Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2014 GT3 Available at Momentum Porsche Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
Imagine how happy a local buyer would be to get the car at MSRP, he would also get it serviced at the dealership, maybe he would buy a cayenne for his wife and a boxster for his daughter or son, they would then buy more p-cars for years to come, their friends might too. Instead they might get a premium or might not, in the mean time, there may be a guy who wanted the car, got discouraged on principal bought elsewhere at MSRP or said screw it and bought a Vette or SLS or GTR
The buying of cars is the most unfun part when its like this, I bought a Mercedes last month the local dealer gave me a good trade in on old car and MBZ had a winter clearance sale, finished the transaction in less than an hour, no hassle no lies, no monkey business. When I buy something this expensive, i expect to be treated like an adult, not some impulsive punk buying the latest Jordans at a markup from a pawn shop. My suggestion is that they offer the car to previous customers at MSRP, bet you after a few days they will sell the car and maybe it will help build a franchise and sell future cars and service. I wonder who would be willing o pay over 25K over, the car isnt flashy enough for an actor or athlete to impulse buy (no offense to actors and athletes)and I presume professionals have the impulse control to just wait a few weeks and buy at MSRP

Last edited by Dark Knight; 01-08-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts
ha ha. There is one 100km from me that the buyer backed out on (wife) and the Porsche dealer will sell it for list! White w limited options, in Canada though.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
Speaking of over charging. When the Nissan GTR first came out I was interested, but all of the local dealers were charging $25 to $30K over list. Of course, when the car depreciates, as all new cars do, you loose the depreciation and the amount over charged as well. I decided to pay more money and buy a 997 TT and it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. Would I approach a local dealer about a Nissan again - absolutely not. But I now have three Porsches. Funny how short term greed by dealers typically results in reduced future success.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:31 AM
saraojo is infamous around these parts
If money wasn't an object id pay 10k over msrp at most haha

Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i bought my 08 TT from them, would never deal with them again, agree w/ dark knight's sentiments

Old 01-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Nurburg611 is infamous around these partsNurburg611 is infamous around these parts
That reminds me to back in the days when the first batch of iPhones sold for twice MSRP. LOL

Old 01-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
wouldnt you be upset if you paid that much, you might be so pissed you would buy a samsung instead

Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
Imagine how happy a local buyer would be to get the car at MSRP, he would also get it serviced at the dealership, maybe he would buy a cayenne for his wife and a boxster for his daughter or son, they would then buy more p-cars for years to come, their friends might too. Instead they might get a premium or might not, in the mean time, there may be a guy who wanted the car, got discouraged on principal bought elsewhere at MSRP or said screw it and bought a Vette or SLS or GTR
The buying of cars is the most unfun part when its like this, I bought a Mercedes last month the local dealer gave me a good trade in on old car and MBZ had a winter clearance sale, finished the transaction in less than an hour, no hassle no lies, no monkey business. When I buy something this expensive, i expect to be treated like an adult, not some impulsive punk buying the latest Jordans at a markup from a pawn shop. My suggestion is that they offer the car to previous customers at MSRP, bet you after a few days they will sell the car and maybe it will help build a franchise and sell future cars and service. I wonder who would be willing o pay over 25K over, the car isnt flashy enough for an actor or athlete to impulse buy (no offense to actors and athletes)and I presume professionals have the impulse control to just wait a few weeks and buy at MSRP

Nicely put. I agree. I recently bought my wife a 2014 X5 at a local dealership in Houston. It is my 4th bmw purchase in the last 30 months (been in Houston for 36 months now), 3rd at this particular dealership. They actually had the audacity to not want to deal with me at all. i walked on the deal, did my research and learned that they are truly going for MSRP across the country right now. A week or so later the car was due to arrive from the factory and they emailed me and asked me if I was still interested. I stood firm on dealing. they said no again.

I then explained to them that I buying my 4th Porsche from a dealership 1000 miles away because they have worked with me in the past. My GT3 is being ordered through Circle in Long Beach, and I live in Houston. The ONLY reason that I am doing this is because they have treated me right in the past. I explained this story to the BMW dealership trying to explain to them that loyalty is worth something. They came back the next day and gave me the discount that I wanted.

So, my GT3 will be delivered in Socal and then will make a stop at RSS in Costa Mesa for some goodies, then I am paying to have it shipped to Houston.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Nicely put. I agree. I recently bought my wife a 2014 X5 at a local dealership in Houston. It is my 4th bmw purchase in the last 30 months (been in Houston for 36 months now), 3rd at this particular dealership. They actually had the audacity to not want to deal with me at all. i walked on the deal, did my research and learned that they are truly going for MSRP across the country right now. A week or so later the car was due to arrive from the factory and they emailed me and asked me if I was still interested. I stood firm on dealing. they said no again.

I then explained to them that I buying my 4th Porsche from a dealership 1000 miles away because they have worked with me in the past. My GT3 is being ordered through Circle in Long Beach, and I live in Houston. The ONLY reason that I am doing this is because they have treated me right in the past. I explained this story to the BMW dealership trying to explain to them that loyalty is worth something. They came back the next day and gave me the discount that I wanted.

So, my GT3 will be delivered in Socal and then will make a stop at RSS in Costa Mesa for some goodies, then I am paying to have it shipped to Houston.
Hey, new GT3 and a pit stop at RSS? I'd do the same thing! SoCal dealership, I was thinking Nebraska may have some allotments and I was going to try them for the second batch.

Last edited by FLAT6KING; 01-10-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 AM
FrstPorsche is infamous around these parts
Im from Nebraska and nope. Surprisingly they go pretty fast here. Woodhouse had two GT3 spots and they went fast. If you do call ask for Brian Weisenberg. He helped me with my c4s as I needed the back seats and AWD for winter so had to pass on the GT3 but he is the best there. I haven't asked about RS allocations though.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:49 PM
rayng is infamous around these parts
When I called on this car on January 2nd, Brandon told me, "The car will be sold at the highest price." Otherwise a nice fellow. Good luck with the sale (and snarky attitude).

Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
One thing I give Ferrari dealers credit, they do not allow any of their dealerships to sell new cars over list.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 PM
HarmonyJim is infamous around these parts
As unbelievable as it seems, the original owner of the orange .1RS that I bought from him paid - now get this - $50K over list for the "honor". I have the window sticker to prove it, so it shows there are people out there willing to pay exorbitant amounts over MSRP. He loved the car, I benefited from that love, and I am in awe of the car. If you have the funds, I highly recommend you purchase one - to paraphrase Ferris.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
BOXER12 is infamous around these parts
I am also 'out' of the Porsche market due to dealer markups and arrogance. My last Porsche was an 85 Carrera wide body which I bought out of state to get the Guards Red one. Great and very desirable car but when I went to trade locally the dealer offer was a joke. As if a new non-wide body car was just as desirable and I should beg them to take my trade. I kept it for ten years then bought a Ferrari. I am now loyal to Ferrari. I know they can play the favoritism game too but the used cars are much easier to acquire and sell. Porsche dealers all seem to be arrogant. There are too many options any more. Also, I track my cars and the Porsche street cars get blown away by nearly everything. IMO they make a nice entry level sports car that appeals to the masses. They aren't exotics except the 959, CGT and 918.

Last edited by BOXER12; 01-11-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:06 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by mto
One thing I give Ferrari dealers credit, they do not allow any of their dealerships to sell new cars over list.
They also do not allow dealerships to sell UNDER list either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 GT3 Available at Momentum Porsche Houston