Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New GT3 RS only PDK

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:18 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Talk to me about faster when you post some lap times and videos. I'm done arguing with non tracking, beginner level bench racers. If you can't prove your point, there is nothing to talk about.
I'm just a poser and I drive my cars to cars and coffee and shows and back. I also drive at or slightly below the speed limit since I am not a very good driver to boot. I would love to see some of your track scorching pro level track videos! Please share them.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Look at the lap times thread in the 996TT forum. I have times and maybe some vids posted. Your turn.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Look at the lap times thread in the 996TT forum. I have times and maybe some vids posted. Your turn.
I already told you I am a C&C only poser... Besides, I am still looking for your exciting videos...

Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM
sl951 is infamous around these parts
If the GT3RS is about uncompromising performance with PDK and no manual option, well they made a bigger mistake – the engine needs to be in the middle!

They need to make this....

If they move toward a mid-engine Porsche GT3 would it REALLY make you stop buying ??? I actually think more sales would be the result...with no impact to the brand.

Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by sl951
If the GT3RS is about uncompromising performance with PDK and no manual option, well they made a bigger mistake – the engine needs to be in the middle!

They need to make this....

If they move toward a mid-engine Porsche GT3 would it REALLY make you stop buying ??? I actually think more sales would be the result...with no impact to the brand.

I had the pleasure of owning a Cayman R after the GT3s. It was a very well balanced car and a pure blast to drive aggressively (to C&C and back at or below speed limit)

Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by '08C4S
I already told you I am a C&C only poser... Besides, I am still looking for your exciting videos...
Here's me vs a ZR1

Last edited by bbywu; 04-04-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: embed video
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
You'd be able to drink another Lathe at C&C with PDK.

Anyway I don't see any 997 GT3 model doing 3.5sec 0-60's. Lap time of The N-Ring is below the 4.0.

Bottoms up.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Here's me vs a ZR1
Embedded the video for you.

Love it! I miss my LWFW.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
I track my GT3 and think it awesome but can it be improved and will PDK make a noticable differents...YES.

I've raced in my passed but this car and my track time aren't racing but having fun and pushing myself and the car to MY limits and passed occasionally. I don't win prize money or get paid by the team or sponsors.

Porsche has already stated that just with the PDK box, accelorating side by side with the older model 3 gear changes is enough for the PDK car to be CLEAR and in front of the non PDK car and I would hazard a guess they didn't run the non-PDK car with Miss Daisy behind the wheel changing gear in a slow and measures way.

08C4S, you have made your point as I but the flat earth sociaty can't see over the edge lol

Old 04-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Here's me vs a ZR1

PBOC Barber 11-10 - YouTube
Ok, so you would have done better with a GT3RS with PDK and the video would have been more exciting...

Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by ur20v
I track my GT3 and think it awesome but can it be improved and will PDK make a noticable differents...YES.

I've raced in my passed but this car and my track time aren't racing but having fun and pushing myself and the car to MY limits and passed occasionally. I don't win prize money or get paid by the team or sponsors.

Porsche has already stated that just with the PDK box, accelorating side by side with the older model 3 gear changes is enough for the PDK car to be CLEAR and in front of the non PDK car and I would hazard a guess they didn't run the non-PDK car with Miss Daisy behind the wheel changing gear in a slow and measures way.

08C4S, you have made your point as I but the flat earth sociaty can't see over the edge lol
It was mentioned half a car length for every shift.... Adding that up amounts to a serious difference. Keeping in mind that not every shift will be perfect with a manual to begin with and that the average enthusiast's mind is better able to focus on breaking, proper apexing and accelerating out of the turn without trying the clumsy heel and toe downshifts and I am convinced that the average enthusiast participating in track days/events who this car was really built for will benefit greatly! I know I will!

I've driven both the F430 Scud and the 458 on the track and I can't imagine a manual in either of those cars. The F430 with a manual on streets is a different story... There is a reason Ferrari does not offer a manual anymore. It would be a step backwards. Just ask any of the 599GTB owners that actually wanted a 6 speed manual and were not happy campers when they got their cars.

Last edited by '08C4S; 04-04-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 PM
I mentioned the older model, what I meant was the PDK 991 V the cancelled manual 991 test car so it was a apples to apples comparison regards chassis, power etc.

That sort of difference will make a huge difference each lap on any track.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM
We need to collectively THANK Porsche for working out the engineering solutions and bringing us what promises to be an epic PDK in a car built to thrill on the track, not scold them for it. Leave the slower 6 speed manuals for the street Carrera's and once again THANK Porsche that they offer it since Ferrari for one does not and it may be Lamborghini next...

Old 04-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by ur20v

Just like I thought. All talk. Par for the course.

You can quote all of the propaganda and magazines you want, but the fact remains that the fastest street cars are still manuals.

So if you were so concerned with speed, the GT3 wouldn't be an option to begin with.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Just like I thought. All talk. Par for the course.

You can quote all of the propaganda and magazines you want, but the fact remains that the fastest street cars are still manuals.

So if you were so concerned with speed, the GT3 wouldn't be an option to begin with.
My '13 GT-R was under 3 sec 0-60. I don't know of too many other cars that are that fast but those that are also dual clutch.... Specifically the Veyron and Turbo-S... Need AWD and dual clutch to achieve sub 3's...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New GT3 RS only PDK