Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.1 GT3 vs GT3rs?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
sraz786 is infamous around these parts
I have driven both and the RS seems to be a bit more agile and rawer than the standard GT3. I would say go for the RS as these things are gorgeous and are going to hold their value better. I went a step further though and purchased a Gen 2 RS.

If you're interested, call my guy Wajhi Khwaja at Isringhausen. He sold me my .2 RS and I LOVE it. Outstanding bunch of guys, very straight up. They have this gen 1 RS for sale in my fav color combo. Not sure if its certified but looks nice. You'd have to come down to Springfield, IL though :|

http://www.isringhausen.com/Inventor...VehicleID/8670

Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM
montreal red is infamous around these parts
i have driven both a .1GT3 and a .1RS (my personal car). i think there is less of a difference between those two cars compared to the .2GT3 vs a .2RS....

i still decided on a .1RS because i felt that its a little more special than the non-RS cars and mine is green, which is a color thats not available on the non-RS cars. ideally i would get a .2RS but the price jump was just way more than what i could handle financially.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Do all the GT3s (.1 & .2) have the Mazger engine?

Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Do all the GT3s (.1 & .2) have the Mazger engine?
yes... 997.1 .2 GT3/RS have the same metzger engine design with slight tweaks of course... even the 4.0L has a metzger...

also dont forget bout the turbo and GT2/RS cars also have the same engine design.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by montreal red
yes... 997.1 .2 GT3/RS have the same metzger engine design with slight tweaks of course... even the 4.0L has a metzger...

also dont forget bout the turbo and GT2/RS cars also have the same engine design.
Thanks for the info. I thought the 997.2 GT3 had the DFI engine because the displacement went up to 3.8.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 AM
dezigns is infamous around these partsdezigns is infamous around these parts
I took the same route as Precision Auto. Bought a higher (relatively) mileage .1 GT3 from the original owner who tracked the car, and left some goodies on it for me (flywheel, tune). I got it fairly cheap by GT3 standards and put about $20K into making it what it is today.

I completely respect the RS', and would love to have one, although the price differential in a .1 non-RS to RS doesn't justify what i've already got. The car is just as quick as an RS, (depending upon driver), and basically has the same stuff, save for lexan rear window, wing and wider rear end.

If you want something truly special, go for the RS, as most are pretty pampered and have low miles. IMO, if you want to truly drive and enjoy the car, get the 'regular' GT3 as you can enjoy the crap out of them and not be worried about losing value.

FWIW, i'm almost at 50K miles on my .1 GT3 (original motor), and it feels stronger than the day I got it.

You can't go wrong...this is a great problem to have!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
I too have been wondering about GT3/RS. Also looking at Gallardo and 355/360. I want a pure 6spd that is beautiful, sounds great and makes me grin ear to ear every time I drive it.

Does the .1 RS have the wider body as well? Or just .2 RS?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dezigns
save for lexan rear window!
Not equipped in US production cars.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evoking
Yes the .1RS is a wide body.

\m/

Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by Evoking
I too have been wondering about GT3/RS. Also looking at Gallardo and 355/360. I want a pure 6spd that is beautiful, sounds great and makes me grin ear to ear every time I drive it.

very different price points and very different cars... i have a .1RS... i think maintenance on the porsche is probably cheaper than on a gallardo or ferrari. RS is also much more raw in nature compared to those other cars (my opinion of course). not to mention that finding a 6 spd lambo/ferrari is not too easy since most customers buy the e-gear/f1 transmission.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
drive the fiat or a gallardo at the track (hard) and go back home on a flat bed.
Show cars ... completely different approach than a Porsche.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
In my opinion the great buy is a 997.2 GT3 (2010-2011) about the same price as an RS, and you take advantage of the new suspension, engine, non sunroof (if compared with regular 997.1GT3) nicer interior. Overall a better car.
But if you want the exclusivity the RS is the car to have, also will hold it's value better over time.