Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 front axle lift good idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
A 23 gallon capacity is mighty nice. I'd order it.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
conekilr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911dev
yes. And no down side.
More fuel, more weight if you track. I am still debating weither to get this or not. Smaller tank may not be bad on road trips as it's about the usual range before I have to pee

Front Lift is a definite one for me.

LEDs would be nice but pricey. I would prefer to put the money towards PTS if that was an option.

Cheers,

Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by conekilr
More fuel, more weight if you track. I am still debating weither to get this or not. Smaller tank may not be bad on road trips as it's about the usual range before I have to pee

Front Lift is a definite one for me.

LEDs would be nice but pricey. I would prefer to put the money towards PTS if that was an option.

Cheers,
You don't have to fill the tank when tracking. So, really no down side.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM
frayed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gtr
I'm going thru the options and was wondering if the front axle lift is necessary. I wished my .1RS had it but my questions goes to current 991 owners. Having less overhang is the lift necessary? Since the car cost $10K more than expected I would prefer to go light on options.

For those ordering don't forget the free options.
1. floor mats
2. smoking package (you get extra plug to charge phone and etc)
3. free nav if you pay $700 for sound plus
4. 90l tank (for us lazy don't like to fill gas people)
5. cargo net
Getting all 5 options and the lift. Having had the 996 GT3 and the 997 GT3, both were more of a PITA to drive around the city than the regular 996s and 7s I owned. Sometimes I would shrug and say f'it, don't want to deal with a parking garage ramp downtown so I'll take my truck instead.

The 90L tank has no downside IMO. I make long runs to get to the coast and would appreciate the extra dino fuel. Or being able to drive to the track on a full tank and not have to screw around with refueling before track fun starts.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:25 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by frayed
Getting all 5 options and the lift. Having had the 996 GT3 and the 997 GT3, both were more of a PITA to drive around the city than the regular 996s and 7s I owned. Sometimes I would shrug and say f'it, don't want to deal with a parking garage ramp downtown so I'll take my truck instead.

The 90L tank has no downside IMO. I make long runs to get to the coast and would appreciate the extra dino fuel. Or being able to drive to the track on a full tank and not have to screw around with refueling before track fun starts.
Does the front axle lift add any significant weight to the car (for tracking purposes)?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Does the front axle lift add any significant weight to the car (for tracking purposes)?
13 lbs IIRC. Located low and up front. Think: about 2 gallons of fuel equivalent. Nothing to be worried about.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
All I believe is the front axle lifting system will make my life a lot easier. Few days ago, the porsche guy rang me up, he got an internal message from Porsche China. The lifting system is not a standard option for China market (It was, when Porsche China announced the GT3 price in March) The production will start from October. If I insist not to have the lifting system, I can have my GT3 in October. I really doubt the delivery date. course the first GT3 delivery for US / UK market is about Oct / Nov. I don't think we can have retail car so soon. Anyway, I still firmly believe the front axle lift system will help me heaps when getting in / out the carpark.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by loveivs
All I believe is the front axle lifting system will make my life a lot easier. Few days ago, the porsche guy rang me up, he got an internal message from Porsche China. The lifting system is not a standard option for China market (It was, when Porsche China announced the GT3 price in March) The production will start from October. If I insist not to have the lifting system, I can have my GT3 in October. I really doubt the delivery date. course the first GT3 delivery for US / UK market is about Oct / Nov. I don't think we can have retail car so soon. Anyway, I still firmly believe the front axle lift system will help me heaps when getting in / out the carpark.
Completely agreed. Was just in Shanghai. I wouldn't have the GT3 there w/o the lift.

It's not about living in a hilly region so much, as it is dealing with commonly found transitions. The worst are driveways/ramps at the street where you have a bit of rain gutter. Once past the transition, you are OK, but often I found myself doing gymnastics to get in and out of driveways, ramps, gas stations to keep my car from scraping.

Speedbumps are less of a problem.

Nails on a chalkboard even if you cant see the damage from casual inspection.