Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

anyone driven gt3 and compared to gt2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 01:03 PM
macfly is infamous around these parts
You are a lucky man to have had a chance to play with both. I'm sure I'd prefer the torque of the 2, and I too prefer it's looks, but the 3 certainly keeps all my attention, and after 10 weeks I still feel like it is soooo much more car than I am driver, so can't imagine the madness of the 2!

As you know I followed your old 2 thru the canyons, and there was no way I could keep anywhere near it, or Tyson in his GT2. In real road terms all that torque makes it so much quicker.

I'm sure the same will be true at the most of the big tracks, but I wonder how'd they'd compare on a tight track like SoW?

Old 03-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Andrew, at SOW I think the GT3 has an advantage. It is more nimble and the linear throttle response would enable it to be driven more aggressively through the corners without having to worry about the boost hitting you like a hammer and putting the car sideways while you are in 2nd gear. GT2 is also very nimble, but one needs to be judicious with that throttle.

If you get cocky with it, the GT2 becomes an aerobatic plane!!!

Hey, it's nice to be able to say that here without getting banned!

I think that ***** EJ has admin rights on Rennlist and banned me again. That board and its little clique of ****** is beginning to irk me, especially because John D. gives them carte blanche to be *******s to everybody.

I think we should convert all the 'cool' people from Rennlist to this board!!!

Old 03-27-2004, 03:18 PM
It's true to say that the Rennlist GT board seems to be full of people wanting a fight, and none of the ones who do seem to even own GT cars. Is it envy, anger, or are they just lost fighter pilots who've outgrown their usefullness?

It's got really tiresome, and to be honest it's kinda put me off 'Porsche People' a little bit. There are some great voices there, but they are so heavily outnumbered by the idiots.

The other cars I've had have had such great enthusiast groups, fun, intelegent, helpful and most of all full of great info shared to make the ownership experience better.

Let's see if we can make a better go of it here.....but the not if the image posting size stays as it is, it is wayyyy tooo small.

Old 03-27-2004, 03:46 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
andrew,

the guys here are working on making it easy for us to post photos at the moment [when darren???]

on tight flat tracks the gt3 becomes equal to GT2... at Hoch. heim they're only a second apart. i will say for a meduim driver like me the rear end of the GT3 has felt a little too light on occasion but i have done no race or track setup to that car.

as for wanklist -- andrew 18 months ago there were highly skilled guys who just left being shouted down... and i believe it's envy largely that drives these non-GT owners to try to dominate the GT board. This board was started by great guys because of wanklist's issues.

the guys that run this board are really hip and fun. Well Duane's an SY guy, but he keeps it on the road, why I even owned an SY car once.

the wanklist TT board died when 6 came on and we can get the GT3 board going, or maybe ask Duane or Darren if it should be combined either with 996 ot GT2 for critical mass. rockit and sloth are here, and tyson's going to check with Noel,

and i'll ask mr RS and Steve bassington and guy ratcliffe from titanic if they want to try..

Old 03-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Let's see what we can do over here then. I did like the GT2/3 combo of the other board, it seemed to give a nice blend. if you just look at the good posts. I think that all GT owners are pretty like minded, be it turbo or not, so I'd suggest putting us together.

As I said I also loved being able to put pix of our cars up, that is a very, very appealing part of the other site. The change is just one little tick in the prefs in the admin panel, this is the same architecture as I use for my bmwz8 site.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:19 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by macfly

As you know I followed your old 2 thru the canyons, and there was no way I could keep anywhere near it, or Tyson in his GT2. In real road terms all that torque makes it so much quicker.
it's so funny, as this is the obvious truth, but the wars about this among the ignorant on wanklist were legion.

what happened to my old SY 2 shows you tho' -- respect is required

Old 03-27-2004, 09:46 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
Hey guys, I just started posting here as well and it seems that we're getting all the worthwhile members...nice to see old friends...

Old 03-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Wattster: Did you invite DTR?

Old 03-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Imagine Life with EJ/DTR -- reminds me of the opening scene of terminator 2.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:34 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
EJ..............my buddy

Old 03-28-2004, 09:35 PM
EJ/DTR is already here, he has taken elements of these posts and posted the over there, so I'm sure he'll make his presence felt at some point.

Old 03-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Banned
ejfiii is infamous around these parts
Wow, took you guys a few hours. I like this sandbox.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:47 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Picture postin............

This one is 800 x 600. And under 1MB........

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2004, 06:48 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
The above picture is "ATTACHED"

Uploaded no problem. Please use 800 x 600 or lower - 640 x 480 would be even more ideal.

Loaded very fast too.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:51 AM
One more thing. If you are simply trying to upload a digital camera uploaded picture, it might be way too big in file size. Please use a photo editor and resize it to 800 x 600 and save it as a "low to medium" sized JPG image. You can't simply upload a digital camera pic because it will slow down browsing.

THanks for your consideration, and remember .......keep it at low to medium so its under 1MB file size.

Shank

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone driven gt3 and compared to gt2?