Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New 991 GT3 initial driving impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
New 991 GT3 initial driving impressions

Just picked her up today - Posted in the 991 section too - am an owner of a CGT and a 4.0 and a 50th anny and a 73 RS and 993 Turbo S and and and - bottom line is WOW - Certainly a daily driver - by that I mean not extreme in terms of ride - very compliant even in sport plus mode - hit the FDR Drive and some nasty pavement sections and manhole covers and and and - these are sections I know well and are abusive - and I am F'ing impressed - WOW - great sound and compliance and a great ride. I highly recommend it (to paraphrase a movie line) -

Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 PM
RobSpyder is infamous around these parts
I like the WOWs, but am a little concerned about the repeated use of the word compliant.

Is it fun to drive? Great that it can be used as a daily, but that's not really the point of a GT3. Your extensive Porsche experience is very welcome in a more thorough review. Please?

(Oh, and congrats!)

Old 12-27-2013, 09:38 PM
OK - So I spent a ton of time racing a Flying Lizard Porsche Motorsports RSR - I like a hard ride - and an extreme experience - I am 0.00001% of the drivers - I am also New York City-based - with roads that equal the worst in the country - I like the fillings in my teeth rattled - and drive the crap out of my 4.0 and my SLS Black Series in NYC most of the year - I also ride my Desmosedici a ton on pock-marked roads too - SOOOO "complaint" is meant to say to folks who are less hard core that you can drive it and not bump and crash and break spoilers - and feel less than abused after driving one for a few hours in a "hostile" environment - great control, firm, but not abusive - I call that compliant - it ain't my Supersports, it ain't my B7 - it may be my C Black, but actually better in terms of control and ride combo.

It is a special ride ..... yup.....

Hope that helps.

And more to come, but I just got her this evening so.....

Old 12-27-2013, 09:46 PM
RobSpyder is infamous around these parts
Amongst that company, calling it a special ride is thrilling news. Mine arrives shortly.

Would love to hear performance comparisons to 40RS once you've had more seat time.

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Will do. By the way, the neutral paddle pull that allows a bit of revving is very cool (and "special" :-)

Old 12-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
definitely would appreciate a group pic of your 4.0 and new GT3

Old 12-27-2013, 10:31 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stef430
Will do. By the way, the neutral paddle pull that allows a bit of revving is very cool (and "special" :-)
Jealous! Where are the pix? How does the neutral paddle pull differ from the standard Carrera's?

Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Congratulations! It's really nice to hear that some 991 GT3s are being delivered in the USA. I definitely look forward to comparisons with the older GT3s from private owners!

Old 12-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Swiss_Aussie is infamous around these parts
I'd be interested to hear a little more details of what you think and how it drives. I've read the reviews in the mags but would be good to hear from a owner rather than another jurno.... Pictures would also be great...

Old 12-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Congratulations! You lucky man!
Pics when you can please.
As Swiss_Aussie mentioned, I look forward to your continued review of the car.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 AM
dwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nice
Wow, I would like to see a picture if your whole collection.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:32 AM
carcommander is infamous around these parts
OK - So I spent a ton of time racing a Flying Lizard Porsche Motorsports RSR - I like a hard ride - and an extreme experience - I am 0.00001% of the drivers - I am also New York City-based - with roads that equal the worst in the country - I like the fillings in my teeth rattled - and drive the crap out of my 4.0 and my SLS Black Series in NYC most of the year - I also ride my Desmosedici a ton on pock-marked roads too - SOOOO "complaint" is meant to say to folks who are less hard core that you can drive it and not bump and crash and break spoilers - and feel less than abused after driving one for a few hours in a "hostile" environment - great control, firm, but not abusive - I call that compliant - it ain't my Supersports, it ain't my B7 - it may be my C Black, but actually better in terms of control and ride combo.

It is a special ride ..... yup.....

Hope that helps.

And more to come, but I just got her this evening so.....
You must have a lot of garage space. LOL.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dwags
Wow, I would like to see a picture if your whole collection.
Either Stef430 is an avid dreamer or I want to read a book about his life!

Old 12-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
you are soooo right! paddle neutral is why I bought the GT3 instead of the Turbo, waiting for mine in April

Old 12-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rossii
Jealous! Where are the pix? How does the neutral paddle pull differ from the standard Carrera's?
Gt3 has it, other 911s do not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3 initial driving impressions