Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Finally got my New-to-me GT3 home !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:17 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
sweet, glw her..
Thanks! Expecting nothing but good luck and getting it.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PCH
It's an addiction I hope I'll never shake! And here's my 3 soon to get replaced by a 997.2 GT3.
Nice! With the new 991 GT3 w/ PDK, I think the line up of buyers for your car should be starting now...

Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 PM
DLJ
Originally Posted by sharkster
Way to go and welcome to the club!
Thanks again Alex. It's a great club to in, for sure.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
kris is infamous around these parts
Congratulations. Love the pics at the border. But that was the first 3 they have seen in some time!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 PM
DLJ
Originally Posted by kris
Congratulations. Love the pics at the border. But that was the first 3 they have seen in some time!
Thanks! Indeed it was the first one they had ever seen at our crossing. Two of the fellas and I had some fun car conversation while I parted with the 6.1% duty and 5% GST. (yuck!) The car unloading was done on a side road on the Idaho side of the border. In my unloading pics you can see a grass airstrip in the background. You can also see the hop planting poles where Anheuser Busch had a huge acreage planted up until the last couple years. The valley I live in extends through the border from BC into Idaho.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
M Kube is infamous around these parts
these gt3 posts really make me want to trade my vantage in... such a great looking car, congrats!!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:57 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
It is great to see your new car and read just how much you are enjoying it. We have another 6 to 8 weeks before the roads will be clean enough to drive in Edmonton, so I am quite envious.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM
DLJ
Originally Posted by M Kube
these gt3 posts really make me want to trade my vantage in... such a great looking car, congrats!!
GT3 and Vantage are quite different cars. Only way to find out is to give a 3 a try.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 AM
DLJ
Originally Posted by AP328
It is great to see your new car and read just how much you are enjoying it. We have another 6 to 8 weeks before the roads will be clean enough to drive in Edmonton, so I am quite envious.
It would be hard to wait that much longer for me. You'll have to cram in more drives in a shorter time frame.

Because I'm working out of town for the most part for the next month, I was just going to wait until my storage insurance expires on April 15th to licence the car. However, I came home on Friday and started her up and ran it for a bit. Well, that didn't encourage me to delay driving it ! I made the decision to licence and insure next Thursday when I'm back home. There are a couple of local roads (particularly along Kootenay Lake- a wonderful mix of twisties highly rated by motorcyclists and driving enthusiasts) that are fairly clear of gravel that I can have some fun on. I will however wait a few weeks for the main highways to be rinsed by the spring rains and swept by road crews, before I venture out farther afield. Getting excited just writing about it...

We get one of the earliest springs in BC here as we're a low lying fruit growing area. Next best to the coast and Vancouver Island for mild climate.