Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New 996 gt3 owner Intro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
New 996 gt3 owner Intro

Well, I still love my 996tt, but I was smitten by a really clean 6gt3 the other day and ended up buying it. PPI showed no paint work or prior accidents, and only 843 type 1 overrevs, despite indications that the first owner tracked the car (wheel well sand blasting!). The clutch is not slipping but tech thinks its about due to be replaced, but I see that as a plus as it will give me an excuse to upgrade to the 996 rs clutch/lwfw. I'll take care of a rear main seal "weep" at the same time. PCCB's were in good shape and amazingly, the diff is still working! Interior is seriously just about perfect...bolsters are wrinkle free and I honestly cannot see any defects or wear areas! front splitter is mia so I'm going to order the cup version.

The vitals: 38k miles, black/natural brown leather. Only options/goodies: console delete, lloyd's gt3 mats, pccb's, carbon fiber strut brace; full leather; aluminium gt3 sill; front clip clear bra, and that's about it.

Its been raining a lot in Phoenix latety so I haven't put many miles on her yet, but first impressions are that the car is just so much fun to drive. Much more "nimble" and "spirited" than my turbo, even if the turbo kills the gt3 in straight line "push." Turbos are great but you just can't beat the responsiveness of a nice n/a motor. I also love the taller gearing of the gt3 over the turbo (1st gear in the turbo is useless), and the sound is night and day better (I've had four different exhausts on my turbo, and you just can't get around the fact that the turbo chargers act as a muffler of all the cool mechanical engine sounds...making them sound like really loud vacuum cleaners!) For the time being, I think I'm going to keep both. If I sell one I'm certain it will be the turbo. I've had it for 5 plus years and the gt3 scratches an itch I've had since I sold my old boxster s years ago. I love how responsive the enigne and gearbox feel...I'm sure I'll love it even more when I install the lwfw.

Anyway, just wanted to post my intro. Below are some cappy cell phone pics. Future mods include the clutch/lwfw, possibly headers and mufflers, rs deck lid scoop, bmc filter, and probably powder coast the wheels black. In the coming weeks I plan to change the tranny fluid, oil, plugs, and do a complete brake fluid flush.

I look forward to participating on this forum! Scott

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (25).JPG
Views:	198
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	278930   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (27).JPG
Views:	173
Size:	603.2 KB
ID:	278931  
Attached Images   
Old 09-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Very nice Scott - congrats! Still love the 996 GT3, I enjoyed mine when I had it. Looks great in Black, enjoy!

Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Porschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new ride. Nice solid car. Always loved the 996 GT3!

Cheers,
Robert

Old 09-24-2013, 05:28 AM
NickS is infamous around these parts
Wow... that thing looks like new. Congrats!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Vader996GT3 is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! Car looks awesome! I’ve had mine for four years and it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. Nice color.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Congratulations, the car looks great

Old 10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. Here she is going in for surgery! I screwed up the tranny fluid diy by pulling out what I thought was the fill plug just above the clutch cable actuator arms on the passenger side of the tranny. Don't touch that bolt!!! It was actually the pin/screw that connects the cables to the internal gear selector arms, or whatever they are called. Oops. Oh well, she is going to get a new clutch/rms/lwfw at the same time! Got some fabspeed bits (mufflers and headers), and other fun things to install when she comes home!

Oh yeah...and I plasti-dipped the wheels just to see how they would look black...turned out awesome! Probably going to powdercoat gloss black once the piggy bank fills back up!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	286117  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Sebaflex is infamous around these parts
great looking car, congrats! so did you get the flywheel and exhaust done?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Done, but engine is out getting coolant pipes pinned! Should be done today. I haven't even heard it with the exhaust yet! Can't wait to see how the flywheel affects the already excellent driving dynamics. I'll post up a video once I get the car back (hopefully today).

Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's great news Look forward to seeing the video.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 AM
m3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud of
Congrats!