Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Champion Porsche just received 11 CGT's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Banned
M3j0n is infamous around these parts
i go down there about once a week. Last time i went down there they had 8 and it blew my mind. I couldnt imagine seeing 11 at once.... damn!

Old 09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally posted by 6088TTS
WHAT THE HELL!!! that is why they are worth nothing now!!! TOO MANY PORSCHE TOO MANY!!! gonna get one soon with this kind of deprication
Porsche cutting Carrera GT output

Wednesday, 10 August 2005

Porsche is cutting total production output of Carrera GT's from 1,500 to 1,250 units. Most of the 250 dropped units would have gone to the United States, a Porsche spokesman says. Since the Carrera GT went into production in January 2004, 396 have been sold in the United States through July. Porsche says the $440,000 car won't meet the 2006-model requirements for smart airbags, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration wouldn't grant a waiver.

"It's a business decision," a Porsche spokesman says. "The cost of engineering the two-stage airbags and recrashing the cars just to make them model-year 2006 cars just doesn't make sense."

Dealers also say keeping the numbers down will help keep values high. Many prospects view the car as 'an investment', and wondered why Porsche was building so many Carrera GT's, when Ferrari usually only makes 400 or so when it has a limited-edition car.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I have heard that as well the airbag story is true, however it is the typical Porsche BS story...the cars will continue to go down as they have already anyone who wants one owns one already if they have the $ to get it....

G forced any trouble with that pesky neighbor parking in front of your house?

Old 09-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Marc996Miami

G forced any trouble with that pesky neighbor parking in front of your house?
HA HA! No, its all good.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 20C4S
good eye. that's actually paint to sample Porsche Zanzibar Red. i love that color.
Yes sir, Zanzibar is a great color but they should have sprung for the extra $12K and ordered custom painted calipers.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:34 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Jack,
back to the **** part if Porsche offered free paint to sample i'd still go for GT silver. a pure car has to have a pure color. i wouldn't mind having a Zanzibar 997 or Cayman though.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:39 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
it'll be a great car for 230, where it will be soon

Old 09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by watt
it'll be a great car for 230, where it will be soon
now isn't that wishful thinking ! Cheers

Old 09-18-2005, 07:55 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
How much are they selling the cars for?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 AM
tshih is infamous around these parts
Just my personal opinion, people who buy Ferraris have very different reasons from those who buy the C-GT or other Porsches who compete price wise with Ferraris. The ferrari buyers keep their cars as investments and trade up to their newer models and keep their ownership experience limited to watching their cars appreciate or hold their initial costs of entry into the club. Porsche buyers like to drive the hell out of their cars and don't really expect to get the bonus of having one's cake and eating it too. See how someone really enjoys their C-GT here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwnXA55UPg8. if I had the means I would aspire to learn how to drive like that guy in any car that's purchased to be enjoyed.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM
RDuke is infamous around these parts

Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Wow, dude. . .

Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
You cant put the entire car on amex , no more then 20%...cool anyway
With a balance transfer check you can

0% for 12 months card, and a balance transfer check, is not a bad way to buy a car at all. Prob a bit of a stretch for a GT though.

Besides if I ever bought one it would be midnight blue.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
holy smokes!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
That Zanzibar red is sex on wheels, the best CGT I've seen today

Zanzibar Red is tie with Condor yellow>Gulf blue>Horizon blue. I am curious why there isnt any stone grey CGT, its a hot colour and here is an example on a 356

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Porsche just received 11 CGT's