Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Old 04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Why only through model year 2007??

Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Saw it on AP news also. I have a 07GT3RS. Can I file also as a concern?

Mine didn't fail yet and I haven't done the fix either.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Germans are great in engineering. How can they use glue on such a critical part of the engine? Doesn't make any sense.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM
nizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XPGT2
It seems the NHTSA has opened a file for the Coolant fitting failure on the GT3/GT2/Turbo glued in fittings. IF you have had a failure or done a preventative coolant fitting repair please file a complaint. The more we have on file the better the chance action could be taken.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Thank You

Peter
Finally! I remain dumbfounded that Porsche has let it come to this. Marketing, brand management, liability, customer service; just plain stupid from every angle. All they had to do was offer to inspect and repair.

This and the center-lock issue should be written up as a B-school case study on how to destroy customer loyalty.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 AM
MrChan is infamous around these parts
anyone starts a thread at Rennlist about this topic?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colonel
Saw it on AP news also. I have a 07GT3RS. Can I file also as a concern?

Mine didn't fail yet and I haven't done the fix either.
Just because you're concerned isn't going to help the DOT/NHTSA make a case against Porsche.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM
So what, I should wait until it fail and crash then I file a report?

Isn't this similar to the Firestone tires recall? NTSB recalled millions of Firestone tires because the potential risk of burst? How many failures need to happen before they started the recall?

I have seen many recalls where no serious injuries had occurred and the issue didn't seem all that bad. They still issued an recall.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone got a picture showing these fittings on the engine. I looked on the parts breakdown but it is not easily recognized.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Steve W on rennlist did a DIY with the pinning of the pipes in the car. Look at this thread - it will show you the fittings.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...n-the-car.html

Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Minoclan is infamous around these parts
Filed mine today

Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Minoclan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Just because you're concerned isn't going to help the DOT/NHTSA make a case against Porsche.
I spoke to a NHTSA rep and his supervisor. I did not have a failure but was advised by my mechanic that this issue had to be addressed even though I didn't have a leak yet. They told me to file a claim. I recommend calling them.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Steve W on rennlist did a DIY with the pinning of the pipes in the car. Look at this thread - it will show you the fittings.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...n-the-car.html
bbywu: That's what I was looking for, thank you

Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Minoclan
Filed mine today
How did you fill out the form? Did you call instead of submitting the form? What did you report as the "incident"?

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs