still use the Porsche calipers?
2. Will 18" wheels have the clearance for the front 390 mm rotor?

Thank you

\m/

Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
I knew you would be here Keyser lol!

Its good to see more ceramic options, should help push prices down.

20k for disc's and pads isn't quite moving things enough yet but I like the fact they can be resurfaced, question is how??

Thanks
Jay

Last edited by ur20v; 01-25-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ur20v
I knew you would be here Keyser lol!

Its good to see more ceramic options, should help push prices down.

20k for disc's and pads isn't quite moving things enough yet but I like the fact thay can be resurfaced, question is how??

Thanks
Jay
Agreed Jay, 20Kplus is serious money for rotors & pads.
I was made aware of the resurfacing topic after doing some research on brakes.
I am sure your aware of Sicom brakes. Serious components and they will also resurface, even the PCCB's.

\m/

Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Wonder how much the GTR kit is...

Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ur20v
Wonder how much the GTR kit is...
$21, 375
However the GTR kit includes:
400mm front ventilated cross drilled CCX discs mounted to stainless steel bells385mm rear ventilated cross drilled CCX discs mounted to stainless steel bellsNew 6 piston monobloc billet front calipers fitted with Alcon CCX-1 pads exclusive to Alcon supplied by Pagid6 piston monobloc billet rear callipers fitted with Alcon CCX-1 pads exclusive to Alcon supplied by PagidComplete with all hardware to enable fitment under the OE 20 inch GTR rims
Wow talk about a Porsche tax! The GTR gets billet 6 pistons front and rear for LESS than just rotors for Porsche. Lol.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 AM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Wow, that is a porsche tax. Need to understand what the resurfacing cost is to see if they are at all economical. I have PCCBs on our GTS, they are great road or track (though I do not drive the GTS on track much). I do worry about wear but not about bit or feel (in any condition). This is from someone who drives a cup car with stop tech brakes and a GT3 with big red brakes. The feel is different but PCCBs are great brakes with good bite and great modulation.

Last edited by gstahl; 01-26-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
$21, 375
However the GTR kit includes:
400mm front ventilated cross drilled CCX discs mounted to stainless steel bells385mm rear ventilated cross drilled CCX discs mounted to stainless steel bellsNew 6 piston monobloc billet front calipers fitted with Alcon CCX-1 pads exclusive to Alcon supplied by Pagid6 piston monobloc billet rear callipers fitted with Alcon CCX-1 pads exclusive to Alcon supplied by PagidComplete with all hardware to enable fitment under the OE 20 inch GTR rims
Wow talk about a Porsche tax! The GTR gets billet 6 pistons front and rear for LESS than just rotors for Porsche. Lol.
This^^^

Same price... same tech... less parts????????????

I know we are sort of used to paying more for less from Pcar's to BMW's but not after market...

Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Dont worry guys Im still waiting on complete pricing details on them but I should be able to offer some stellar prices to the 6 Speed guys.

Im getting the full details on the resurfacing as well.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, a lot of times the manufacturer set's a suggested retail price of say 21K but the actual street price may be like 14K. They do this to allow their dealers the ability to put them "on sale" for such and such % off. But I do look forward to hearing more about the details of these rotors. If they have good warranty program and are being marketed as a more reliable trackable alternative to the crack prone PCCB's, then I can see them selling a lot of them. But if they crack on the track (PCCB's are reliable off the track where they dont see the same type of heat cycles whih create the cracking), then there's no sense in making the switch. I guess what we'll have to find out is if they warranty the rotors with track useage.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor
Ok guys here is another update:

IF INTERESTED I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO PM ME TO FURTHER DISCUSS PRICING FOR THIS TIME

The rotors will need to be sent back to Alcon in the UK to be resurfaced.
I will arrange to have something setup where you can ship them to me and I will take care of the international shipping.

These kits do use the factory rotors and include spacers to accommodate the new larger front rotors.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I agree, a lot of times the manufacturer set's a suggested retail price of say 21K but the actual street price may be like 14K. They do this to allow their dealers the ability to put them "on sale" for such and such % off.
The price and description I posted was the SALES price on Vivid Racing site. So this info you posted doesnt really apply. Fact is the Porsche kit is priced the same as the GTR kit but comes WITHOUT billet calipers. Thats like giving the GTR guys free calipers or charging Porsche guys double for rotors...
Im definitely the kind of guy who likes a nice brake upgrade but the Porsche tax on this kit just pisses me off. That being said I have always had good dealings w Vivid so Im not trying to slam them....

Last edited by triblk6spd; 01-30-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
The price and description I posted was the SALES price on Vivid Racing site. So this info you posted doesnt really apply. Fact is the Porsche kit is priced the same as the GTR kit but comes WITHOUT billet calipers. Thats like giving the GTR guys free calipers or charging Porsche guys double for rotors...
Im going to post this here again:

IF INTERESTED I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO PM ME TO FURTHER DISCUSS PRICING FOR THIS TIME

Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
It sounds like a great alternative to PCCB, but the price is wow!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for all the interest guys.
Like i said PM me for more info and to discuss pricing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alcon Brakes Releases CCX Ceramic Replacement Rotors for Porsche