Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 PM
roxfatal is infamous around these parts
The Porsche response due date was on July 11th 2013. Has anyone heard anything?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roxfatal
The Porsche response due date was on July 11th 2013. Has anyone heard anything?
Just called Porsche N.A. said they have nothing on record for a response.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
So who's watching the ship on this valid issue? NHTSB or PCNA?...sorry can't be PCNA, as they never where forthright with the subpar parts anyway.

Last edited by 0396; 07-12-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:25 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by otoppero
Just called Porsche N.A. said they have nothing on record for a response.
No Shock here, because according the PCNA there is no issue

Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Understood Yoops, but according to NHTSA Porsche was required to respond to their inquiry by July 11th.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Understood Yoops, but according to NHTSA Porsche was required to respond to their inquiry by July 11th.
To validate the July date, whom ever provided that date should follow up with NHTSA.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
believe me i am thinking this is a positive thing...I want mine fixed correctly on PCA's dime

Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM
roxfatal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 0396
To validate the July date, whom ever provided that date should follow up with NHTSA.
I emailed the NHTSA about the due date and they responded. They are being very persistent and hopefully Porsche will hear our voices as well and make amends. The new due date from the extension is 7/26/2013.

My car is at the dealer getting new epoxy and a pin. It would be nice to have ALL of the fittings welded to ensure no future catastrophic failures. I will be filing my complaint this week as well after I get the total bill for repairs.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PE13-009 Extension Request.pdf (20.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Yoops / No disrespect intended, we are all in the same family here.

Roxfatal / Thanks you saved me a phone call. Good info.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roxfatal
I emailed the NHTSA about the due date and they responded. They are being very persistent and hopefully Porsche will hear our voices as well and make amends. The new due date from the extension is 7/26/2013.

My car is at the dealer getting new epoxy and a pin. It would be nice to have ALL of the fittings welded to ensure no future catastrophic failures. I will be filing my complaint this week as well after I get the total bill for repairs.
Was your repair preventative or a result of a failure?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
Porsche requested the longer extension to respond to the remaining questions to allow for completion of “extensive testing to quantify the problem,”

--Porsche wont even admit there is a problem, i highly doubt they are going to use the extension to test it. More so I see them using the time to find a way to not be responsible for all the issues that have been reported.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Does anyone have any idea how many reports were filed?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:13 AM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
Does anyone have any idea how many reports were filed?
The agent that took my report gave me a website where I could check the status of the investigation. I forgot to save/add to favorites. From what I remember I saw only 10 complaints on there. That seems like a very small number considering the visibility of this thread. I think with small/few complaint numbers, Porsche is likely to push as far as possible without addressing or responding to the problem.

-Vin

Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vinnycg
The agent that took my report gave me a website where I could check the status of the investigation. I forgot to save/add to favorites. From what I remember I saw only 10 complaints on there. That seems like a very small number considering the visibility of this thread. I think with small/few complaint numbers, Porsche is likely to push as far as possible without addressing or responding to the problem.

-Vin
Interesting, being that between here and rennlist, more than 10 people have chimed in about filing reports. And the porsche investigation isnt even listed:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...Investigations

Last edited by TYE; 07-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:21 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TYE
Interesting, being that between here and rennlist, more than 10 people have chimed in about filing reports. And the porsche investigation isnt even listed:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...Investigations
A lot of the reports filed have been "worries", not actual failures. Maybe NHTSA is only counting failures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs