Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

anyone driven gt3 and compared to gt2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 07:07 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
anyone driven gt3 and compared to gt2?

any euro guys out there who can compare gt2 and gt3 yet???? thx

Old 07-21-2003, 04:42 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
I was in both at Lemans and it was brilliant, from 40mph to 125. With the GT3 stuck to the GT2's bumper at 40 and thenm watching in the rear view mirror it losing ground was just awesome.

However when i was in the GT3 the thing i liked most was the instant throttle response, really really top notch

all the best
adam

Old 07-24-2003, 12:01 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I have only driven the GT2 and everytime I drive it the rush is greater and greater, not only in the power but in the handling, ride, sound, and most of all I have yet to see one other one on the road.

Old 08-09-2003, 10:41 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
2004 gt3 for sale at window white black

for sale 2004 gt3 white/black; PCCB, Xenon. New. window $111,320
car in Malibu. wattwebb@hotmail.com or 310.317.6702

Old 09-19-2003, 07:03 AM
sold

Old 10-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
JAS, I want you're car collection "

Old 10-25-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks dabum, soon I will be able to experience the GT3 and be able to voice an opinion on it, everything I have read and have heard from owners of them seem to be great, it should be probably the best 996 made IMO, only time will tell.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:54 PM
i just bought another gt3, silver with steel this time. the car is a rocket, feels lighter than a gt2 and is super fast, but cant hillclimb like a torque king [gt2], the only weakness i can find, other than the appearance of the rear wing.

btw, i can find weaknesses on the gt2 also

Old 10-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by watt
btw, i can find weaknesses on the gt2 also
Slow down, I dont know about that, the GT2 is a car that not many owners have the skill to drive to its potential, many think they do but they really dont, lets be realistic, you own one you know what I mean.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:48 AM
jas,

seriously righteous group of rigs you have!!!!

Last edited by watt; 04-07-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Watt you bought another Gt3? Elaborate my brother!!

Old 10-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Duanage,

you are SO behind the times!!! prices got hot and i couldnt help it.

waiting for the truck, paid for but probably another 2 weeks. 105 window silver, xenon, etc. requires no washing.

the way it's going i need a responsible driver to break the thing in between SD and malibu.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
How much you pay to hire an extra special, absolutely very much careful-drive it like a creampuff type driver to bring that baby back?

R

Old 10-30-2003, 08:14 AM
CFR,
do you know any cream puff drivers? maybe todd c? blow 4 tyres between SD and CA?

Old 03-27-2004, 09:30 AM
thought i'd update my thoughts on gt3 vs gt2 now being on my 3rd GT2 and having just driven my arctic GT3 5000 miles.

GT3: great track car, wonderful feeling of 73S: agile, light and small feeling even tho' it's 3049 #. car must be kept high in rev.s - on the cam we used to say for 70S's - to have good power. if you live in the mountians as i do, it means running above 6000 rpm. sound is great. a super car at a bargain price.

GT2: great all around town and country super car. the massive torque allows you to cruise a gear high and produces amazing flexibility reletaive to GT3. in the mountains the torque makes you much quicker uphill. car does feel heavier than GT3, by more than the 125# actual. brakes even better than steel GT3, pwer incredible and i prefer the look. an incredible performance bargain at today's market prices.

these 2 cars typify Porsche to me and keep the greatness going

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone driven gt3 and compared to gt2?