Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 RS vs. C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:43 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
I love Porsches, but when I had a C5 6spd, I also had fun. Mine was a mod'd car that I bought second hand. It was built up for an open road racing enthusiast. I didn't expect it to be a sophisticated instrument with the finest leathers or exotic materials. I expected it to be a great-sounding, fast American sports car with some unique quirks and characteristics, as all sports cars have. It was everything as expected. It was also very different from my Porsche. It felt, drove and looked very different indeed. Are there things I would change? Sure, same as on any sports car, Porsche included. Is it a good sports car? I can't think of many that offer so much for the money. Corvettes have always competed with European sports cars for attention, on the track and off, and with some people they never developed the cachet of a "true" sports car--whatever that is. If you look back in history, America's answer to the sports car world was always shunned by snobs. But it always delivered very good performance, had significant racing success and had its admirers. Same as today. I will always enjoy Porsches, and over time, I will also continue to enjoy Corvettes--the new Z06 looks like another nice offering to toy with. Sometimes people spend a heck of a lot of time posturing, and not enough time driving. Sports cars are fun, period. I intend to drive 'em all.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
MWM
MWM is infamous around these parts
Smile

Sometimes people spend a heck of a lot of time posturing, and not enough time driving. Sports cars are fun, period. I intend to drive 'em all.
Right on!