Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
4npower has a spectacular aura about4npower has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AudiBull
Please do mankind a favor and comment on this article and visit the author's Facebook page.http://modernwomandigest.com/five-re...l-walker-dead/

Wow, just shows how ignorant and clueless some dumba55's are in this world.
I would never be happy that anybody, let alone a stand up celebrity like Paul, passed away in this manner. I'm sure everybody on this site has done something dumb in a car at some point in their lives, but to be "glad" that he is dead, or anybody else for that matter, is just atrocious. May that woman step in front of something painful in the near future.

Last edited by 4npower; 12-03-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:56 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Heist
Unrelated, but does anyone here remember when Jay Leno almost perished in his CGT? I believe he was coming down the straight away at Daytona or Homestead doing the better part of 190mph, when suddenly the car broke traction and began spinning violently 5-6x down the front straight.
I remember that...so he was in a CGT? That explains it. Not only a car nut, but that Leno has mad skills to come out of that unscratched. I think he braked when the car was facing the track, let go when facing the wall, repeat and repeat. Props to him.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kpt6
Wow man, you're clueless. Exactly where and when did I argue that the speeds were similar?

I shared my story because 4n suggested that the driver in the GT was going over 45 mph based off video evidence from 4n's post in #112, along with his reasons for why- knocking a tree over, debris scattered all over, etc.

Anyway, it looks like you get a kick out of arguing with people, so carry on and enjoy yourself, pal.

You're the one giving the example. I guess I misunderstood.

Originally Posted by tranquility
I remember that...so he was in a CGT? That explains it. Not only a car nut, but that Leno has mad skills to come out of that unscratched. I think he braked when the car was facing the track, let go when facing the wall, repeat and repeat. Props to him.

Yes, that is what Jay said when he exited the car. I believe Donahue set the record later.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:40 AM
boostfiend is infamous around these parts
Such a tragedy, I wonder how many tragedies it will take lazy manufacturers to implement simple fire supression systems in exotics at the least but honestly all cars should have them stock. There's no way that it wouldn't save hundreds of lives if not thousands and more. Never understood why it wasn't mandated by DOT/SAE.

Last edited by boostfiend; 12-04-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
WOW why would she write that article? That is the most disgusting thing I have read in a LONG TIME. Lucky she left her email address. I hope everyone takes her email, and signs her up for as many **** sites and subscription lists to ANYTHING really to drive her NUTS with spam. This is her email, please feel free to sign it up to all kinds of stuff! She deserves it and much worse with an article like that..
adora.bull@modernwomandigest.com

Here's a beautiful article on Paul that was never before told. A great feel good story to make up for the disgusting things written by that goth ***** on the last page: http://freepatriot.org/2013/12/03/pa...er-told-story/

ps--Is that FOR SURE Rogers RED Porsche CGT in the last thread being taken apart by GMG?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 4npower
Wow, just shows how ignorant and clueless some dumba55's are in this world.
I would never be happy that anybody, let alone a stand up celebrity like Paul, passed away in this manner. I'm sure everybody on this site has done something dumb in a car at some point in their lives, but to be "glad" that he is dead, or anybody else for that matter, is just atrocious. May that woman step in front of something painful in the near future.
Karma is a *****:

http://modernwomandigest.com/adora-b...s-paul-walker/

Old 12-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nikolas

Lmao!! My name is Bill Green and I can only hope, that they are referring to me. Her post really pissed me off and I spent all of 2 minutes, Thinking what to respond with. People like her, just respond with the issue at hand, and have no idea, what that person was like in real life, or what their real life was like.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Unhappy

Autopsy reports have been released...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/04/paul-w...n-roger-rodas/

Old 12-04-2013, 11:07 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
thats terrible, hopefully he was so out of it from the trauma that he didnt suffer

Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Agree w/ ^^.. hopefully he was unconscious from the impact... ugh.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AudiBull
Please do mankind a favor and comment on this article and visit the author's Facebook page.http://modernwomandigest.com/five-re...l-walker-dead/

I'm surprised no one here has brought up the fact that Porsche worked with Michelin to design a new tire for the GT because of the snap oversteer problems. Those tires came out two years ago and most owners report a night and day difference in predictable handling. The tires on the car were the old style and may have been the original tires.
Take a look at the tires from two weeks ago. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-service.html

Doesn't change anything and it's a horrible tragedy, but perhaps everyone here could remember to pay better attention to tire temp (they were likely cold), wear, and age.
That post has a recent date but the service at GMG was done more than a year ago...please do not post misleading information or speculation

Old 12-04-2013, 12:06 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
That post has a recent date but the service at GMG was done more than a year ago...please do not post misleading information or speculation
Sorry...never would have thought that a shop would post something like that a year after it was done. Doesn't make sense. I have seen shots of the tires on the car from this week and they were the same style and quite worn in the rear, so it wasn't pure speculation. I wasn't trying to do anything other than make people aware of how important tire condition, temp, and age can be when handling a twitchy car. I see that as finding some potential good in a horrible situation.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
For a lite car like that to mow down a light pole and two trees in that video is absolutely insane. Watch how quickly that light pole gets leveled like a match stick. Sends chills down my spine watching that vid, but like others have said, I bet they were going an easy 100mph.

Easier to take down a light pole than you think.

About 15 years ago, I had just picked my 1988 Ferry Porsche Signature Edition from a service at Dealership. Weight about 2,600 pounds.

Never drove my old cars in rain, but that day a severe storm hit on the way home. A car cut me off on interstate, I avoided but hit a puddle, spun and took out one of those massive interstate light poles.

Here is the picture of the damage after knocking a much bigger pole down.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4547350013_large.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	307862  

Last edited by Doug H; 12-04-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buzzm
thats terrible, hopefully he was so out of it from the trauma that he didnt suffer
Jeez, so sorry to hear about autopsy. Worst nightmare.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-04-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Doesn't change anything and it's a horrible tragedy, but perhaps everyone here could remember to pay better attention to tire temp (they were likely cold), wear, and age.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that the timing for the GMG post was unfortunate given what has transpired...They were likely hoping for some boost from all the publicity surrounding the event not the crap storm that followed...I would also agree with your comments about tire condition and age on any car let alone a high performance vehicle....just trying to keep the record straight

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash