Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Can the new GT3 be driven every day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:21 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Can the new GT3 be driven every day?

As the thread states I am wondering the answer to this question. Is the new GT3 DD suitable now? Evo and Chris Harris seems to think so and I like most of his reviews.

What do others think about this question?

Also is the front axle system worth it?

Another question I am wondering is will a GT3 depreciate not as rapidly as say a similarly priced carrera S? My guess is yes but I thought I'd ask.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Honestly every single one to this point (and I've owned them all) could be driven daily. They're a lot of fun too. This new one will be the easiest yet to drive daily.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:38 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Yes - and should be

Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Yea it seems maybe this is the porsche I have to step into to be my first. The only thing I don't like which is small and not a deal breaker is the interior only comes in black. I would prefer a brown alcantara or beige alcantara over black alcantara everywhere.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 PM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
too bad you can't get one. 18-24 month wait list. and it doesn't sound like you're on the list!

Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by mousecatcher
too bad you can't get one. 18-24 month wait list. and it doesn't sound like you're on the list!
Wait list? Who says their is a wait list? I have 2 porsche dealers within 10 minutes of me and the one I have a relationship with gets 1 allocation and says if I want one they can order it any time. The other has 2 allocations with 1 already spoken for.

Besides I wouldn't want a 1st year one anyways because I'm sure there will be problems that need fixing. Last I checked porsche wasn't ferrari.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Great for you. The "wait list" is real for most. I've heard of some dealers having more than a dozen on the list due to the low allocations. Heck, as you say your two dealers combined are only getting 3. I'm surprised there still available given all the folks wanting the car elsewhere.

The dealer near me only got one allocation after I helped push PNA. I grabbed as soon as it became available.

I say you should grab it.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
Judging from all the reviews I have read so far on the GT3. Yes IMHO Porsche has made this GT3 as user friendly as possible as a DD car. Those who feel that this car is not hardcore enuf for track. Porsche has an RS version coming next year. Given a choice between a Carrera S & the GT3. I would go for the GT3 & no two ways about it.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
M Coop has a spectacular aura aboutM Coop has a spectacular aura aboutM Coop has a spectacular aura about
i'm surprised they haven't put in back seats on this model!

Old 11-10-2013, 02:24 PM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Wait list? Who says their is a wait list? I have 2 porsche dealers within 10 minutes of me and the one I have a relationship with gets 1 allocation and says if I want one they can order it any time. The other has 2 allocations with 1 already spoken for.
I'm surprised to learn there's a dealer in the US with unsold allocation. Better order today.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Last I checked porsche wasn't ferrari.
I don't really understand this comment.

Yeah, for most models Porsche does not limit production, and you can just order. For the gt3 and cars like that, Porsche limits production, and there is a wait list, just like there are wait lists on Ferraris.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts

Besides I wouldn't want a 1st year one anyways because I'm sure there will be problems that need fixing. Last I checked porsche wasn't ferrari.
Since you obviously know so much-- why not just tell us when you buy the car, and daily drive it. You can then report back. Now we can close this gawd awful thread.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Ah, I think I misinterpreted the Ferrari comment, by removing it from the paragraph context.

You are saying that 1st year Ferrari's are problem free? Let's talk about 458 fires, shall we?

Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't really understand this comment.

Yeah, for most models Porsche does not limit production, and you can just order. For the gt3 and cars like that, Porsche limits production, and there is a wait list, just like there are wait lists on Ferraris.
By your answer it seems you understand it perfectly. If I walk into a ferrari dealer to buy a F12 they will say ok we can take your order and the car will come in 2-3 years.

I can walk 10 minutes to my porsche dealer and say I want the 1 GT3 allocation you have and they will say sure the car will come in 90 days.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Ah, I think I misinterpreted the Ferrari comment, by removing it from the paragraph context.

You are saying that 1st year Ferrari's are problem free? Let's talk about 458 fires, shall we?

You understood it correctly the first time. The ferrari comment was in reference to waiting lists. But yes all super cars have their quirks the first year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can the new GT3 be driven every day?