Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 AM
4npower has a spectacular aura about4npower has a spectacular aura about
"It's akin to driving on ice -- and control is further compromised by the fact that the Porsche was outfitted with special racing tires that have very little tread.-TMZ"

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/11/paul-w...ts-hydroplane/

TMZ really knows their ****

Old 12-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Falcon7x is infamous around these parts
To say it's plainly obvious is to sound like a layman and not like a car enthusiast who knows better. You even insult the investigators. Why are they spending so much time on something that is so plainly obvious for a person like you who seem to have no experience in these matters.

I notice you gave a long resume of racing and cars. To bad this is not a racing investigation. How much crash experience you have? That is the ONLY experience that matters. It's like i spoke to a long time Porsche instructor. Very knowledgeable about cars and racing but NOT about the subject matter. He said he had NEVER seen a car fire or crash like that...so what was he basing his opinions on? He was no more valid than a soccer mom who says the same thing "I'm SURE he was speeding".

I hope none of your cars ever have a freak accident or anything, because it's clear that folks are gonna automatically jump to conclusions and demonize you. Even Roger Rodas I'm told is not known to be reckless but that is not stopping people jumping to conclusions.

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
It's plainly obvious. Even the debris from the camera showing the impact points to the vehicle traveling well over 45mph when the loss of control occurred.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 4npower
"It's akin to driving on ice -- and control is further compromised by the fact that the Porsche was outfitted with special racing tires that have very little tread.-TMZ"

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/11/paul-w...ts-hydroplane/

"We've learned the experts have told the family ... a car going speeds approaching 90 MPH will lose traction after hitting a series of Botts' Dots."

Right it's the Botts' Dots fault not the fact the car was speeding. Can you sue a Botts Dot? I'll bet in California you can.

In other news we've learned that experts have told the family ... a car going speeds approaching 45 MPH will lose traction after hitting a series of marbles...apparently the driver lost his when he got behind the wheel.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Falcon7x
To say it's plainly obvious is to sound like a layman and not like a car enthusiast who knows better. You even insult the investigators. Why are they spending so much time on something that is so plainly obvious for a person like you who seem to have no experience in these matters.

I notice you gave a long resume of racing and cars. To bad this is not a racing investigation. How much crash experience you have? That is the ONLY experience that matters. It's like i spoke to a long time Porsche instructor. Very knowledgeable about cars and racing but NOT about the subject matter. He said he had NEVER seen a car fire or crash like that...so what was he basing his opinions on? He was no more valid than a soccer mom who says the same thing "I'm SURE he was speeding".

I hope none of your cars ever have a freak accident or anything, because it's clear that folks are gonna automatically jump to conclusions and demonize you. Even Roger Rodas I'm told is not known to be reckless but that is not stopping people jumping to conclusions.
You're right, the investigators are ONLY calculating speed and Mr. Rodas could never have had bad judgement.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM
What is the truth?

So much rumor floating around. Can anybody clarify the truth on some issues?

People say the car was speeding based on extensive damage, but where is this evidence they use? I've seen photos, but where is the one that distinguishes fire damage from impact damage?

Who knows for a fact if this car was new for Rodas?

What is the highest officially quoted speed the car was supposed to be going?

Just want to get facts straight. Stories are all over the place, and everybody is "sure" about things they know nothing about, so what are the facts?

Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 PM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
I think what we are seeing on here is that everyone here likes cars. Most like Porsches. Most have driven them fast before. Many have driven them to their limits before. And most are trying to put into perspective how 2 knowledgable car guys (just like them) could have been involved in such a horrific accident, where death and destruction occurred, in an area well known to them, in a car known to them(at least Rodas). It doesn't make sense to the male human brain. If it was normal 2 car traffic accident, that happens randomly, then we all could make peace with it. But nothing seems to make sense in this case if you think they were just gently cruising at 45 mph.

And as for seeing the difference from fire damage and impact damage….it isn't that difficult. The tree side of the car is the assumed impact side, and the car is "wrapped" around the tree. That is easy to see. Fire didn't do that, physics did that. Mid-engine carbon fiber tub car accidents in which there is a side impact with a sturdy, narrow object (tree, telephone pole, etc) tend to split the car in half. The momentum of the engine puts a shear force strong enough to break it away from the passenger CF tub. While not completely in half like that of "Mask's" Ferrari accident, it is definitely on it's way.

And I am no "accident investigator". But I had to have my own theories (discussed heavily with my brother who is also a P-car owner/enthusist). I don't think anyone here is trying to be an "expert witness" on the crash….rather just make sense of it.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
They said steering fluid was leaking and car was stalling so Paul jumped in with Rodas to take it for a spin to figure out why the car is stalling. Right now they are saying steering failed and it leaked under impact. He was still speeding!!!

Anytime you have steering fluid leaking it is a death trap never ever take out a porsche when this is happening. He was not only a great actor but a great guy.

Last edited by 996tt550hp; 12-12-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by 996tt550hp
They said steering fluid was leaking and car was stalling so Paul jumped in with Rodas to take it for a spin to figure out why the car is stalling. Right now they are saying steering failed and it leaked under impact. He was still speeding!!!

Oh, okay. Well there we have it guys, everything has been figured out and we now know exactly what happened

Btw 996tt, who is "they" that you are referring to?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, okay. Well there we have it guys, everything has been figured out and we now know exactly what happened

News channel so many different things on this but i saw the friend on one of the videos say they had steering issues and car was stalling so he was backing it up into the garage and then Paul said i will be back in 5 minutes. This is where he was backing it up to the garage i can't find the other one yet.

Last edited by 996tt550hp; 12-12-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by MileHigh911
And as for seeing the difference from fire damage and impact damage….it isn't that difficult. The tree side of the car is the assumed impact side, and the car is "wrapped" around the tree. That is easy to see. Fire didn't do that, physics did that. .
http://prod.static9.net.au/~/media/i...ry/crash2.ashx

How fast would you think that Lambo was going based on picture considering the entire car split in two for REAL, unlike people have being saying about the Carrera which is in ONE piece. Also note in the video with firemen, they are hacking away at that car for whatever reason. So you have to make sure you are talking about the car's condition BEFORE being burned and BEFORE the firemen damaged it.

Finally, keep in mind. Although Carbon fiber is tough to melt, the chemicals used to bond the cf is not hard to melt at all. Being the car is mostly cf....I could expect MAJOR body damage. I saw a F430 burn to the ground. Barely recognizable after. Literally looks like a bomb went off. That i just a fire with no impact.

Also, people keeps saying wrapped around the tree. Please present this evidence so we can see what you see. I've seen many photos. None I would describe as wrapped around a tree. Keep in mind it was Rodas that dies on impact. The Carrera is very tight. It would not take much to impact Walker's shoulder. Certainly is the car wrapped around the tree...It would be Walker dead on impact for sure.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:10 PM
That makes no sense. He was backing it up IN garage, then said I'll be back in 5? Would he not be backing it OUT the garage?

Originally Posted by 996tt550hp
so he was backing it up into the garage and then Paul said i will be back in 5 minutes. This is where he was backing it up to the garage i can't find the other one yet.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Riiight. So a difficult to handle car is having steering issues, so they decide to go speeding in it to see what the issue is. I think the internet term is...."seems legit". Uh huh

Old 01-03-2014, 03:43 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_c2

..."The Porsche carrying "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker was speeding at more than 100 miles per hour when it crashed in November, killing the actor and a friend, according to the final coroner's report on the deaths."....

..."For unknown reasons, the driver lost control of the vehicle, and the vehicle partially spun around, and began to travel in a southeast direction," the coroner's report said. "The vehicle then struck a sidewalk and the driver's side of the vehicle struck a tree and then a light post. The force of those collisions caused the vehicle to spin 180 degrees, and it continued to travel in an easterly direction. The passenger side of the vehicle then struck a tree and the vehicle burst into flames."...

Last edited by HIRISC; 01-03-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I read the story a little bit ago. Is anyone really surprised at the estimated speed the car was going? Sad...

Old 01-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Banned
Too Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond reputeToo Beaucoup has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_c2

..."The Porsche carrying "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker was speeding at more than 100 miles per hour when it crashed in November, killing the actor and a friend, according to the final coroner's report on the deaths."....

..."For unknown reasons, the driver lost control of the vehicle, and the vehicle partially spun around, and began to travel in a southeast direction," the coroner's report said. ".........
So the coroner is now an accident investigator too?

I'm waiting for ecm data.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash