Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Autocross

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 PM
RevUrGT3 is infamous around these parts
NMEX and I did an auto-x not too long ago... it is A LOT of fun... DO IT.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Ken
I'm with Chris. And in a CGT that is really going to be multiplied even with the tracks PCA sets up at the Q.

One word: Miata

Old 08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Even if you're only in 1st and 2nd gear, breaking your car loose at a tight autocross is an easy, cheap, safe way to learn car control and balance. To break it loose at a track with larger radius turns requires higher speed, and if you snap the car around, it'll be much harder to recover. Try a few autocrosses first, get the hang of the car, then hit the track. Beware of drainage ditches at the Q like Ken said. Many times they'll be traversed at a diagonal so no damage occurs. I autocrossed for a year before hitting the track and it paid big dividends.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:43 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Maybe you guys got bored because you weren't going fast enough.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by racerjsz
Maybe you guys got bored because you weren't going fast enough.
Considering I was stock running ****ty hankook street tires and only 4 seconds off the fastest guy in a preped vette leads me to believe you cone ****'s are the slow ones. Seriously, the skill it takes to put a car at the limit and hold it at the threshold only takes about 3 runs. On the track, you can spend a week modifying your driving lines, shifting points, braking points, and abilities and still not be on the edge. Auto-x is simply the most undynamic motorsport. Sorry to keep knocking it but there is nothing entertaining or challenging about it.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:38 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Hmm...seems to me, the only way to settle this is to pit racerjsz against Life Dies in a spec race on track and on an autocross course. Same car, drivers switch off. Are you ready to ruuuuuuummmmmmbbbbble?!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned
Pssshhh... white boy please.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Wass-a-matta...yer not scared, are ya?

Old 08-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Banned

Old 08-18-2005, 11:56 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Hey, you can wear a skirt and cheer for racerjsz while he drives if you want...to each his own.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Banned
My Auto-X Attire. I know the tie is overkill but I wear it anyways. Usually, I show up in my pajamas just incase I fall asleep at the wheel.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:04 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
(I can finally reply now! :-))

Not only will I be autocrossing the CGT, but I'll also be doing the performance driving school. It should all be a blast!

Old 08-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Originally posted by fayence
(I can finally reply now! :-))

Not only will I be autocrossing the CGT, but I'll also be doing the performance driving school. It should all be a blast!

are you doing it at the Q?

Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Yes, the Q. Not sure if I can AX early september as i'll just be breaking the car in and don't want to overrev it. Perf driving school is in October, and I should have my 1000 miles on the car by then. ;-)

Old 08-28-2005, 09:45 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Somehow I missed this challenge.

I'm up for an AutoX one day and then track the next. Life Dies, 4 seconds on an AutoX is like 20 seconds at the track! All the guys who "graduated" to track 'cause we were spanking them at the autoX have gotten a big surprise when us AutoX boys hit the DE schedule.

AutoX on Sept 17th then we can run down to the Shenandoah circuit at Summit Point raceway for a time trial! Full Course at VIR is nice this time of year too!

Super D, great idea!!!!!

Last edited by racerjsz; 08-28-2005 at 09:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Autocross