Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
I have also had two telephone interviews with an investigator spanning two weeks.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:50 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
0396.... that was my point. I'm a little lost on this and hoping I'm wrong in regards to the lack of info during the call today.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
Doesnt sound like anything is going to come from this. The extension bought them time to make things disappear

Old 09-20-2013, 10:08 AM
roxfatal is infamous around these parts
I have not heard anything from Porsche as the deadline to contact Porsche owners that filed NTSB complaints has come and gone. You can do a search by year, make and model to see how many others have filed complaints here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchVehicles

As of today for Porsche 911 Turbos:

2001 = 20 complaints/failures
2002 = 12 complaints/failures
2003 = 9 complaints/failures
2004 = 4 complaints/failures
2005 = 1 complaints/failures
2007 = 13 complaints/failures

If the guy you spoke with does not see the rest of the complaints then he is either ignorant or perhaps you need to explain this is not just about a 2005 but many different years of Porsche 911 Turbos.

Last edited by roxfatal; 09-20-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:55 PM
^ Thanks for the valid info.

I have spoken to Porsche as well since and they have zero to say. I have been told by NHTSB there was a deadline for responce. It would make sense to have one to not allow the automaker to drag their feet for months or even years. My understanding was 9-12-13 was the last "set" deadline for a reply. Is this information incorrect? Was anyone given a confirmed date that Porsche was to respond by?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:32 PM
roxfatal is infamous around these parts
A response to questions 8 through 16 were due by 9/12/13 but I have not seen the documentation posted on the NHTSB web site. There is a lag so they might have responded but it is not posted yet. Not much we can do except to keep checking and emailing the NHTSB.

As time goes on there will be more failures. Hopefully they will get reported.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Minoclan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EllenGirardGibbs
Hi,

I am with a law firm that is looking into reports of catastrophic coolant leakage in Porsche 911s, similar to what you have been discussing. If you have experienced this issue or are interested in the investigation, please feel free to email me at emo@girardgibbs.com, or give me a call at (866) 981-4800. You can also visit our website http://www.girardgibbs.com/porsche91...investigation/.

Thanks,
Ellen
For free????

Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Minoclan
For free????
Usually, yes- at least initially. Especially if it will become a class action.

I view the circling of lawyers as a good sign- PCNA will seek to avoid the added cost of litigation and legal fees, and this may increase the pressure on them to act.

IMO

Old 09-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Minoclan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ard
Usually, yes- at least initially. Especially if it will become a class action.

I view the circling of lawyers as a good sign- PCNA will seek to avoid the added cost of litigation and legal fees, and this may increase the pressure on them to act.

IMO
I don't know, but anytime I have received a check from a cash settlement of a class action suit it wasn't enough to buy dinner after the legal fees. In a case where you are looking for specific performance and not necessarily cash how are you going to pay the lawyers? If Porsche fixes your car do you really want to come out of pocket for $1,000 in legal fees? I don't

Old 09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Minoclan
I don't know, but anytime I have received a check from a cash settlement of a class action suit it wasn't enough to buy dinner after the legal fees. In a case where you are looking for specific performance and not necessarily cash how are you going to pay the lawyers? If Porsche fixes your car do you really want to come out of pocket for $1,000 in legal fees? I don't
Right.

But the people that DO make out are the class representatives- the first few people that sign up with an atty and become qualified to lead the class.

I'd be interested if I could be one of them.

Anyway, whatever your bias on attorneys, lets keep the focus on forcing PCNA to fix the issue. If all I spent was $1000 and it forced PCNA to fix this, I'd say that was a win. Keeping in mind that $1000 buys you a consult and a letter. More like $100k to get to pretrial discussions.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:56 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
updates any one?

Old 10-04-2013, 06:03 PM
^ My car is still leaking.....

Old 10-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I called Porsche late September......Mum is the word.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM
TYE
Still no updates, guess Porsche found its way out of this one.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:59 PM
TYE
Anyone heard anything, its like this whole issue went dark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs