Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Will my GT3RS go up in value now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Will my GT3RS go up in value now?

I tried to look up if any 997.2 gt3RS are for sale last night and I couldn't find any on the Internet. Could it be that everyone that had them for sale and found out the the new one won't be a manual took them off the market or anyone who every wanted one bought them up because the 997.2 gt3 RS will be the last RS to have a manual. If my guess is right will it drive up the price in the future?
I am definitely keeping mine for awhile maybe forever because its a manual.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
azcarguy is infamous around these parts
As a .1 owner looking for a 4.0 my .02 is that if you have a 4.0 it may (and is) hold its value compared to the others but the others will depreciate, just more slowly than standard GT3's and 997's.

The fact the newer cars are only PDK is a major negative for me but not as much for the "polish and stare" and "gotta have the latest and greatest" crowds.

I buy cars to be driven and enjoyed and admire them as I'm doing so, clean them afterward and maintain them to the nth degree. But then that's me

Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
Hoen is infamous around these parts
I think the last RS models like yours are going to hold very strong values indeed so long as the miles are kept in check. Not advocating such mileage abuse of course.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 AM
tone01 is infamous around these parts
gt3

you must not be looking too hard there are 3-4 rs on rennlist 3 on auto trader most common color is white and grey. still waiting for a nice pts color to show up.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 AM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
Pts examples going for crazy money. Az your .1 still for sale?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tone01
you must not be looking too hard there are 3-4 rs on rennlist 3 on auto trader most common color is white and grey. still waiting for a nice pts color to show up.
Maybe I am doing somthing wrong but I just went to rennlist and couldn't find any RS's

Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
they will go up in value in the years to come but not right now. however, they are holding valve very well now. keep it & enjoy it!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
You are. I know of multiple on RL. There is at least one in the market place here. Granted, there aren't very many. Of the ones I know for sale on RL none are on the public listing websites. Local guy has a paint to sample GT silver for sale currently. The fact that there aren't that many available indicates to me that now is the time to sell if you are thinking about it.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
You are. I know of multiple on RL. There is at least one in the market place here. Granted, there aren't very many. Of the ones I know for sale on RL none are on the public listing websites. Local guy has a paint to sample GT silver for sale currently. The fact that there aren't that many available indicates to me that now is the time to sell if you are thinking about it.
I love my rs it's everything I ever wanted in a sports car. I probably will never sell it. As you said there are few for sale so you should either sale it for a great price or hold on and cherish it which I will.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Smart move, hold onto it forever.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:57 PM
azcarguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spyerx
Pts examples going for crazy money. Az your .1 still for sale?

It is, yes. Trying to get into a 4.0

Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 AM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
Several examples of .2 RS for sale. There are a couple others in the GT3 forum. Going price for a .2 RS seems to be in the 125-140 range with PTS examples going up to 160. 4.0 are crazy money too, 240k right now.

My feeling is RS values will stay strong, at least until the next example is out, despite nostalgia with the stick, many of these are bought for the track and track guys want the fastest out.

.1 Were going for this type of money too, MSRP or higher first couple years after release. They've dropped and several have been sitting for quite some time. Where the .2 are moving quick.

If you're going to sell, sell now. If buying an investment buy a classic ferrari :-)

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...011-gt3rs.html
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...11-gt3-rs.html
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...grey-grey.html
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-rs-3-8-a.html

Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
The GT3s are like beach property in soCal. Hang on to it , use it and enjoy it.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by seapar
The GT3s are like beach property in soCal. Hang on to it , use it and enjoy it.
AGREED. Could be said for any p-car, drive it, enjoy it.

Difference with SoCal beach property is they aren't making any more of it... at least until "the big one" comes.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
quattrogeek is infamous around these parts
I want a .2 gt3 rs...now considering that the 991 is pdk only...i absolutely must have a manual...just not right without one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will my GT3RS go up in value now?