Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 PM
GT Motion is infamous around these parts
I saw that Adora Bull thing earlier, people really have nothing better to do I guess.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM
4npower has a spectacular aura about4npower has a spectacular aura about
Idiot that deserves everything he gets...

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/man...ium=socialflow

Old 12-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 PM
BOXER12 is infamous around these parts
I have never driven a CGT but have spent a half dozen or so track days dicing it up with a twenty something year old 'kid' driving one near or at 10/10ths...spent a lot of time being chased and sometimes chasing that car. I am sure he ran the tires down to the cords on more than one set. Saw a few 'off track' excursions, but I never saw it do anything too sketchy...Personally, I think the 'danger' factor is being greatly exaggerated. I wouldn't hesitate to buy or own one because it's a 'race car' for the street. I would enjoy the heck out of it.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
I suppose speculation is fun, but more reason why morons such as that CNN dude should keep their mouth's shut when they have zero clue about anything. I suppose they are reporters because they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and dumb people lack the intelligence to realize they are dumb. Reporting a drag race (when cops deny anyone ever reported a second car), reporting fire beginning one minute after wreck (inconsistent with other camera angle) and reporting that they survived for 60 seconds until burned to death (speculation) is irresponsible and negligent reporting that may be upsetting to friends and family.

-----

A coroner spokesman told The News Thursday that preliminary autopsy results show both Walker and Rodas died "within seconds" of the crash.

Rodas' death was attributed to "multiple traumatic injuries" while Walker's was caused by the "combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries," the Los Angeles County Coroner said Wednesday.

Still, the different causes of death did not mean Walker survived for any substantial amount of time after Rodas, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said.

"We didn't give exact time of death, but it was probably within a nanosecond, pretty much instantaneous, not a matter of a minute or more," Winter told the News Thursday, referring to Walker.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1540597

Old 12-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^i agree, from the looks of the crash my bet would be death on impact, probably never knew what happened

Old 12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
m3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud of
The Carrera GT being dangerous just allows TMZ to post additional daily posts about this tragedy. I remember the incident involving a Rennlister a few years back and I knew it was only a matter of time until that got trotted out. All cars are dangerous...some more than others....and always when speed is involved.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
I forgot they left with it up. I'm trying to remember if my Boxster's automatically goes down if I set it up manually. I've only done that once or twice so I can't remember.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CBADtt
And, the CNN guy is talking so far out of his *** CNN should be ashamed. Blatant and obvious attempt at creating content where there really isn't any, just to fill the airwaves in order to sell ads.
This is one of the reason I hate the news. We have intimiate knowledge of this subject so we know the truth, but what about all the other garbage they spew on every other topic? Idiots.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Here is a pic as they were driving away from the fundraiser on that fatal ride. Looks like the rear tires are A-OK here. There goes that reason for the crash. Tires are fine.
RIP

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	paul-walker-before-crash-photos-015-480w.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	310224  
Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stock_Monster
Here is a pic as they were driving away from the fundraiser on that fatal ride. Looks like the rear tires are A-OK here. There goes that reason for the crash. Tires are fine.
RIP

Tires are fine...but would bet money they were too cold when he attempted that circus stunt flyby....

Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM
andrewgarland is infamous around these parts
such a trajedy!

Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Tires are fine...but would bet money they were too cold when he attempted that circus stunt flyby....
circus stunt flyby?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Christian
circus stunt flyby?

Top Gun

(1986)

• Time - Phrase
  • 00:35:54 You took it, and broke a major rule of engagement.
  • 00:35:59 Then you broke another one with that circus stunt fly-by.
  • 00:36:05 Top Gun rules of engagement exist for your safety and for that of your team.
  • 00:36:11 They're not flexible, nor am l. Obey them or you're history. Is that clear?.
  • 00:36:19 Yes, sir!

Last edited by ntlgnt1; 12-10-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Christian
circus stunt flyby?

That was in the MSNBC version of the crash

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash