Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

pdk gt3.... Booooo.... Booooo...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM
z06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond repute
Cups too will all be paddles shifters on the wheel, cost will be north of 200K

Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 AM
steveliu is infamous around these parts
9000rpm!!!! I should have wait for another year for her!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
So you contend that there is no performance from manual? I think there are quite a few cars still setting records over paddle shift cars that would contend otherwise.

People do DE for enjoyment and 1 or 2% of speed difference is not worth losing most of what makes it enjoyable. For the people that are all about performance, there is Time Trials and Racing, and at the amateur level, even the vast majority of those people would STILL rather have a manual, or at least a REAL mechanical sequential.

If performance is all you are looking for, you should be trying to go pro, the majority of us will be content with our hobby. And since you are so set on performance, let's see some what lap records you have set.........

Oddly enough, the people talking about performance this and that drive like molasses on the track. They will need more than PDK to fix their problems. Last thing we need is a bunch of numbskulls coming to the track with magazine racer mentality and not having to learn basic skills like shifting to slow their speeds down so they don't hurt themselves.

IMO if PDK is worth 2-3-4 seconds a lap, you need far more work than a transmission.
Interesting. I was going off of the OP's comments a few seconds per lap from the transmission. I'm sorry you thought I was referring to myself.

Take that chip off your shoulder, and reread my post in the proper context.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
oh get over it everybody! shifting is over rated.

i had mt in 997 gt3 and now dct in gtr and no difference in 'fun' factor. shifting, even heel toe, gets to be a reflex after a while and is done without thinking. shifting ends up being robotic. i have just as much 'fun' with paddles on track as i did with mt AND so much better in bumper to bumper dd. im glad i had know how to heel toe but i dont miss it much.

btw, guarantee gt3 will have mt available soon

Last edited by fcar348; 02-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Interesting. I was going off of the OP's comments a few seconds per lap from the transmission. I'm sorry you thought I was referring to myself.

Take that chip off your shoulder, and reread my post in the proper context.
Don't try to back pedal now, your post was crystal clear. the mt GT3 at maybe 1-2% slower than the PDK offers no performance.........

I'm only pointing out the flaw in your regularly flawed logic.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Don't try to back pedal now, your post was crystal clear. the mt GT3 at maybe 1-2% slower than the PDK offers no performance.........

I'm only pointing out the flaw in your regularly flawed logic.
Because I like you, I'll point out in the VERY FIRST POST, where a member (with a GT3RS in his avatar) was the one commenting about shifting adding 2 to 3 secs per lap. I simply addressed this concern.

So here it is, heavy:

Originally Posted by StockKiller
but again for the record...
fun factor is a mt.... i dont care about saving 2 to 3 seconds a lap..
But I know we aren't really disputing whether or not Porsche will provide a single clutch standard for the GT3, because YOU said Porsche listens to its customers, and for those who enjoy the EXPERIENCE, there is a manual clutch pedal.

I mean, there is no way in hell Porsche will get rid of the clutch pedal in their track oriented car, right?

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-21-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
What are you talking about? Just more jiberish when you get called out on something.

Porsche aren't immune to stupid decisions, hence the reason they are owned by VW.

You still continuously put your foot in your mouth that anyone who wants performance cannot get it from a manual GT3 vs a PDK one. No matter how much dirt you shovel over it, your comments are still a pile of garbage.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM
What are you talking about? Just more jiberish when you get called out on something.

Porsche aren't immune to stupid decisions, hence the reason they are owned by VW.

You still continuously put your foot in your mouth that anyone who wants performance cannot get it from a manual GT3 vs a PDK one. No matter how much dirt you shovel over it, your comments are still a pile of garbage.
I'm sorry you can't understand the first post in this thread. When someone can explain it you better, we can discuss my initial response.

I'm not here to explain someone else's point of view. You appear to have a problem with the OP (he is the one who said it). If you need me to show you - again - who made the comment about a few seconds per lap lost just because of the transmission, I'll do it for you (hint: it was the first one). I can't get any more direct than this:

You posted about my reply regarding seconds per lap regarding the transmission - I responded the OP made that assertion, and then pointed it out to you, and you call it 'jiberish'. If you didn't put those together, you have bigger issues, brother.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-21-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
You would think engineers would be able to design a maunal/auto PDK that has both manual shifting with a third pedal and the auto mode. A triple clutch PDK so to speak. Is there not a market for this, is it technically impossible? I would buy that for any price.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
The rumors are brewing that the engine was developed as a modification of the current modular design by Porsche Motorsports and will be used in the Cup cars? And the PDK system is significantly faster than the current PDKs seen in the 991s? Redline 9000 RPM?

Doesn't this pique anyone's interest?
To be brutally honest. Nope.....

Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fcar348
oh get over it everybody! shifting is over rated.

i had mt in 997 gt3 and now dct in gtr and no difference in 'fun' factor. shifting, even heel toe, gets to be a reflex after a while and is done without thinking. shifting ends up being robotic. i have just as much 'fun' with paddles on track as i did with mt AND so much better in bumper to bumper dd. im glad i had know how to heel toe but i dont miss it much.

btw, guarantee gt3 will have mt available soon
I think there is logic in what you say.

The key is getting to that level. And for some like me the challenge of making it robot like and second nature takes lots and lots of practice.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
I forgot that I even posted this... Drinking Budweisers and daytrading Appl in the morning has its side effects...
Yes... I will for go a few seconds in my RS so I can manual shift up n down and truly enjoy the car for its intended purposes.. I did the pdk for safety and learning the track...
You can't beat the GT family ...
Heavy has it right .... Auto mode is gonna be dangerous for everybody out there...
And for us at the track at de days and having fun, you can't beat rowing the gears..

Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM
dasams is infamous around these parts
You still continuously put your foot in your mouth that anyone who wants performance cannot get it from a manual GT3 vs a PDK one.
I've got no dog in this fight but can you show me where he said this? dave

Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by dasams
I've got no dog in this fight but can you show me where he said this? dave
Sure, on page 1.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 AM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by StockKiller
Heavy has it right .... Auto mode is gonna be dangerous for everybody out there...
And for us at the track at de days and having fun, you can't beat rowing the gears..
I don't agree, even 'good' drivers miss shift and become an instant rolling road block, we all know the GT3 can bulk at gear changes when loaded by brakes, cornering and or acceleration specially between 2nd and 3rd.

Poor drivers will get placed in the correct groups and this doesn't draw on the type of trans they are using correct?!

Do you all go out worrying about the M3, 458's, 360 F1's, 430's, MP4 12's, Zondas, Gallardo's, PDK turbo S's, GTR's to name but a few that can legitimately mix it in any group or level?

I'd be more worried of a coolant hose failing on a GT3 RS series 1 or 2 or shaved to the max tyres than some ones gearbox type

Jay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pdk gt3.... Booooo.... Booooo...