Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

pdk gt3.... Booooo.... Booooo...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 AM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Ha, I used to always bash the auto's, now that I have a PDK, I have to explain why I'm a hypocrite.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Ha, I used to always bash the auto's, now that I have a PDK, I have to explain why I'm a hypocrite.
Not really, I can't stand them either, but would consider buying one so my wife can drive it and I can take her out to dates and drive it to cars and coffee, which is clearly is what the car is being built around. The super fast shift advertisements are just the apple bait on the tree.

However I'm done with Porsche going forward if they do not put a real manual in the GT3. And I'm not talking about the PDK offspring 7 speed nonsense.

Back to the bowtie (and into the front of the pack) I go.

Originally Posted by ur20v
I don't agree, even 'good' drivers miss shift and become an instant rolling road block, we all know the GT3 can bulk at gear changes when loaded by brakes, cornering and or acceleration specially between 2nd and 3rd.

Poor drivers will get placed in the correct groups and this doesn't draw on the type of trans they are using correct?!

Do you all go out worrying about the M3, 458's, 360 F1's, 430's, MP4 12's, Zondas, Gallardo's, PDK turbo S's, GTR's to name but a few that can legitimately mix it in any group or level?

I'd be more worried of a coolant hose failing on a GT3 RS series 1 or 2 or shaved to the max tyres than some ones gearbox type

Jay
Even though that was not really my point, a missed shift is hardly a big problem in DE as the cars are discouraged from running bumper to bumper. Any driver that can't react to that and lift or move to go around in time should not be in advanced. There is no real danger there.

The danger is drivers going faster than their skillset and car control should allow. That's why all of the speed must come with loads of electronic controls so the car can save incompetent drivers from themselves. However, the car won't always be able to do so.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
...and the electronics can save a good driver from a mistake which can and do happen, all drivers push their skill sets, really don't get your point or why so vocal against electronics and 'auto's' in general. Its not the 50's and they are a fact of life.

Thanks
Jay

Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
HeavyChevy, I'll move on as this seems to be going around in circles.

Some people will LOVE pdk and some will HATE pdk, thats life, Porsche will do what they want.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ur20v
...and the electronics can save a good driver from a mistake which can and do happen, all drivers push their skill sets, really don't get your point or why so vocal against electronics and 'auto's' in general. Its not the 50's and they are a fact of life.

Thanks
Jay
You didn't get it because you clearly did not read what I said. I said it will not always be able to save you. Going off is not always your own fault.

I'm vocal against the nannies because I don't like them. Isn't that usually a good reason to be vocal against something?

This is an opinion board, and this is my opinion. If you don't like it, there are several ways to remedy that.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:11 PM
... I have ...

Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM
nizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bbywu
The rumors are brewing that the engine was developed as a modification of the current modular design by Porsche Motorsports and will be used in the Cup cars? Show Me.

And the PDK system is significantly faster than the current PDKs seen in the 991s? Redline 9000 RPM?

Doesn't this pique anyone's interest?
9k yes, PDK no (and I've driven plenty of PDK's).

Originally Posted by heavychevy
...dates and drive it to cars and coffee, which is clearly is what the car is being built around.
There ya go.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !