Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Falcon7x
When the Lambo crashed, people had said it was doing 100MPH, this has been determined to be, FALSE. "high rate of speed". YOu mean like if I ride my bike by at 35MPH in first gear real loud and somebody tells police I was speeding? Like that you mean? Also, WHO is saying this exactly? I love how the stories always come from nowhere. They dont identify who said what.
Did you see the video and the mass moving in relation to the sample rate? Do you think that debris and mass was decelerating from 45mph when it knocked over a concrete pole, striking a larger tree to an unnatural lean angle and then coming to a rest against a smaller tree?

Originally Posted by kpt6
Oh, I didn't realize you were present at both accidents.

4n's argument for speeding was that there was debris everywhere and it knocked over a tree and hit another. I shared what I did because in a court of law a defense lawyer could share what I did and knock that specific argument out.

I won't conjecture that the driver was or wasn't speeding. It's really none of my business anyway.
I hope you or I ever have such a simplistic lawyer per your example that would look at two entirely different vehicles and crash scenes and argue the speeds were similar.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:19 PM
4npower has a spectacular aura about4npower has a spectacular aura about
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

A new video showing a different angle. I think it's pretty clear they were going a lot faster then the 40-45mph as suggested earlier. The speed at which you can see the light pole and the trees get mowed over before the car stops, looks to me, to be at a minimum, double that speed. Also, the video shows that there was a bit of time(they say 60 seconds) before the car becomes fully engulfed in flames. I think it shows that they were either trapped in the car and couldn't get out(which I highly doubt because the car split into 2 pieces) or that they were killed on impact, or at least, knocked unconscious.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Great find ^^^^ They make some great points as well. Who knows if Paul was driving... just because they left the event with Roger driving, doesnt mean Paul couldn't have switched seats with him. Anyway the coroner report is due out ANY minute now so we can finally find out exactly what killed them. Its interesting since they still had there seatbelts on, makes you think they were dead before the fire. Lets hope so because burning alive is no way to go. Nobody deserves that.

Last edited by Rolled_Out; 12-03-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Question

Originally Posted by 4npower
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

A new video showing a different angle. I think it's pretty clear they were going a lot faster then the 40-45mph as suggested earlier. The speed at which you can see the light pole and the trees get mowed over before the car stops, looks to me, to be at a minimum, double that speed. Also, the video shows that there was a bit of time(they say 60 seconds) before the car becomes fully engulfed in flames. I think it shows that they were either trapped in the car and couldn't get out(which I highly doubt because the car split into 2 pieces) or that they were killed on impact, or at least, knocked unconscious.
Black smoke indicates carbon fibre ignited. Could have been an intense fuel fire before ignition of the carbon fibre. Speculation and video establishes nada. CNN dude was a moron to make such comments and speculation. Some people just lack class as well as common sense. Unfortunately, such people lack the sense to realize they posses either trait.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

I hope you or I ever have such a simplistic lawyer per your example that would look at two entirely different vehicles and crash scenes and argue the speeds were similar.
Wow man, you're clueless. Exactly where and when did I argue that the speeds were similar?

I shared my story because 4n suggested that the driver in the GT was going over 45 mph based off video evidence from 4n's post in #112, along with his reasons for why- knocking a tree over, debris scattered all over, etc.

Anyway, it looks like you get a kick out of arguing with people, so carry on and enjoy yourself, pal.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Old 12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
^^^ Thanks for the link....again. It was re-posted a mere 2 posts above yours and originally 4 posts above yours. You might want to at least glance at the thread before you post.
Just trying to help you out

Old 12-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^^^ Thanks for the link....again. It was re-posted a mere 2 posts above yours and originally 4 posts above yours. You might want to at least glance at the thread before you post.
Just trying to help you out
no sweat and your welcome, your point is.........

Old 12-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
If someone could measure the distance between those two trees that were hit and using the film accurately time the car's contact between the first and second, you could get a close estimate of the speed at which they were travelling between the contact of both trees. This would have to have been less than the speed at which they were travelling since contact with the trees would have reduced it.

Looks pretty scary fast though. Fast enough to not suffer any pain.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Samir
I wonder if there's a way to check if the spoiler was up? That would answer some of that question.
Uhh, I don't think so.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	paul-walker-fast-furious-last-known-photo-porsche-gt-crash-james-dean.jpg
Views:	1539
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	307732  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
your point is.........
You might want to at least glance at the thread before you post.

I think its pretty clear

It's just irritating sometimes when there is an echo in a thread because people are lazy.
Not here to make enemies so we'll just leave it there. I'm sure you were just trying to help out.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Even with the second video, I don't think we can conclude how fast the car was traveling. Pointless to speculate right now. And, the CNN guy is talking so far out of his *** CNN should be ashamed. Blatant and obvious attempt at creating content where there really isn't any, just to fill the airwaves in order to sell ads.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Please do mankind a favor and comment on this article and visit the author's Facebook page.http://modernwomandigest.com/five-re...l-walker-dead/

I'm surprised no one here has brought up the fact that Porsche worked with Michelin to design a new tire for the GT because of the snap oversteer problems. Those tires came out two years ago and most owners report a night and day difference in predictable handling. The tires on the car were the old style and may have been the original tires.
Take a look at the tires from two weeks ago. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-service.html

Doesn't change anything and it's a horrible tragedy, but perhaps everyone here could remember to pay better attention to tire temp (they were likely cold), wear, and age.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Her site is down. I read her veiled attempt to gain publicity of a piece of crap article once before the site went down. Hopefully the server was hosted in her apartment and someone kicked her door in and destroyed it (and her).

Old 12-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Her sites Alexa ranking is 1,721,106 meaning no one knows she's even alive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash