Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 gt3 rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:41 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
I think it's fair for Porsche (or any other automotive company) to award privileges to those willing to spend $1MM on a vehicle.
I agree! Compared to the asinine tricks Ferrari plays with its new car buyers (for example, they consider the LaFerrari supercar a "gift" to their best customers and hand pick them to sell to), what Porsche is doing seems quite reasonable.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:46 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
I think it's fair for Porsche (or any other automotive company) to award privileges to those willing to spend $1MM on a vehicle.
The point of the program is not to reward people for buying the 918 but rather from people flipping the 918. The longer you own it the longer you have first right to the "candy" cars.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:48 AM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Word on the street is allocation #s in July, deliveries in October.

Turning down 991 GT3 opportunity, and hoping for allocation, #2..

Old 01-16-2014, 10:31 AM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
OmahaGT good to see another omahan here. Was talking to Brian at woodhouse yesterday checking out the two GT3's before they left. Have you reserved an RS spot? Said they had buyers already for RS slots there.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Hello neighbor! They had two 991 GT3s?

Yes, I'm #2 for a allocation, hopefully they get at least two 2015 allocations..

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
OmahaGT good to see another omahan here. Was talking to Brian at woodhouse yesterday checking out the two GT3's before they left. Have you reserved an RS spot? Said they had buyers already for RS slots there.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:34 AM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
The 918 program is a forward thinking, strategic move by Porsche- very smart - it also buffers the buyers from the depreciation hit with giving buyers these goodies - helps rationalizing spending nearly $1M for a depreciating asset .....

Old 01-16-2014, 11:43 AM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stef430
The 918 program is a forward thinking, strategic move by Porsche- very smart - it also buffers the buyers from the depreciation hit with giving buyers these goodies - helps rationalizing spending nearly $1M for a depreciating asset .....
Are you going to use your status as a 918 owner to snag the good stuff or you will "settle" with your GT3 and 918?

Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM
yes a red one which brian said was dealership owners car and a white one ready for pickup for someone local. I told them to keep me informed on the red one as owner will prob keep for a year(till RS) then sell. Might be able to convince the wife then lol

Old 01-16-2014, 12:05 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Are you going to use your status as a 918 owner to snag the good stuff or you will "settle" with your GT3 and 918?
Regardless of the 918 I will always look to snag the latest and greatest. Sights on the GT3RS....

Old 01-16-2014, 12:08 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stef430
Regardless of the 918 I will always look to snag the latest and greatest. Sights on the GT3RS....
My man! True Porsche guy!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 AM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
I'm in the camp of those who will never pay over MSRP for a new car, but just fine with selling them for over MSRP (just made $35k on my MY14 RR). I have dibs on my dealer's first (and likely only) GT3RS allocation, however, I'm really jonesing for the Speciale and don't want or need 2 track focused $175k+ cars. Would you put down your deposit on the GT3RS knowing when it comes in you'll likely sell it? And will I likely get over MSRP for it?

Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
I'm in the camp of those who will never pay over MSRP for a new car, but just fine with selling them for over MSRP (just made $35k on my MY14 RR). I have dibs on my dealer's first (and likely only) GT3RS allocation, however, I'm really jonesing for the Speciale and don't want or need 2 track focused $175k+ cars. Would you put down your deposit on the GT3RS knowing when it comes in you'll likely sell it? And will I likely get over MSRP for it?
So are you keeping these cars or just getting them to poodle around during break in and then sell them?

Old 01-17-2014, 03:46 PM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
So are you keeping these cars or just getting them to poodle around during break in and then sell them?

I realized how stupid a question I posed. I might as well put a deposit on the GT3RS and take it if I cannot find the right Speciale. Or, buy it even if I do get a Speciale if the RS is commanding a premium. Or, don't buy it if I already have the Ferrari and I don't think it's worth my time to flip it. Sorry for wasting y'all's time.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:38 PM
I love all these people that ***** and moan if god forbid a dealer tries to sell a car for over MSRP but it's perfectly fine for them to try too. Lol

Old 01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I love all these people that ***** and moan if god forbid a dealer tries to sell a car for over MSRP but it's perfectly fine for them to try too. Lol

If I came across as *****ing about dealers asking more than MSRP, that was not my intention - I'm as much a capitalist as the next guy. I'm just in the camp with those who think that a dealer that tries to gouge a buyer for a hot car (GT3) leaves a bad taste in the buyer's mouth and that could come back to haunt the dealer when it comes time for the same buyer to buy a Cayenne, S8, Turbo, A4, etc. Sucks someone from the state I was born in has to be so judgmental about my comments about a car he needs permission from his wife to buy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 gt3 rs