Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 02:56 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Don't think RACING was an issue, but speed was looking at that video… might have been driving fast and something locked up, etc, etc… sure investigators will come up with something…

Interesting that anybody/anyone can service the GT in the US, here in the UK (for an OFFICIAL service) the car is taken to the main factory in Reading.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:31 AM
LSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud of
Accident investigators "have received eyewitness statements that the car involved was traveling alone at a high rate of speed," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a written statement Monday. "No eyewitness has contacted the (department) to say there was a second vehicle."

High rate of speed. Enough said. Like I said, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Just glad he didn't kill an innocent family in the other lane.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Tmainevent is infamous around these parts
Extremely sad...especially for the families without their loved one around now...the children from both families without their father...

I cannot believe this quote Paul made in an old interview...as I posted once before it is like he almost predicted his own destiny....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	307420  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HIRISC
A to B is what I meant by the other way. Not sure if I was clear on that. Heist had posted a diagram earlier that showed them possibly going up Constellation and then left. Perhaps other video footage will shed some more light on this accident. RIP x2

HIRISC:

Hey buddy, sorry if I was vague. I do think your assessment is correct about going A to B as opposed to what some earlier diagrams and reports showed.

Sharkster:

Damn nice Green GT3.

All:

If you have been around sports cars and racing for any length of time, you are going to experience tragedy. Nature of the beast. I got lucky in 1987 after an incident on Laguna Seca that was not my fault. I only spent 3 months in the hospital. That accident, losing friends over the years, busting a few cars up here and there and knowing it could happen to me has never blunted my passion for cars and racing. Being on the race track or behind the wheel of a high performance vehicle is the one thing ( . . . in addition to surfing . . .) in my life that turns down the volume on life's daily stresses. At the risk of sounding totally dorky, we are all fortunate to have the things in life and do the things in life with which we have great passion.

Keep it classy and on the track. Peace.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 AM
0-60motorsport is infamous around these parts
RIP Paul and Roger.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Falcon7x
How do you know their speed? I thought Police are still investigating. Are you more knowledgeable than the investigators?
It's plainly obvious. Even the debris from the camera showing the impact points to the vehicle traveling well over 45mph when the loss of control occurred.

Originally Posted by Doug H
I am saying none of us know exactly what happened and I doubt you are an accident reconstructionist.

I doubt either you or the "driving like a 17 year old" guy have any seat time in a race car or a true sports car and neither of you have any concept of true car control. Perhaps criticizing what you don't know and understand validates or compensates for something. Cool! Glad it's working for ya!
My experience isn't intensive, but is more than enough to give an informed opinion:
BMW car control clinic including evasive maneuvers and skidpad
Numerous drifts and drag racing in an SRT-8 sedan
AMG Academy graduate including skidpad practice in an SLK55 and C63
SRT Driving Experience graduate.
Hot lapping at MRLS in dozens of vehicles including memorable moments:
New Viper GTS twitch cresting turn 1.
Audi V8 V10 Spyder feeling "greasy" in turn 3
ZL1 Camaro oversteer exiting turn 6
SRT-8 running wide turn 10
Other notable cars hot lapped at MRLS:
C63 Black Series
BMW M6
Jaguar XKR RS
Corvette Z-06 Z07 Carbon/Centennial Edition

Passenger experience:
Jack Roush Jr. 9/10ths in a race prepped RS3
Bob Faieta at 10/10ths in a Boxster S
Tommy Kendall at 10/10ths in an SLS AMG

Originally Posted by LSACadzilla
They were not doing anywhere near 40 or 45 and that's a guarantee. You do not need to be a crash reconstructionist to figure that out.

Thank you.

Paul Walker's sister regarding speculation and rumors. Nuff said.

“They were absolutely not racing, that’s a complete lie,” Ashlie told the UK’s Daily Mail on Dec. 2. ”It hurts us when we hear these lies and it makes our grief worse and more painful. These are irresponsible allegations and people are trying to make out speed and racing was the reason for his death when it was just a terrible accident.”

Quote from same article . . .

Roger lost control of the car. They didn’t spin or anything. They went into a tree. They hit four trees and took a big light pole down. The light pole came down and the car bounced off of it. And then they crashed into a tree, that’s what eventually stopped the car,” Jim said.

His sister wasn't a witness and people are confusing racing which implies an illegal contest vs. speeding which in this case was bad judgment or bad timing.

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
Not sure what they reported, but Porsche didn't take on any responsibility. It was a negotiated settlement, with no implication of responsibility by any of the parties involved.

Article here:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/24/4...rrera-gt-case/

Originally Posted by kpt6
So sad. He will be missed.

I was present many, many years ago when a guy crashed a vehicle off-road while rallying it in the woods (wasn't a pro, nor was the vehicle set up with safety equipment for it). This guy was probably going around 45 mph or so. Vehicle was absolutely destroyed. It's been such a long time now so I don't remember all the details, but I know with certainty that he knocked at least one Ponderosa pine tree over and he hit several trees overall before coming to a stop. Debris was everywhere as well.

Totally different car, different circumstances

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-03-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
4npower has a spectacular aura about4npower has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

^^^ Thank you Deuuuce, you just saved me 5 minutes of typing.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Thanks. While the title of the article is wrong/misleading, the text does not apportion blame or responsibility and is accurate.

The title is wrong because there was no "award", it wasn't a judgement.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
HIRISC:Hey buddy, sorry if I was vague. I do think your assessment is correct about going A to B as opposed to what some earlier diagrams and reports showed.
No worries Doug... We're all trying to armchair-figure it out..

I'm still thinking about this accident... it's strange. Though I didn't know either guy, I suspect I know guys exactly like them in many respects.

I will drive safer as a result of this, as I suspect others will do. If there is anything good to come of two good guys dying, I guess that's it.

Last edited by HIRISC; 12-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HIRISC
We're all trying to armchair-figure it out..

I'm still thinking about this accident... it's strange. Though I didn't know either guy, I suspect I know guys exactly like them in many respects.
And I think this is why we [the enthusiast community] are so affected by this incident. We can look in the mirror and know that these are men that shared the exact same passions that we do. Maybe to a different extent, but it is the same 'spark' if you will that unites enthusiasts worldwide. We see that this could have happened to any of us, and so we wrestle with our own sense of mortality behind the wheel.

I was supposed to meet Paul later this year, and was really looking forward to it. A good friend of mine worked on the Atlanta set for Fast 5 and had nothing but nice things to say about him. Rip Paul and Roger. They both left amazingly positive marks in this world.

And as far as the speed factor. I wonder if there's a way to check if the spoiler was up? That would answer some of that question.

Last edited by Samir; 12-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Falcon7x is infamous around these parts
Good point! People don't wear helmets on the street!

And to answer an earlier question about how a roll cage would be dangerous on the street- hitting your head on that thing in an accident would be a terrible thing.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Falcon7x is infamous around these parts
When the Lambo crashed, people had said it was doing 100MPH, this has been determined to be, FALSE. "high rate of speed". YOu mean like if I ride my bike by at 35MPH in first gear real loud and somebody tells police I was speeding? Like that you mean? Also, WHO is saying this exactly? I love how the stories always come from nowhere. They dont identify who said what.

Originally Posted by LSACadzilla
Accident investigators "have received eyewitness statements that the car involved was traveling alone at a high rate of speed," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a written statement Monday. "No eyewitness has contacted the (department) to say there was a second vehicle."

High rate of speed. Enough said. Like I said, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Just glad he didn't kill an innocent family in the other lane.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

Totally different car, different circumstances
Oh, I didn't realize you were present at both accidents.

4n's argument for speeding was that there was debris everywhere and it knocked over a tree and hit another. I shared what I did because in a court of law a defense lawyer could share what I did and knock that specific argument out.

I won't conjecture that the driver was or wasn't speeding. It's really none of my business anyway.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:23 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tmainevent
I cannot believe this quote Paul made in an old interview...as I posted once before it is like he almost predicted his own destiny....
Yeah, I personally won't believe he said that until I hear exactly when he said that.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I personally won't believe he said that until I hear exactly when he said that.
I can't seem to find a source for this quote as well.

If someone is getting kicks of their fake photo on the Internet at a deceased person's expense, I hope karma bites them hard. The lack of human dignity regarding what is appropriate and inappropriate on the Internet when dealing with tragedy is starting to really get out of hand. Add in that ALL the platforms hosting and inviting this type of content are making money off of it, and it really doesn't speak highly of the human race.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unconfirmed: Paul Walker killed in CGT crash