Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Should I cancel my 2014 GT3 and wait for 2015?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Jooyoung99 is infamous around these parts
Should I cancel my 2014 GT3 and wait for 2015?

Hello,

My GT3 got stuck at Port in Germany, and most likely it will get to US late July or early August. It's waiting for engine replacement.

I was reading few forums, and I'm kind of worried about the future value of the 2014 GT3. It seems like many people view the 2014 GT3s as a "lemon" car. And technically it is a lemon in CA if a new car has been out of commission for certain amount of days.

One hand, I can't wait to get the car, on another hand, I'm worried I'll take a big loss on it when I sell it in 2 to 3 years. All my previous GT3s sold for really good price, and that's one of the factors that keeps me getting the car every 2 to 3 years.

Should I wait for the 2015? Am I being paranoid about the 2014 future value?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
BlackSpeed is infamous around these partsBlackSpeed is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't buy a 2014 GT3, maybe lease it for a couple years if the numbers are good.
If not, wait and buy a 2015.
I'm thinking about replacing my c2s (only have 1000mls) with a GT3 or Turbo.
I love my c2s, but it feels underpowered to me, I'm kinda bumming out over it.
GL

Old 06-03-2014, 12:21 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
I'm thinking about replacing my c2s (only have 1000mls) with a GT3 or Turbo.
I love my c2s, but it feels underpowered to me, I'm kinda bumming out over it.
GL
Going to a turbo should satisfy your power craving. Wow... very fast even stock Go drive one!

Old 06-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
Hello,

My GT3 got stuck at Port in Germany, and most likely it will get to US late July or early August. It's waiting for engine replacement.

I was reading few forums, and I'm kind of worried about the future value of the 2014 GT3. It seems like many people view the 2014 GT3s as a "lemon" car. And technically it is a lemon in CA if a new car has been out of commission for certain amount of days.

One hand, I can't wait to get the car, on another hand, I'm worried I'll take a big loss on it when I sell it in 2 to 3 years. All my previous GT3s sold for really good price, and that's one of the factors that keeps me getting the car every 2 to 3 years.

Should I wait for the 2015? Am I being paranoid about the 2014 future value?
Your's is not a lemon since it was never delivered. The good part about it being stuck in port in Germany is that it will be shipped back to the factory for engine replacement.

Also, if you don't have a secured allocation for a 2015, you are probably hosed until 2016 as many 2015's went to unbuilt 2014 customers

You should be getting compensated at $2000/month, 1 year extended warranty and they do provide you a brand new 911 loaner in the interim. This package only applies to 2014 cars. Keep in mind the 2015's are identical with only a price increase and a 4 year warranty instead of 5.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
yes....i am.....i have no desire to own a 14 with the engine that's been swapped, again this is why i dont like to buy the first model of anything....

Old 06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Your's is not a lemon since it was never delivered. The good part about it being stuck in port in Germany is that it will be shipped back to the factory for engine replacement.

Also, if you don't have a secured allocation for a 2015, you are probably hosed until 2016 as many 2015's went to unbuilt 2014 customers

You should be getting compensated at $2000/month, 1 year extended warranty and they do provide you a brand new 911 loaner in the interim. This package only applies to 2014 cars. Keep in mind the 2015's are identical with only a price increase and a 4 year warranty instead of 5.
First of all, I'm not getting compensated $2,000 per month. I spoke to Porsche rep, and they told me that only the customers who already got their cars delivered get the compensation. Which makes sense, since I haven't paid for the car, I only have a deposit down since August 2013. I'm not even sure I'll get the extended warranty either.

Second, Porsche only stated these compensations, but never delivered them in a written letter, so that's all kind of in the air.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
First of all, I'm not getting compensated $2,000 per month. I spoke to Porsche rep, and they told me that only the customers who already got their cars delivered get the compensation. Which makes sense, since I haven't paid for the car, I only have a deposit down since August 2013. I'm not even sure I'll get the extended warranty either. Second, Porsche only stated these compensations, but never delivered them in a written letter, so that's all kind of in the air.
If your car is built, you have the wrong info.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:12 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
If you really want the car, I would personally wait for the 2015 model. It will be less messy in terms of paperwork and explanations.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:22 PM
I am keeping mine. To the OP, all 2014 owners, whether delivered or ordered received an email from Tim Quinn of PCNA, stating in writing that we all get the additional years warranty and we would be contacted about additional compensation. Yes they did not put the exact dollar amount in writing, but everyone (except you) has been told the $2000/month from the original date of delivery to actual. We have also all been offered new 991 loaners to drive until the GT3 arrives. Mine is being prepped today for delivery tomorrow.

I completely understand those that want to bail, but I will keep the car for a long time. There are no changes to the car for the 2015 production run, other than those current changes being made to the motor and software. So, for me, waiting for a 2015 is a crap shoot to even get an allocation and a more expensive identical car with 1 year less warranty.

On the bright side, the 2014 GT3 will be an extremely low production run, since a large number of those cars were reassigned to 2015.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Did you already fully pay for your GT3 or just have a deposit?

I called and spoke to the rep twice. I got assigned a case number, but I was told that the $2K a months was for people who have already purchased the car, not just put a deposit.

There was no mention of loaner car whatsoever. I could see that for people who fully paid for the car, they should get compensated.

Perhaps, I did get the wrong info. But I'm still skeptical why Porsche would compensation a buyer that hasn't paid for the car. I left a message to a GT3 concierge, hopefully they will contact me soon with a good news.

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I am keeping mine. To the OP, all 2014 owners, whether delivered or ordered received an email from Tim Quinn of PCNA, stating in writing that we all get the additional years warranty and we would be contacted about additional compensation. Yes they did not put the exact dollar amount in writing, but everyone (except you) has been told the $2000/month from the original date of delivery to actual. We have also all been offered new 991 loaners to drive until the GT3 arrives. Mine is being prepped today for delivery tomorrow.

I completely understand those that want to bail, but I will keep the car for a long time. There are no changes to the car for the 2015 production run, other than those current changes being made to the motor and software. So, for me, waiting for a 2015 is a crap shoot to even get an allocation and a more expensive identical car with 1 year less warranty.

On the bright side, the 2014 GT3 will be an extremely low production run, since a large number of those cars were reassigned to 2015.
Low production run of a year that is going to replaced by the identical 2015 is no advantage. Like it or not preception is everything. There will be people that don't like the fact that a fully built car had to be taken apart and reassembled. As a result those people will stay away from a 2014 GT3. I am not saying it's right but people are funny about the cars they buy. It's like seeing wheels, tires, exhausts that never got installed. People just trying to sell them. Some people would pay more for new then from someone that purchase the exact same thing for less and it sat in a garage for a few months. Maybe not an exact analogy but you get my point.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 PM
GTEE3 is infamous around these parts

^ +1 what he said.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:31 PM
GTEE3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Low production run of a year that is going to replaced by the identical 2015 is no advantage. Like it or not preception is everything. There will be people that don't like the fact that a fully built car had to be taken apart and reassembled. As a result those people will stay away from a 2014 GT3. I am not saying it's right but people are funny about the cars they buy. It's like seeing wheels, tires, exhausts that never got installed. People just trying to sell them. Some people would pay more for new then from someone that purchase the exact same thing for less and it sat in a garage for a few months. Maybe not an exact analogy but you get my point.
the "advantages" I see to taking a '14 are:
-I know I will get a car,
-my car never left the Factory complex, so s/b unblemished,
-$12k knocked off the list price w/ PCNA comp,
-one more year of warranty than a '15,
-enjoying a 'free' 911 for 6mos.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Did you already fully pay for your GT3 or just have a deposit?

I called and spoke to the rep twice. I got assigned a case number, but I was told that the $2K a months was for people who have already purchased the car, not just put a deposit.

There was no mention of loaner car whatsoever. I could see that for people who fully paid for the car, they should get compensated.

Perhaps, I did get the wrong info. But I'm still skeptical why Porsche would compensation a buyer that hasn't paid for the car. I left a message to a GT3 concierge, hopefully they will contact me soon with a good news.

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.
I placed a 10% deposit down. You should get good news. Just ask for the loaner, and they arrange it with your dealer. Mine notified me within a couple days.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by GTEE3
Originally Posted by CALGUY
the "advantages" I see to taking a '14 are:
-I know I will get a car,
-my car never left the Factory complex, so s/b unblemished,
-$12k knocked off the list price w/ PCNA comp,
-one more year of warranty than a '15,
-enjoying a 'free' 911 for 6mos.
What he said! Looks like I'm picking up a white "S" tomorrow evening.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I cancel my 2014 GT3 and wait for 2015?