Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone using their GT3 as their daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 05:49 PM
orthopod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evil panda
i do! only drawback is that wife refuses to drive it so if we go out i can't get hammered because my designated driver will go on strike

That was one of the reasons that I really like the car - 'cause my wife doesn't drive stick. So it's a double edged sword.

But yes, my 2007 is a daily drive - about 12k miles a year. It's not an easy car to drive around town to do errands in, and so I tend not to do those things with it.

Slowing down to merge onto the highway - well that's just plain fun.

You do get lots of other people wanting to race you constantly - somewhat annoying.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orthopod
You do get lots of other people wanting to race you constantly - somewhat annoying.
Ha...i have a couple of onramps on my commute that are the fun part of the drive. the only drawback is that so many people take that as a challenge and they start doing the stupidest, most dangerous stuff on a crowded highway to "beat" me. so i always make sure i slow down immediately before these clowns kill someone

Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 PM
dertub is infamous around these parts
Yeah, not to pick on BMW drivers, but it's usually some guy in a 3 series that wants to show me that his car is just as good or better!

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
I don't DD my .1 RS... had it about 3mo, I could though, easily. Yes, it's stiff, low, loud, and the wing is just huge. Mine is even sorta subtle, silver/black. By far, best car I've owned.

I just have to take clients out and well... no back seat... so the 5 series gets driven.

I love the CDR24 radio. So much I got the stereo delete shelf and will be putting the CDR24 in the garage. Who the hell wants to listen to music or radio when you have that engine behind your head? Gives me someplace to throw my phone and wallet.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about
I DD my .1 rs in hong kong. The roads are bad and traffic is worst. But it is still pleasurable hahaha

Old 07-09-2013, 01:46 AM
JB911 is infamous around these parts
Considering these guys drive in these conditions, even getting airborne...

JB