Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 vs 997.2 GT3RS for track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 PM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2fast4exotics
Pilot sport cup 2 from 991 gt3 on 991tts, replacing the original pzero, tts runs 1sec faster around the ring and it is a beast both on and off track.
I am pretty sure Turbos can provide faster lap times in most driver's hand.
But it's not all about the lap time.
It's about driving experience and pleasure.
GT3 is down by a lot of power. But it takes corners much better and handles
a lot better. That is why I always want a gt3.

Porsche designed turbo to be a monster GT car with best straight line performance and very comfortable. Also if you want to take it to a race track
on weekends it will be the most capable car out there too. It's the best all around car.
However, Gt3s are designed for the people addict to track and who loves NA power and good handling. It carrys more speed in corners and feel so connect with drivers.
I want to have both. But if I only can get one I would pick the GT3 or RS every time.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:57 AM
2fast4exotics is infamous around these parts
Good points indeed, 991 tts has a great driving experience and pleasure. It has a rear bias power delivery and only sends torque to the front wheels when necessary to aid traction, therefore it can drift, donuts and anything that a rwd based GT3 is capable of. By no means a GT3 is a much more difficult car to drive than a 991 TTS. Turning is fanastic in the 991 TTS even on the PZeros and would be even better with Pilot Sport Cup 2s because of it's wider rear stance and added stability by the 4 wheel steering was originally developed for the 991 tts. 991 GT3 got that from the 991 TTS. Porsche has made the feel of the 991 TTS to the level that a true enthusiast could enjoy and used it all year around. Great car reviews about 991tts proves it. I personally loves the fact that it can get 0-60 within 2 SEC range and the feeling of being very fast at any speed has my blood pumping and at the same time it can take corners very well. While being a very fast car both on and off the track it is also very civilized when needed and can be driven through any adverse weather therefore I choose the 991 TTS if money is no object between the GT3 and TURBO S

Originally Posted by superman32
I am pretty sure Turbos can provide faster lap times in most driver's hand.
But it's not all about the lap time.
It's about driving experience and pleasure.
GT3 is down by a lot of power. But it takes corners much better and handles
a lot better. That is why I always want a gt3.

Porsche designed turbo to be a monster GT car with best straight line performance and very comfortable. Also if you want to take it to a race track
on weekends it will be the most capable car out there too. It's the best all around car.
However, Gt3s are designed for the people addict to track and who loves NA power and good handling. It carrys more speed in corners and feel so connect with drivers.
I want to have both. But if I only can get one I would pick the GT3 or RS every time.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 AM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the Turbo S info, but the thread is about GT3s. I'm glad you love your Turbo S.

Back to GT3s - I've read another thread where people claim dealers are sitting on 991 GT3s awaiting engine swaps and those cars will soon (1-3 months) be available for sale. If anyone knows about one of these, please PM me. I'm driving a GT3RS on Thursday to see what I think.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:35 AM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2fast4exotics
Good points indeed, 991 tts has a great driving experience and pleasure. It has a rear bias power delivery and only sends torque to the front wheels when necessary to aid traction, therefore it can drift, donuts and anything that a rwd based GT3 is capable of. By no means a GT3 is a much more difficult car to drive than a 991 TTS. Turning is fanastic in the 991 TTS even on the PZeros and would be even better with Pilot Sport Cup 2s because of it's wider rear stance and added stability by the 4 wheel steering was originally developed for the 991 tts. 991 GT3 got that from the 991 TTS. Porsche has made the feel of the 991 TTS to the level that a true enthusiast could enjoy and used it all year around. Great car reviews about 991tts proves it. I personally loves the fact that it can get 0-60 within 2 SEC range and the feeling of being very fast at any speed has my blood pumping and at the same time it can take corners very well. While being a very fast car both on and off the track it is also very civilized when needed and can be driven through any adverse weather therefore I choose the 991 TTS if money is no object between the GT3 and TURBO S
GT3 RS isn't going to be much cheaper than turbos. Even they are at same price I would still choose the RS. Don't have to think twice.

GT3 is down by 85HP and tons of torque. But produce the same laptime.
GT3 doesn't have the shoot out corner exit as turbos and straight line performance of tts.
That means GT3 have to take corners a lot faster and brake will be slightly better than tts due to it's less weight.
Straight line acceleration is exciting but I got bored soon. Once you lunch the car over 10 times there is no excitement about it anymore.I have driven the new 991 turbo s and did 0-100 in 2.95. Check my other posts.
But driving on track is addictive. I always want to push more in corners.
Work on my skill and try to get the perfect line and feel the car.
In that case GT3 is a lot better. That is why EVO rate GT3 is the 2013 best drivers car.
The engine revs to 9000RPM. Sure they are having a big problem at the moment but I am sure porsche will get it right and take care of customers.

I know a old gentleman has a 997.2 turbo s and 997.2 GT3 rs.
He will only drive the turbo on track when GT3 is in service.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM
ChrisEVO has a spectacular aura aboutChrisEVO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
Thanks for all the Turbo S info, but the thread is about GT3s. I'm glad you love your Turbo S.

Back to GT3s - I've read another thread where people claim dealers are sitting on 991 GT3s awaiting engine swaps and those cars will soon (1-3 months) be available for sale. If anyone knows about one of these, please PM me. I'm driving a GT3RS on Thursday to see what I think.
LOL. I was beginning to think we had a PCNA marketing rep on the board

So, did you drive one and immediately after, buy one? Seems to be what usually happens.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:25 PM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ChrisEVO
LOL. I was beginning to think we had a PCNA marketing rep on the board

So, did you drive one and immediately after, buy one? Seems to be what usually happens.

I didn't - I got the expected "hey, I just wanted to let you know that we have a very serious offer on the car and before we allow you to test drive it, we will require an offer from you first" call. I don't play stupid games like this, especially when the car had too many miles for my taste. To be honest, I'm leaning toward the 991, as I am running into too many hassles and gold diggers trying to find a decent RS.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Poofyo101 is infamous around these parts
997.2 RS. Manual is more fun despite being milliseconds slower.