Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 front axle lift good idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
991 GT3 front axle lift good idea

I'm going thru the options and was wondering if the front axle lift is necessary. I wished my .1RS had it but my questions goes to current 991 owners. Having less overhang is the lift necessary? Since the car cost $10K more than expected I would prefer to go light on options.

For those ordering don't forget the free options.
1. floor mats
2. smoking package (you get extra plug to charge phone and etc)
3. free nav if you pay $700 for sound plus
4. 90l tank (for us lazy don't like to fill gas people)
5. cargo net

Old 05-26-2013, 10:15 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gtr
I'm going thru the options and was wondering if the front axle lift is necessary. I wished my .1RS had it but my questions goes to current 991 owners. Having less overhang is the lift necessary? Since the car cost $10K more than expected I would prefer to go light on options.

For those ordering don't forget the free options.
1. floor mats
2. smoking package (you get extra plug to charge phone and etc)
3. free nav if you pay $700 for sound plus
4. 90l tank (for us lazy don't like to fill gas people)
5. cargo net
Tough call on FAL. I suppose it depends on you're driving area. My understanding is with or without FAL you are going to get scraps and probably replace the rubber front lip at some point. However, if you have a steep driving way or places you frequent do then it is a good idea to have it. There is some talk of delayed delivery should you decide to get it. I have no idea if this is true or not.

I do not plan to get it. What does the cargo net do for you? Also, doesn't the smoking package leave a hole in the center console? Do you really need an additional plug?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:39 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nberry
Tough call on FAL. I suppose it depends on you're driving area. My understanding is with or without FAL you are going to get scraps and probably replace the rubber front lip at some point. However, if you have a steep driving way or places you frequent do then it is a good idea to have it. There is some talk of delayed delivery should you decide to get it. I have no idea if this is true or not.

I do not plan to get it. What does the cargo net do for you? Also, doesn't the smoking package leave a hole in the center console? Do you really need an additional plug?
Smoking package puts a finishing touch by adding a cover to the hole. The hole/compartment is too small to hold much of anything anyway. The extra socket and its location are nice. Cargo net mounts in the pass. compartment on the lt. side of the tunnel. I imagine a great place for your cell etc. I plan to order it.

Last edited by 911dev; 05-26-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. I need to check these two items out.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:36 AM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RandyM
It only take one steep approach to regret not getting it.

This is true. Thinking....

The cargo net can hold my cell charger and the hole is to charge my cell. I think the cover looks nicer rather than the open space. The other plug can be used for radar detectors.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 PM
BUGS is infamous around these parts
My order includes the cargo net, front lift, of course nav, smoking package too. I will be ordering the first week in June. Can not wait!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:30 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gtr
This is true. Thinking....

The cargo net can hold my cell charger and the hole is to charge my cell. I think the cover looks nicer rather than the open space. The other plug can be used for radar detectors.
my thoughts exactly.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:41 PM
i'll skip the FAL. never needed it on my .2 gt3. You'll scrape either way. The replacement lip is around $200 and easily replaceable, although I never needed to with over 7000 miles in three different states. I easily get over speed bumps as well. Of course if steep entry/exists are part of one's daily routine maybe.

My build: white, full leather, red stitch, red belts, cargo net, smoker pack, Nav, SPP, tinted dynamic lights, 90l fuel tank. May get sport chrono. Hated sport chrono on 997; aka dash wart. We know it pretty much does nothing but work as timer. On 991 it looks much more cohesive.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Thoughts on the LED option $3300?

Old 05-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by nberry
Thoughts on the LED option $3300?
I like them, but not at that price. Plus I really dig the dark housings which are not available wit the LEDs.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:35 PM
rich_daystrom is infamous around these parts
Do you lose anything with 90L fuel tank? What's the disadvantage? What about "mobile phone prep" (0 cost option) Does that have to specified for standard bluetooth?

Old 05-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by 911dev
I like them, but not at that price. Plus I really dig the dark housings which are not available wit the LEDs.
I suppose that will depend on the exterior color. I am ordering white and dark housing would make the front of the car look like a panda.

Going forward LED will be standard on future Porsche models and a car without LED's will look dated. I believe they are standard on the 991TTS.

That said, they are outrageously expensive. I expected nothing less from Porsche.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:09 PM
gtr
Originally Posted by rich_daystrom
Do you lose anything with 90L fuel tank? What's the disadvantage?
With the 90L if you track it, you get more range I believe.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by gtr
With the 90L if you track it, you get more range I believe.
yes. And no down side.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:22 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
tracking i never go on full tank. half tank at a time at most.
90L make sense if you're driving the car to/from the track or doing enduro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 front axle lift good idea