Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs

It seems the NHTSA has opened a file for the Coolant fitting failure on the GT3/GT2/Turbo glued in fittings. IF you have had a failure or done a preventative coolant fitting repair please file a complaint. The more we have on file the better the chance action could be taken.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Thank You

Peter

Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Good info!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Peter, thank you for bringing this up - I just posted a board wide announcement.

bob

Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Peter, thank you for bringing this up - I just posted a board wide announcement.

bob
THANK YOU

Peter

Old 04-19-2013, 03:20 PM
rangerdick has a spectacular aura aboutrangerdick has a spectacular aura aboutrangerdick has a spectacular aura about
Thank you for doing this!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I added a complaint over the weekend and already got a reply from them wanting more information. Sounds like they are on this! Hopefully we will get a resolution.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
I filed mine 1.5 years ago and finally got emled last week as well.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 AM
kevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nicekevinf is just really nice
Filed complaint for prophylactic fix on my car. Thanks guys.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
The more people who file inquiries, the more evidence NHTSA has. Power in numbers.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM
I also just got an email requesting more info which I have replied to. The email also indicated that they are aware of the forum activity regarding this matter failure item.

Keep those cards and letters coming.

Peter

Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
This is something I would like to do as a preventative measure (certainly wouldn't call it "maintenance"!!) however it's tough to want to shell out the money to drop the motor and get it done after having just bought the car a few months ago.

Adjusting to Porsche tax is an experience of its own, without having to pay out of pocket to fix porsche's stupid epoxy coolant job. It's even more frustrating that they did this on cars costing $120k++ where the correct solution would have cost them peanuts. It's not like the car was an absolute bargain when new lol

I've read on here from reputable individuals that they felt that it was only a matter of time before each car suffers a failure, rather than "if" they fail. I'm on my phone or I'd look it up for you. If you want to push this through a little, it would not be a bad idea to search the forum and message those who have posted in previous threads regarding the topic. I feel that there will be a number of people that DID do the repair, but have since sold the car and no longer frequent the forum (or overlook the sticky).

Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM
99jules has a spectacular aura about99jules has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys. I guess this applies to US only? Anyone know if there's a similar initiative in Canada?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Filed today.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
What date/year to what date/year for this problem? Have a new 997 Turbo!! Thanks

Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Does this affect 997.1 Turbos?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Report Coolant fitting failures/repairs