Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone using their GT3 as their daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:15 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Everyday, but this next few months I parked it for sale at Champion because I don't have time to go to the track. As soon as I bookmark track event I will get it fully wrapped and pick it up.

Driving my dually daily for now..

Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I find it too rough for daily driving, and worse in stop and go traffic to work.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
HarmonyJim is infamous around these parts
Mike2016, I commute in my 2007 GT3RS literally everyday, and every single morning I buy my large Starbucks coffee for the 25 mile commute to school. I place a small stack of napkins in front of the shifter for the occasional splash, but that is rare. If a rough patch is coming, I place my finger over the small opening in the lid. I have been doing it this way for a year now with only a couple small splashes that easily cleaned up. Buy one of those fancy mechanical cups, and it eliminates the splashing entirely. The car is an amazing vehicle, and I am very comfortable and happy with it. Best car I have ever owned (and that includes an F40, a 275GTB4, Testarossa, Porsche Turbo, real 65 AC Cobra, among others). I Love it.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
GT2 not GT3 here, Kind of a hardcore person, and even I at times tire of the noise and lack of amenities, I can hold a soda in the upholder, but it makes me uneasy, I usually drive my GT2 for a few days in a row then another car, of course shes useless in the rain

Old 04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Mike2016, I commute in my 2007 GT3RS literally everyday, and every single morning I buy my large Starbucks coffee for the 25 mile commute to school. I place a small stack of napkins in front of the shifter for the occasional splash, but that is rare. If a rough patch is coming, I place my finger over the small opening in the lid. I have been doing it this way for a year now with only a couple small splashes that easily cleaned up. Buy one of those fancy mechanical cups, and it eliminates the splashing entirely. The car is an amazing vehicle, and I am very comfortable and happy with it. Best car I have ever owned (and that includes an F40, a 275GTB4, Testarossa, Porsche Turbo, real 65 AC Cobra, among others). I Love it.
HarmonyJim,

I respect your opinion, why do you view the RS perhaps better than the Porsche Turbo? Suspect you enjoy the harder core sports car.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 AM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Just got my 07 GT3RS a few weeks ago. The car is loud and the ride id stiff, but just love it. I tried to drive as much as I can when it's nice out. I came from a 06 C2S. The GT3 is such a beast. Plan to track it later in the summer.

The only gripe I have is the cdr24 radio. What a POS. It made me miss the Bose in carrera s. LOL. Did anyone upgrade their stereos?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 AM
997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of997GT3Girly has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by colonel
The only gripe I have is the cdr24 radio. What a POS. It made me miss the Bose in carrera s. LOL. Did anyone upgrade their stereos?
I have a Kenwood in mine, but miss having a Pioneer so going to replace the Kenwood in a few months.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
I'll echo what others say. Driving any stick-shift in traffic sucks. I drive my 997.2 GT3 as much as I can, and I've put about 6K on the car in a year. I think it's more comfortable than my 993 C4S, in part because of the better PCM and bluetooth, and sport seats. If you are OK driving a 6sp everyday in traffic, and don't mind putting mileage on the car, I think a GT3 is a great car. My solution to the traffic issue was to buy a Prius for commutes in travel, and when I don't need to travel downtown, I use the GT3 or C4S.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
2k since I owned it, bumping it up from 6000km to 8000km.
I take it out at night and weekends mostly. Garage queen she will never be!

During the week, my commute to work is 1hr going and 1hr back due to traffic (otherwise it is 20mins). I bought a Mini JCW for that purpose.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
Drive it as much as possible if condition permits. You paid a lot for a toy that you wanna garage queen it? Use it. Have fun. All toys depreciate and throwing money out the window. Just enjoy.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
Also to add, if you're worried about mileage, you can always just replace/rebuild the engine in the end.
drive it the way you want to!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 AM
HarmonyJim is infamous around these parts
mto, I like the RS because of the hard edged type of car that it is. I like having the visceral connection to whats going on, and after the F40, and the other cars, the RS is actually very luxurious. No complaints whatsoever.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
gt3niac is infamous around these parts
you can say that again

was wondering, anyone has any idea out there what is the cost of a brand new
GT3 engine to order? (I know for example an M3 is 20-25K or so if it is about to be ordered...)

Originally Posted by Comet
Also to add, if you're worried about mileage, you can always just replace/rebuild the engine in the end.
drive it the way you want to!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:30 AM
mike2016 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Maybe i have rough roads here, the whole 20 miles of one way commute I drive everyday is bumpy. even with the lid stopper, the coffee sips out the edge of the lid and eventually leaks out a bit. if I am driving the RS for the day, I consume about 1/3 cup at starbucks and get on the road. and i have to drive like a nanny during the whole trip.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

was in LA last month and used to live there. The roads are in much poorer shape than they used to be. If I drove my 3 (which I didn't) I'd be searching the lane all the time for smoother pavement. It's a shame. But no one wants to pay for the crumbling infrastructure. Roads a little better in Seattle (more coffee stands too)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using their GT3 as their daily driver?